It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 100 people dead as a suicide car bomb hits convoy of buses in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
link

At least 100 people have today died after a suicide car bomb hit a convoy of buses evacuating residents close to the war-torn Syrian city of Aleppo. The lethal blast happened at a transit point for Syrians leaving the clutches of ISIS for the safe havens on the outskirts of the city.

Oh my this sucks for the innocent people in Syria who are just trying to get out. I'm torn on whether Assad is the real enemy there.....

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

That's a lot of bang?

That smells of a much larger involvement as opposed to you normal IED type or suicide vest?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm guessing this was probably ISIS or Al Qaeda. It is more their style. It said about twenty rebels were effected so I doubt if it is their group, but you never know.

We got to get rid of those terrorist groups over there

Not surprisingly, it appears no white hats were injured, but they shortly arrived after the explosion occurred. Since possibly twenty rebels were killed, I assume that White hat is allied with either ISIS or Al Qaeda. Maybe this is something Al Qaeda did because we destroyed their tunnels with that MOAB bomb.

Sad that so many innocent people there had to be killed.
edit on 16-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

I'm confused about Syria. It seems that terrorists and the Syrian government are killing innocent citizens there. Is that correct?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jburg6
I'm torn on whether Assad is the real enemy there.....

I have stated this a number of times, I know enough Syrians from all walks of life and not one had a bad word to say about him.. My guess is the hidden agenda covert radicals are the ones calling for his removal along with the western agenda of destabilisation for the region. Having watched more than a few interviews with him he comes across very intelligent and dare I say level headed, he also undertook education in London so he is aware of the wider world unlike many..

This whole affair stinks to high heaven, first the general speaking about the countries that are set for regime change then Syria has a massive war by proxy??, it is a bit to coincidental. Damascus was the trading hub for the middle east where every faith and religion worked side by side with no issues now you have a country that is hell on earth with psychopathic lunatics raping and murdering all whilst they are funded by outside sources..

Ask the women and girls of non Muslim faith that where protected under Assad if he was "the enemy" as they are locked up tortured and sold as sex slaves as happens in the ISIS controlled regions.....

RA
edit on 16-4-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

edit on 16-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

link

At least 100 people have today died after a suicide car bomb hit a convoy of buses evacuating residents close to the war-torn Syrian city of Aleppo. The lethal blast happened at a transit point for Syrians leaving the clutches of ISIS for the safe havens on the outskirts of the city.

Oh my this sucks for the innocent people in Syria who are just trying to get out. I'm torn on whether Assad is the real enemy there.....

Torn? All logical thought processes indicate Assad was not behind the chemical weapons attack. He's not a mad man. He's not a dictator. He's a democratically elected president who still has the support of the remaining Syrian citizens.

This right off the bat stinks of ISIS or perhaps some manufactured BS from the west.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Thankyou for your insight, slider1982. I understand the Syrian situation a little bit better now.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

link

Torn? All logical thought processes indicate Assad was not behind the chemical weapons attack. He's not a mad man. He's not a dictator. He's a democratically elected president who still has the support of the remaining Syrian citizens.

This right off the bat stinks of ISIS or perhaps some manufactured BS from the west.

WHY doesn't President Assad ask for help with ridding his country of ISIS? After all, they are an enemy that every country wants to vanquish from the face of the Earth.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Pretty easy to happen when he runs unaposed.

Who was his predecessor?

Keep telling yourself he's democratically elected, he and his father have run the country since 1971.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because at times, ISIS were of use to him in battling the rebels.

He deliberately told his defence forces, multiple times, to not bomb ISIS strongholds.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

link

WHY doesn't President Assad ask for help with ridding his country of ISIS? After all, they are an enemy that every country wants to vanquish from the face of the Earth.

He has Asked the Russians for help but the US, UK and Saudi keep poking their noses in where it's not wanted or needed.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Because at times, ISIS were of use to him in battling the rebels.

He deliberately told his defence forces, multiple times, to not bomb ISIS strongholds.

If Assad was doing a good job of taking care of citizens of Syria, there shouldn't be rebels, should there?

Did the USA "create" ISIS, as candidate Trump used to say to Hillary in the debates?

Like I said in an above post, Syria is so confusing.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

link

He has Asked the Russians for help but the US, UK and Saudi keep poking their noses in where it's not wanted or needed.

Why doesn't President Assad ask the USA/UK/Saudi Arabia to stay away from his country? Since it's his country, we should honor his requests.

Could you imagine the outrage here in America if Syria or Iran bombed one of our military airfields in Virgina, or Kentucky?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

link

Why doesn't President Assad ask the USA/UK/Saudi Arabia to stay away from his country? Since it's his country, we should honor his requests.

Could you imagine the outrage here in America if Syria or Iran bombed one of our military airfields in Virgina, or Kentucky?

What makes you think he hasn't..?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A hundred people??!! Whoa that's a lot! Must have been a big bomb. Seems like things are escalating quickly.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Of course it's confusing.

The whole Middle East is. The people that blanketly state that the US created ISIS have a very small grasp on what is actually happening.

Moderate rebels, Al Qaeda affiliated rebels, ISIS, Syrian forces...they're all mashed up in there together. Those that the US call moderate rebels are called terrorists by Syria and Russia, some started out as moderates, then changed. Etc etc etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

I'm torn on whether Assad is the real enemy there.....

I have stated this a number of times, I know enough Syrians from all walks of life and not one had a bad word to say about him.. My guess is the hidden agenda covert radicals are the ones calling for his removal along with the western agenda of destabilisation for the region. Having watched more than a few interviews with him he comes across very intelligent and dare I say level headed, he also undertook education in London so he is aware of the wider world unlike many..

This whole affair stinks to high heaven, first the general speaking about the countries that are set for regime change then Syria has a massive war by proxy??, it is a bit to coincidental. Damascus was the trading hub for the middle east where every faith and religion worked side by side with no issues now you have a country that is hell on earth with psychopathic lunatics raping and murdering all whilst they are funded by outside sources..

Ask the women and girls of non Muslim faith that where protected under Assad if he was "the enemy" as they are locked up tortured and sold as sex slaves as happens in the ISIS controlled regions.....

RA

This whole affair makes me sick to my stomach. To realize that, from newsreaders to politicians, come on TV and keep a straight face while telling us that Assad is a Daemon, who kills little babies with sarin gas. I sometimes hope, that all these people who knowingly destroy a persons character, and feed us all the lies, will one day be in the same position as Assad. It is so blatently obvious, it's ridiculous. A whole country destroyed, thousands upon thousands lost their lives, and for what, so that we can depose a sovreign leader, who's one of the most educated and level headed in the region, take all of his countries wealth, leave the people to suffer the consequences. My heart goes out to all the people in Syria, Lybia and Iraq, who have been living this hell. I wish that they, and I, live to see the day, that everyone who's responsible for this mess, will have to answer for it, Ghadaffi style!

We all know better, yet we are powerless to change it as individuals......

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

and the DeepState has run the US for longer than that. Pretty sure no one has the moral highground to judge Assad. This is purely a "might makes right" demonstration of the West and its everything we were taught was wrong as children.
edit on 16-4-2017 by tribal because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Of course it's confusing.

The whole Middle East is. The people that blanketly state that the US created ISIS have a very small grasp on what is actually happening.

Moderate rebels, Al Qaeda affiliated rebels, ISIS, Syrian forces...they're all mashed up in there together. Those that the US call moderate rebels are called terrorists by Syria and Russia, some started out as moderates, then changed. Etc etc etc.

^^^ This is one of the sanest posts I've seen in a while on the subject. Running through that lot are the black marketeers who thrive in all conflicts and only back the money. Family allegiances, old grudges and swathes of people who want a quiet life too.

The only thing missing is simplicity...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

oh i think its a lot more simple than you give it credit for.

its tribalism, pure and simple. And the unifying thread that weaves its way through all of these various groups is Islam. What a surprise.

I think only a fool would discount the profound influence religious ideology has in shaping human behavior. Instead of recognizing this historical common theme in human history modern pundits prefer to speak in their usual quasi intelligent manner attributing the cause of warring factions to varying political aspirations and goals rather than to the most obvious, base motivations.

<<   2 >>

join