It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Cox claims that CERN disproves the supernatural

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

Possibly. However that still goes back to Cox' point. If there are ghosts and souls, why can't we 'see' them?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

Tongue-in-cheek. Irony, parody, banter, caricature, mockery, sarcasm, skit, spoof, persiflages.. come on folks, no scientist will ever SERIOUSLY say that you can prove a negative. But given the crazy theories ventilated on the Internet, I can imagine that scientists, in turn, make a mock of us. Nothing to see here, sorry.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Possibly. However that still goes back to Cox' point. If there are ghosts and souls, why can't we 'see' them?

Well, actually, the entire point of discussing ghosts at all is that some people CAN see them. We merely aren't able to explain them in terms of our current scientific models, unless we assume the observers (including cameras) to be fakes, frauds, or gullible folks. Our disability to explain them might mean they don't exist - it might also mean our models are flawed.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Duncan "Om" MacDougall (c. 1866 – October 15, 1920) was an early 20th-century physician in Haverhill, Massachusetts who sought to measure the mass lost by a human when the soul departed the body at death. MacDougall attempted to measure the mass change of six patients at the moment of death. His first subject, the results from which MacDougall felt were most accurate, lost "three-fourths of an ounce", which has since been popularized as "21 grams".[1]

Interesting to note off WIKI that snopes dot com have been involved in the refutations .

Has no one thought of doing this experiment again ?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I already said all that so I take it we agree.

The most reasonable model for 'seeing' ghosts is the psychosocial one with others requiring more creativity and/or puzzling.

a reply to: ZIPMATT

Yes, I've read about it before. There's some refutations somewhere out there iirc. It was still a great idea to test the notion of souls.

I guess for it to work we'd have to have terminally ill patients bedded down on extremely sensitive weigh-bridges. Their rooms would be like Faraday cages and be sealed to reduce temperature difference. They'd be hooked up to machines so their weight at death/post-death was right to the split second. The weight of a breath would need to be known in case they exhaled at death and it tilted the measurements. Probably isolation and CCTV would be a good idea to prevent interference.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
These are the guys who was looking for a GOD particle 😂

That would be a "God D..." particle. It was called that due to it being so elusive. Nothing to do with God as such. Just swearing at the dang thing for hiding so well
Now it is almost a 6 Sigma (I know) that it has been found . Thus time to call it by it's true name -Higgs Boson

I wish I could get the connection with the Higgs-Boson , CERN (really the LHC) , the bottomless pit , ghosts , supernatural , etc. I just cant .

edit on 4/16/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I guess for it to work we'd have to have terminally ill patients bedded down on extremely sensitive weigh-bridges. Their rooms would be like Faraday cages and be sealed to reduce temperature difference. They'd be hooked up to machines so their weight at death/post-death was right to the split second. The weight of a breath would need to be known in case they exhaled at death and it tilted the measurements. Probably isolation and CCTV would be a good idea to prevent interference.

What is the weight of ones and zeros I wonder? If you unplug the machine - does the ghost leave?

When I wonder about this sort of thing, I always end up wondering where our ones and zeros are written. Like a discarded and outdated floppy disk - are we still there? Or, not so much?

:-)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dcopymope
Everyday, groups like CERN confirms the suspicions I have had since my very first video concerning what the lie of the strong delusion will be about. In a nutshell, I made it clear two years ago that a big part of the 'lie' will be when what we as Christians call supernatural is spun off as entirely natural, and that when you start getting news that they have found the ultimate key to the origin of what truly makes the universe and all living things what they are, it is going to be a lie straight from the bottomless pit. This is what my latest short video is all about.

CERNs true purpose revealed:

Link: Brian Cox: The LHC Disproves the Existence of Ghosts and the Paranormal

How is he wrong?!?!?

What he said was very simple, to the point and undeniably logical...

EVERYTHING any human being has ever confirmable observed is made of particles and atoms..

Light, matter... everything..

Take light and sound for example.. both require a medium "move through".

We have never once in all of human history observed one verifiable account of the supernatural ... not one.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To be a "ghost" of any standing, or being able to generate enough 'energy' to be witnessed by others, the Ones that aren't on a "Walk About" with their Pineal Glands calcified to the point they don't remember their own name, You'd have to surmise that this 'ghost' is smart enough NOT to get caught in a cylinder w/high powered crap pointed at them...

I'd wager the 'ghosts' present were floating about giggling when these 'Great Minds' were pontificating w/their $2.00 words...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Nor will Dark Matter ever be found it isn't necessary. The reason that the Universe appears to be expanding it at an increasing rate is that as space-time stretches time speeds up so towards the periphery of the expansion of the universe it appears to be expanding had an increasing rate when it actually isn't the time is moving fast as their the farther away from us yet or the closer because of dancer space and stretch space no need for any additional energy because it's not actually accelerating in its expansion

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

How do you know that it isn't fake news he is pushing? People will do and say just about anything to be in the limelight or to hide something. My guess is that they don't have a clue.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So, 'Renowned physicist Brian Cox' claims...

"... the lack of any physical evidence being detected by the highly sensitive Large Hadron Collider disproves the existence of ghosts.
Four in 10 Americans reportedly believe in ghosts, a figure that belies the lack of scientific evidence behind their existence."

This is the bright lad who played keyboards, as I recall, on Tony Blairs 'New Labour' anthem 'Things Can Only Get Better'.

Outside of the disturbing illogic if his claim I can only say 4 in 10 Americans believe in something, unlike 10 in 10 New Labour supporters who believed in nothing....apart from self promotion.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Considering all of the occult stuff that surrounds the site, it's quite interesting that he'd make sch a claim....

Deception, indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Considering all of the occult stuff that surrounds the site, it's quite interesting that he'd make sch a claim....

Deception, indeed.

I'm certain that most of the symbols in occult circles are in fact hidden instructions for how they will open the pit. They have a statue erected of a god from the very religion that in some sects espoused an eternal, cyclical universe. Its what the symbol of the ouroboros is really about. And when God allows the serpent to eats its tail, the pit opens.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dcopymope

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Deception, indeed.

I'm certain that most of the symbols in occult circles are in fact hidden instructions for how they will open the pit. They have a statue erected of a god from the very religion that in some sects espoused an eternal, cyclical universe. Its what the symbol of the ouroboros is really about. And when God allows the serpent to eats its tail, the pit opens.

Quite possible. Will have to check the video later.

<< 1   >>

join