It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents lose children for telling them Easter Bunny isn't real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: MALBOSIA

No..... what you said was this:

I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

Word for word that's what you said, and that's not true. All they did is tell those kids the TRUTH, there is no Easter bunny, telling kid there IS an Easter bunny is a LIE. No way around it no matter how you want to justify it, there is no Easter bunny, attempting to convince your children that there is an Easter bunny is lying.

You don't need to lie to them with outdated (religious based) stories to retain their imagination, they will still have an imagination without that pointless crap.

Yeah, and the exact same argument can be made for religions, too. The difference between an anthropomorphized egg-laying rabbit and religion is the rabbit isn't going to friggin' hold everything you do over your head & make you paranoid of a post-death fantasy land or not your entire life. One is a benevolent, whimsical tradition, the other is decidedly less so.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Typical, deflection of the subject once you've lost the argument. Now your just going to resort to childish Easter bunny molestation jokes.

Classic debate logical fallacy.

No sorry. There is no argument here to lose. Everyone knows the Easter bunny is BS. It doesn't matter. It's a cultural connection that we can all share. Do the parents in the OP deserve to lose their children for not trying to maintain the Easter bunny story? No. Probably not. That doesn't change my opinion however that these parents are selfish and self centered to take away from these kids the joy of being part of something that plays on their imagination.

Do you think the Easter bunny, painting eggs and treasure hunts are harmful to children? You believe that children are being indoctrined? If so I say your mistaken and your own projection of what people should believe or not is irrelevant.

Let the kids paint some eggs without throwing your beliefs and disbelief in their face like your showing off how much smarter you are than those that believe in silly religion.

Kids don't care what you believe leave them be.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The Easter bunny was real, I ate him when I was 7.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I sure am glad I had Parents who made holidays so special and magical. I was raised Catholic and we still got all dressed up nice and went to church and understood that part of Easter, but we also had the Easter bunny eggs and toys. At Christmas we knew it was about Jesus and we also had a Christmas tree, gifts, decorations and went to see Santa at the mall.

When I learned that The Easter bunny and Santa weren't real, I was disappointed at first, but quickly realized how much my Parents loved my siblings and I to make our childhood so magical. I don't go to church anymore and find I am more spiritual than religious and if I had children, they would be celebrating holidays the same way that I did. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't think the foster Parents should take the enchantment away from a child. Leave it up to the real or adoptive Parents to decide.

Not sure if there is more to the story than what is being told.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

a reply to: trollz

That's pretty sad, those foster parents sound like smart people who also respect the intellect of the children in their care.

Funny thing is that christians don't even realize their Easter celebrations have nothing to do with Christianity and that it actually qualifies as false idol worship which is a SIN. Worshipping Ester, the rabbit headed fertility god and hiding eggs in a field, another fertility ritual ment to bring good harvests.

Um its not Idol worship i f you are not praying to it. Declaring something a SIN when its not is a Sin in itself.

Actual point of easter is to celebrate the resurrection. Thats it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Typical, deflection of the subject once you've lost the argument. Now your just going to resort to childish Easter bunny molestation jokes.

Classic debate logical fallacy.

Kids don't care what you believe leave them be.

I agree kids don't care what you believe so leave them be, as in not telling them fake things to believe in, which is what your doing see? I'm on the side of telling children the truth, and guess what, they can still enjoy all the things that go along with Easter without me perpetuating a tired lie.

To recap, I'm for telling children the truth.
Your for purposefully lying to them so that you can vicariously take credit for their happiness correct?

And your telling me to leave them be? Seriously? You should leave them be.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
And zero ideas or solutions offered by you!

I was simply trying to offer a solution in a legal environment that frankly, is a good start. Easter is a capitalist consumer trap, but falls back to certain Christian beliefs. I am attempting to setup a defense in court against government overreach. People can have conflicting beliefs originating from identical ideologies you know. These parents are coming from the same page as me, that to indoctrinate children into accepting lies as truth is to condition adults to believe a man with no reason to gas his own people, just gassed his own people. (don't focus on this, it is merely an example)

I can believe that Christ is the Lord and Savior if I want to. But a government agency can not instill legal repercussions for mandating it be taught. Now, I have offered an idea towards a solution that has merit in a court of law. Are you going to put one on the table, and collaborate ideas that can assist this good natured couple, or would you like to

There is nothing secular about the origins of the Easter bunny concept except the capitalist evolution of using it to drain your hard earned capital. Did they say anywhere that they refused to allow the child to participate in any of the activities??

Perhaps you should face legal ramifications for refusing to tell children that Paul Bunyan or Uncle Sam are real people, as they are "ostensibly part of American culture?"

The couple told the support worker they would buy the girls new outfits and have a chocolate egg hunt, and even offered to have them sent to another foster home for Easter.
“We neither confirmed or denied the existence of Santa Claus,” Baars said, noting “we gave them gifts for Christmas and they were part of our extended family celebration. They had a good day.”

They did not prevent them from celebrating these traditions AT ALL.

I think there should be a balance between being respectful of the foster parent’s beliefs, but also the kids. You’ve got to find a middle ground.”

How does indoctrinating a child into a lie equate respect towards a child? Do you endorse de-licensing people and groups for refusing to peddle the tooth fairy as well?? Boogyman?? scooby doo??

Teaching my children reality, yes that makes me a responsible parent. How about you send your child into a tiger's den because "oh he won't hurt you. They are funny, cute and cuddly just like the one on Winnie the Pooh" . Sounds like you are more interested in being your child's friend instead of a parent who's job it is to raise the child into an empowered, educated, responsible adult. My kids are doing two Easter egg hunts tomorrow, none of them believe the Easter bunny is real. Teaching your children that every one of these holidays are fairy tales of consumer capitalism is how you raise adults that will be driven to change problems in the world, instead of wasting all their hard earned capital buying a cell phone and tablet upgrade every 18 months and binge drinking with friends twice a week at the bar.

Its the difference in breeding a dumb slave that complains they don' get paid enough $$$ but can smoke several packs a week of cigs, keep the fridge stocked with beer, and burn hundreds of dollar on idiot subscription entertainment services. Or breeding a successful job creator that is less concerned with being cool and fitting in with the loser debt slaves, and will rise through the ranks of those who actually influence policy decisions, be it local, state, national or global. Perhaps your next line of reasoning will be to scream fascism??

Its funny, every parent who meets my kids through their friends, always compliments how polite, educated, and articulated they are after I meet them. But forget all that... cuz... muh fairy tales bitch!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catcolouredpaint

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

Normally I'd agree, but they're not parents, not adopted parents, they're FOSTER parents. Most kids in foster homes are there temporarily until their parents comply with whatever requirements prove they're worthy to get them back. They should be providing them a stable home environment WITHOUT trying to change long-held beliefs, religious viewpoints, or political opinions. It's more a matter of respect. Here in Illinois you can get your kids taken away for tons of minor violations. I know a girl who lost her kids because one repeatedly had seizures. The seizures caused bruises. So she lost her child even though the condition was well-documented and she had brought the girl to the hospital every day for a month. She's working to get the girl back right now, and she will (but the girl's condition has deteriorated under foster care). My point is the whole easter bunny/ Santa Claus thing is up to her real parents, or her adopted parents in the future. Her foster parents did overstep their bounds.

I humbly disagree. I personally believe Kids are capable of knowing the truth and enjoying the imagination at the same time. Like it says in the article "it's fun to pretend". There's no reason to remove kids from perfectly suitable foster parents because they choose to tell them the truth from a young age. I mean do you really disagree with their logic? They expect the truth from the kids, and in return they expect themselves to be truthful towards the children. At the end of the day if the real parents wanted them to grow up with certain beliefs then they should make the effort to be good enough to keep them out of the care system because ultimately that's what's going to harm them more in the long term than any truth about the Easter bunny ever will.

I feel sorry for the kids stuck in the middle of this, not because they've heard the truth but because they're being passed from person to person with no stable home, which is far more important than a silly story

I 100% agree with you about say, raising my own kids. But they aren't raising their own kids, they're raising someone else's kids. The real parents complained about the way the fosters were raising the kids, and the fosters refused to comply. Don't parents have any rights?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Praying is not the only form of worship that falls under idolatry. It also covers any form of "offering" made to the false god, in this case the offering is the hiding of eggs in the fields to produce a good harvest.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

perhaps the biological parents should learn how to actually parent first before trying to judge the ones who demonstrated being responsible and selfless enough to raise theirs. Kids don't just go foster willy nilly, in most cases anyways.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
. I was raised Catholic and we still got all dressed up nice and went to church and understood that part of Easter, but we also had the Easter bunny eggs and toys. At Christmas we knew it was about Jesus and we also had

You are fooling us. bunnies dont make eggs.they dont play toys with eiithherr.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

No..... what you said was this:

I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

Word for word that's what you said, and that's not true. All they did is tell those kids the TRUTH, there is no Easter bunny, telling kid there IS an Easter bunny is a LIE. No way around it no matter how you want to justify it, there is no Easter bunny, attempting to convince your children that there is an Easter bunny is lying.

You don't need to lie to them with outdated (religious based) stories to retain their imagination, they will still have an imagination without that pointless crap.

Yeah, and the exact same argument can be made for religions, too. The difference between an anthropomorphized egg-laying rabbit and religion is the rabbit isn't going to friggin' hold everything you do over your head & make you paranoid of a post-death fantasy land or not your entire life. One is a benevolent, whimsical tradition, the other is decidedly less so.

I don't think this thread is about what to teach your children.

It's about whether or not anyone has the the right to tell you how to teach your children.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'd quote that wall-o-text, but I'll spare other readers' scroll buttons and give them the short version --- you're pissy that others aren't as hardcore sticks in the mud. How dull, I pity your offspring.
The foster kids' parents also complained, but I bet if the sitch was reversed and the foster kids came from a strict religious home you'd be all over the foster parents if they didn't take them to church or temple or whatever as the parents would want. Wouldn't you? That doesn't make you right, just a disgusting hypocrite. If someone is fostering, they're assisting in raising (for a SHORT TIME) kids who either have secular or religious foundations already laid, or whom will within reason and cooperation with the agency and actual parents.

The gist of it is if you can't cooperate in a temporary government-run co-parenting facade, don't foster in the first place.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

It's about whether or not anyone has the the right to tell you how to teach your children.

Well, you're half-right. A few posters are not registering that these are foster parents housing & caring temporarily for kids the Canadian version of CPS would like to reunite with their family. In effect, they are not their children and do not have the right to deny them what their family wishes taught. The agency obviously agreed with that.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry

The gist of it is if you can't cooperate in a temporary government-run co-parenting facade, don't foster in the first place.

yes, i too think along these lines i guess. In the west such things are audited professionally. They talked with the kid probably before their decision.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Well, you're half-right. A few posters are not registering that these are foster parents housing & caring temporarily for kids the Canadian version of CPS would like to reunite with their family. In effect, they are not their children and do not have the right to deny them what their family wishes taught. The agency obviously agreed with that.

Hmmm.. that is difficult, but the government obviously thought the foster parents were competent when they gave them custody.

Turning around and saying that they cannot teach the children what they want is an admission that the the state is the ultimate authority, when they want to be.

Which I can kind of understand, given that the children are under the supervision of the state, but mandating that someone needs to lie to children seems pretty orwellian.
edit on 16-4-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wait....the Easter Bunny isn't real?

LOL, What a bummer! I guess I have to stop putting out carrots the night before Easter. So who in the hell is leaving all the chocolate and candy in my Easter basket???

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wait....the Easter Bunny isn't real?

LOL, What a bummer! I guess I have to stop putting out carrots the night before Easter. So who in the hell is leaving all the chocolate and candy in my Easter basket???

Maybe you've been blessed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

woulda, shoulda, coulda is of no relevance here. We must only deal with the reality of the situation. The real parents lost custody of their children. They are mad that they took no pictures with Santa, and that the Easter bunny myth was not entertained. As a result, they got actual responsible adults who know how to raise children unjustly prevented from helping to empower other kids from parents that somehow or for no reason at all lost custody.

My children are actually quite happy with their lives. They have already seen and traveled more of this country than most of their peers or peer's parents. Including Redwood forest, the public diamond fields in Alabama, Grants Ice cave in NM, UFO fun spot Roswell, NM, the Mississippi river and too much more to bother listing. We visit lots of museums, zoo's, aquariums, local/state/national parks and theme parks every year and really enjoy the state fair and its adrenaline inducing rides. They have hiked in mountains, and snorkeled in beautiful thriving seagrass habitats. My wife teaches them the bible and that Jesus is our Lord and savior. She gets mad because I tell them it was more likely Jesus was a member of technologically advanced civi, possibly of alien origin. We let them decide who's bullsnap makes more sense, but don't really focus on it either way. What is more important to us is that they achieve academic success, understand respect and how to articulate their speech with good manners, and experience the heck out of this country and all its wonders as much as possible. Our next out of state venture is for North Carolina after going to witness the total solar eclipse in August in the South. That will be a new experience and destination for the entire family.

And you know what, we re not rich or on government assistance of any kind. Just try to be as responsible as possible both financially and in educating/empowering our children. Teaching them the reality of the world, which most of the Earth's human inhabitants knew the nature of before the advent of mind numbing screens, is in an effort to keep them ahead from an evolutionary perspective. Humans can be classified as predators and prey. An idealist will pretend one can be neutral. But there will always be a moment where they will be forced to decide to be one or the other. It could be in a schoolyard fight, a quick talking hustler trying to con them of their lunch money, or a malicious adult preying on their innocence.

I absolutely intend on making every effort that I raise a pack of NOT prey.
I feel that these foster parents are merely doing the same. We may be human, but we are all part of the animal kingdom. Sophistication only cleverly disguises the predator/prey symbiosis. Today's standard for kids is not to draw blood, but to draw labor and capitol. (do my homework, give me your lunch money, I have a bridge to sell you and it comes with an Easter Bunny)

For all intents and purposes, the Foster PARENTS are these children's parents due to whatever manner of circumstances caused their bio parents to lose custody. Bad evolutionary genetics has clearly led to whatever poor choices were made to cause this to happen.

I don't even know why I am so worked up about this. Canada has nothing to do with me, but I have been hearing too much craziness from there lately.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

RT.com. sorry don't trust anything they say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join