It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents lose children for telling them Easter Bunny isn't real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Two Canadian foster parents had their foster children removed from their home because they refused to say the Easter Bunny is real.

Hamilton Children’s Aid Society... ...told them to “tell the foster girls that the Easter Bunny was real or their foster home would be closed.”

Derek is studying to become an ordained minister in the Reform Presbyterian Church of North America, while Frances is a nanny with an Early Childhood Education diploma.

Source
This is why I don't want children. The world is full of absolute idiots who are given control over other people's lives.
A foster family took in two little girls, but then had them taken away and were told they were no longer allowed to foster children... Why? Because they didn't convince the girls that the Easter Bunny was real.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Two Canadian foster parents had their foster children removed from their home because they refused to say the Easter Bunny is real.

Hamilton Children’s Aid Society... ...told them to “tell the foster girls that the Easter Bunny was real or their foster home would be closed.”

Derek is studying to become an ordained minister in the Reform Presbyterian Church of North America, while Frances is a nanny with an Early Childhood Education diploma.

Source
This is why I don't want children. The world is full of absolute idiots who are given control over other people's lives.
A foster family took in two little girls, but then had them taken away and were told they were no longer allowed to foster children... Why? Because they didn't convince the girls that the Easter Bunny was real.

Wait....the Easter Bunny isn't real?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That's Canada for you!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What did these foster parents have to lose by not telling these children the Easter bunny was fake?

I'm on the fence here because sure, nobody is required to believe in the Easter bunny and deep down I'm sure most kids know it's not real. But why take that away from a child? What harm is it too believe in this?

I think that these parents are not guilty of exposing the truth about Easter and bunnies, I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

It's Grey but I take it personally. I believe in conspiracies. I believe that governments are a fraud. I would NEVER tell my children my beliefs on those those issues or any issue that is up to them to decide how they want to see the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That's pretty sad, those foster parents sound like smart people who also respect the intellect of the children in their care.

Funny thing is that christians don't even realize their Easter celebrations have nothing to do with Christianity and that it actually qualifies as false idol worship which is a SIN. Worshipping Ester, the rabbit headed fertility god and hiding eggs in a field, another fertility ritual ment to bring good harvests.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

That's pretty sad, those foster parents sound like smart people who also respect the intellect of the children in their care.

Funny thing is that christians don't even realize their Easter celebrations have nothing to do with Christianity and that it actually qualifies as false idol worship which is a SIN. Worshipping Ester, the rabbit headed fertility god and hiding eggs in a field, another fertility ritual ment to bring good harvests.

Nobody gives a snip about any of that. It's something fun to do with the kids that caters to their vibrant imaginations. We aren't raising Spartans here for crying out loud.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Wow... just wow... I don't even know what else to say. Its not even like the Easter bunny makes any sense... a rabbit that... erm... lays foil wrapped, branded, pre boxed chocolate eggs around your house (usually behind the curtains)... because Jesus was in a cave... or some stupid, barely related thing like that... even tho rabbits don't lay eggs at all.

I'm going to go vomit out my last bits of faith in humanity...
(then fill myself back up with chocolate rabbit eggs)

Happy Easter

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

They Should Sue the Canadian Government , and their Barrister should Insist the State Show Evidence that the Easter Bunny is Real , or Give them their Kids Back .

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow, if the Canadian gubmint is that strict about Easter bunny belief, you have to wonder how tough the Quebecois are about La Chasse Galerie at New Years.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I think that these parents are not guilty of exposing the truth about Easter and bunnies, I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

No ....that's what people are doing by indoctrinating their children into a religion and tricking them into believing in things that DONT EXSIST. Do you really not see the irony in what you said?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So these kids do not have the right to be taught about reality. They must be taught all of the essential lies that a child in the modern West needs to hear so that they can swallow all of the other lies that the state has made basically mandatory. The state literally wants them to believe traditional lies. I'm sure the foster parents had no problem teaching them whatever religion they follow.

I am not the kind of person who believes that children need to hear all of this fantasy bull# that the majority of the worlds population seems to find so important to teach them.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Nobody gives a snip about any of that. It's something fun to do with the kids that caters to their vibrant imaginations. We aren't raising Spartans here for crying out loud.

I totally get that side of it all, however imagination does not require belief. Did J.K.Rowling believe Harry Potter is real? Does she try to convince kids that Harry Potter is a real person? Or did she just create a story that has captured the imagination of kids around the world whether or not it has any base in reality?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Don't know why you'd take that moment away from children.
But I think it's excessive to punish the parents for it.

This is backwards all across the board.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's got to be more to this story.

There usually is.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Normally I'd agree, but they're not parents, not adopted parents, they're FOSTER parents. Most kids in foster homes are there temporarily until their parents comply with whatever requirements prove they're worthy to get them back. They should be providing them a stable home environment WITHOUT trying to change long-held beliefs, religious viewpoints, or political opinions. It's more a matter of respect. Here in Illinois you can get your kids taken away for tons of minor violations. I know a girl who lost her kids because one repeatedly had seizures. The seizures caused bruises. So she lost her child even though the condition was well-documented and she had brought the girl to the hospital every day for a month. She's working to get the girl back right now, and she will (but the girl's condition has deteriorated under foster care). My point is the whole easter bunny/ Santa Claus thing is up to her real parents, or her adopted parents in the future. Her foster parents did overstep their bounds.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Fake News

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh I just wanted to add that if I ever have kids, i don't plan on ever telling them Santa/bunny/tooth fairy are real. I remember how it felt when I found out, like all the adults were liars. I've seen that reaction in kids since then. if the kids fad been taken away from their real parents for that, i'd be outraged.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It's been on the news here and on talk radio quite a bit. I live in Southern Ontario.

From what I know, they are border line fundamentalists, chose to not 'lie' to these children because it's not the truth, yet attempt to indoctrinate the children and teach them of the truth. Yet this 'truth' is very biased towards Christian values only.

Personally, there is only one time a person gets to live a magical life, and that's when they are a kid, why take away that innocents and oblivious life away from someone?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Anthropomorphic bunny doling out seasonal treats and small gifts, versus an ancient zombie.

Yeah, this is a toughie to choose between to BS kids with, ain't it?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There's got to be more to this story.

There usually is.

Agreed. I sincerely doubt they were taken away for that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join