It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential tax returns: It started with Republicans and it will end with Republicans.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
a reply to: Stevemagegod

It 100% is the business of votes to see them. We have a right to know in full detail who we are electing. Your cheap deflection to excuse Trump are wearing thin.

Then perhaps you should get a law pushed through that forces elected officials to show them. Until then, nope it's none of your business.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This snowflakery over Trump's tax returns is meaningless.

Most leftists simply don't understand how people like Trump operate under the law. There is a big difference between his personal returns and the corporate filings of Trump International. I can guarantee you there is NOTHING even remotely “off” about anything in Trump’s taxes and I can tell you exactly why…

As a few of you know, I am in land development. Because I have to deal with banks on a regular basis, I have to be a Boy Scout. I cannot mess around with the filings for my LLC or my personal returns. Everything has to be squeaky-clean. The second you’re identified as an even remotely questionable prospect – BOOM!, you’re done.

Because I have to maintain a certain level of net worth (in my LLC) to qualify for construction financing, I actually live on relatively little. I own my property and vehicles outright, which helps. I pay myself a relatively modest salary compared to the income of my LLC. I pay myself exactly what I need to live on and the remaining profit of my LLC goes back into the company, or more often is re-invested in raw land.

So, someone who looks at my personal income tax isn’t going to have any real idea of my overall income, active and passive assets, or my net worth. They are going to know that I have a couple retirement accounts, I deduct property tax on the farm that is my personal home, take standard personal deductions, and get a W-2 (sometimes 1099) from my LLC that comprises the majority of my personal income.

On a much larger and more complicated scale of course, I’m absolutely certain that’s how Trump structures his taxes. He likely takes a personal income that is exactly as much as he needs to pay his personal bills. In his case, that might be $100 million of course, LMAO! But unless he files as a Sole Proprietor, which I know he does not, you are not going to get any real idea of his overall income and assets from his personal returns.

If “the Russians” paid him to take down Bill Clinton’s wife, there isn’t going to be some Schedule C attached to his 1040 detailing that…

The Left have failed miserably (as usual) to lay a glove on Trump for anything. This tax return issue will just be one more example of that.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: fencesitter85

His taxes are closely linked to his businesses and how they operate. If they are released to the public, his competitors can figure out how to out compete his businesses and that is a red line. He will never release his taxes to the public and you can guarantee that.

But they will be stolen like they have been twice already.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey! we never saw Obama's birth certificate.... and nobody cares, why ???????

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

What was released was tax rate and total income. It didn't reveal anything else. Competitors cannot use that information. Only if the entire 10,000+ pages are released to the public can competitors look through them and figure out ways to out compete Trump family.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join