It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential tax returns: It started with Republicans and it will end with Republicans.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I could care less about seeing Obama, Clinton, or any Future Democrat or Republican candidates tax returns. It aint my Business nor your Business to see them. It aint National Security Before you become President or after.

Protesters around country call for Trump to release tax returns

Besides we have already seen his Tax Returns twice. I don't know about you guys but I will never see $38 mill in my Lifetime.

And besides the ignorance in this video is ridiculous. "I will fight every day until he is impeached". Besides Republicans didn't start trying till at least 2010 to impeach Obama. We at least gave him a chance. Democrats have been trying to get Trump impeached since Day 1. So they have 0 credibility.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Got to wonder why people are protesting for Trump's tax returns.

The real protests should be against taxes to begin with, along with all the mis-managment that goes with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why do you think Trump is refusing to release his tax returns? Why does Trump claim to be the most transparent president ever yet won't release his tax returns and decided to make the visitor's list private? That's not very transparent of him.

Imagine if Hillary had not released her tax returns if she had won, Trump supporters would be all over it saying she is trying to hide something.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

There's more to it than that in Trump's case.

The Left cannot come to terms with the fact that not only did they get absolutely nothing from the failed Obama presidency, they guaranteed everyone that Bill Clinton's wife would win in 2016.

Fast-forward to today... Trump is president, the House and Senate are firmly in GOP hands, the Supreme Court is about to be turned into a 7 - 2 conservative majority for the next 25 years, and Trump is in the process of filling more than 100 Federal Judicial seats that will forever shut the Left out of their last avenue of real power -- the Federal Courts.

Most of them haven't figured that last thing out yet, but they will.

So they are desperate for any opening to attack Trump, hence the whining about his tax returns. But there is NOTHING there. If there were, it would have leaked out by now. The IRS is lousy with political appointees.

I can't figure the snowflakes out. Do they think if they can "get" Trump on something that somehow magically Bill Clinton's wife will become president?

It's really getting that ridiculous at this point.
edit on 15-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

edit on 15-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife is involved Pizzagate. Ask Carlos Wiener.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why do you think Trump is refusing to release his tax returns?

He's waiting for Lois Lerner to review the audits.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
"Protesters around country" sounds like fake news or meaningless political theater to distract people for anything really important.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Spot on... what does a tax return have to do with anything really?! IMO all leaders are the same, they'll make deals for friends, argue amongst themselves and send us commoners to die in their names

Every recent president (and prime minister because I'm British. and most world leaders actually) needed impeaching, jailing and maybe even deserve the death sentence. Crimes against humanity, against the people of their own country and other countries. The lengths they go to to stop us realising we are one people on one world, they get more and more extreme. They play us against each other and it will never stop until the common man says "NO, I will not kill in your name, I will not drop that bomb and I will not hold an entire race of people responsible for the actions of a few"

On the other hand some people love it, the whole us vs them thing. the world is an effed up place.

Sorry about the rant but I think it helps to show how petty these tax return nuts actually are, like seriously, they think a million dollars here or there would make some sort of difference? It's all just Monopoly money anyway

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Why do you think Trump is refusing to release his tax returns? Why does Trump claim to be the most transparent president ever yet won't release his tax returns and decided to make the visitor's list private? That's not very transparent of him.

Imagine if Hillary had not released her tax returns if she had won, Trump supporters would be all over it saying she is trying to hide something.

This thing called Privacy Laws.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

This thing called Privacy Laws.

Nice try.

There's nothing that says a person can't release their own tax information.

It's not necessarily a good idea when one is under audit, and a number of lawyers have backed Trump up on that front. But to claim he can't release his own information due to privacy laws is dead in the water.

ETA - you were actually closer, but still wrong, with your pre-edit response of "tax and privacy laws." If Trump disclosed a return while still under audit then that would give the IRS, via tax law, the ability to make the audit process more complicated and convoluted. But, still, nothing in the law barring him from doing so. It's just not a wise decision.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Why do you think Trump is refusing to release his tax returns?

Why would anyone want his tax returns?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Weird... I thought that Obama claimed to be the most transparent president ever.

Which in retrospect is probably true, since anyone with a few brain cells to rub together could see right through him...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just my opinion.......

But doesn't Trump have the same constitutional right to privacy any other citizen does?
Granted he did agree to some public scrutiny by way of being a media personality / political candidate.
Still, I believe his tax returns are none of our business. What's next? His penis size is debated on? Over or under on the TP roll a reason for debate?

Simply put, there are some things that, while not state secrets, are none of anyones' business, and should remain that way.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2
Just my opinion.......

But doesn't Trump have the same constitutional right to privacy any other citizen does?
Granted he did agree to some public scrutiny by way of being a media personality / political candidate.
Still, I believe his tax returns are none of our business. What's next? His penis size is debated on? Over or under on the TP roll a reason for debate?

Simply put, there are some things that, while not state secrets, are none of anyones' business, and should remain that way.

Exactly but they already did debate his Penis Size with the I have some very big hands.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Because the Russian narrative fell through.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: xuenchen

Because the Russian narrative fell through.

Yup. And we all know how much of a Devastating Blow that was to there Egos that in order to keep the Russian Narrative Going they claim Trumps good buddy Putin allowed Trump to have a good night with the Chinese by allowing Assad to use Chemical Weapons that Putin's even better buddy Obama promised him he could take care of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Double standards when it comes to Republicans. It's OK to look the other way or defend their lack of transparency when their party is in power. If a democrat didn't release their tax returns or didn't want to release their visitor's list, they would be calling for their head on a platter. The guy even has his own family members being advisors! Republicans would be out for blood.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

It 100% is the business of votes to see them. We have a right to know in full detail who we are electing. Your cheap deflection to excuse Trump are wearing thin.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because he's stubborn and refuses to be bullied by morons.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, the cult are in full denial mode today I see.

Bottom line: he claims to be transparent. He is not. If he has nothing to hide then the simple answer is to release them and put it to bed. Simple. Cry all you like but you'd have kicked off if Obama took this approach. Guaranteed.

Tick tock. Baa.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

His taxes are closely linked to his businesses and how they operate. If they are released to the public, his competitors can figure out how to out compete his businesses and that is a red line. He will never release his taxes to the public and you can guarantee that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join