It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the DUMBEST Member of Congress?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: SBMcG

Hank Johnson's concern that troops in Guam could "tip the island over," demonstrating that the man believes islands are nature's rafts, is still one of the most profoundly stupid statements anyone in any public leadership role has ever voiced.

Honestly -- not trying to make excuses for Representative Johnson, but he was clearly impaired (alcohol?) when he said that.

Still, unbelievably dumb!

I've been far more "impaired" and never have I thought an island would tip over.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This guy is a runner up:

Guam will Capsize and Tip Over into the ocean Hank Johnson

Here is another
A federal jury convicted a former Louisiana congressman Wednesday of taking bribes on 11 of 16 counts in a case in which agents found $90,000 in his freezer.

edit on 15-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
well there is that guy that said something along the lines of even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons

You mean Chris Mathews ?

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Hank Johnson's concern that troops in Guam could "tip the island over," demonstrating that the man believes islands are nature's rafts, is still one of the most profoundly stupid statements anyone in any public leadership role has ever voiced.

Yep!

What's worse is that people who claim to be educated support these idiots?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Dumb and Dumber 3:

Starring:

Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters

Produced by:

U.S. Government

Directed by:

Deep State

(cameo appearance- John McCain)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That's a trick question in Germany. You don't need any qualification at all it seems. The attendance rate in our Bundestag is at roughly 10%. The rest is just on vacation or "busy". If you have the chance to go into politics just do it. If it's anything like Germany you will be set for life with the diets.

To answer your question @OP. I started to follow american politics closely since the Trump election and Grandma Death herself Pelosi said some pretty dumb sh!t. However the Leprechaun took the cake after i watched the highlights of the debates.

Btw Merkel got famous for all the wrong reasons when she stated on live tv no less. Das Internet ist für uns alle noch Neuland roughly translated into The internet is still new territory for all of us.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hurricane naming

Jackson Lee complained in 2003 that storm names were too white. "All racial groups should be represented," she said, and asked officials to "try to be inclusive of African-American names."

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Merkle is an asshole. She should be tossed in prison for what she's done to her own people.

I have no respect for assholes..

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Look there's no excuse for your representatives to be so dumb but there is no ways you guys could beat our President Jacob Zuma and basically 2/3rds of our parliament, a quick Google search will confirm to you all the idiocy that is South African politics

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: crazyewok
Nacy pelosi, michele bachmann, Sarah palin......wow so many to choose from hell! Hell it seems being a retard is a requirement to be in American politics!

There is a reason us Brits tease you Americans for being dumb as because the representatives you elect tend to be classs A dip#s! Derp derp America!

I do not think that the US has cornered the market on stupid politicians. I would challenge all who read this to list the dumbest reps in their respective countries and provide evidence. While the US may have a lead, at present, I have every faith that other countries will soon be challenging the US lead.

It seems impossible because US is leading everywhere, at every moment!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Bradley Byrne, Al. (R)

Bucked Senator Sessions.

Has irrational fear of firearms in the hands of the people.

Probably wont be around next term.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

hm.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

Nacy pelosi, michele bachmann, Sarah palin......wow so many to choose from hell! Hell it seems being a retard is a requirement to be in American politics!

There is a reason us Brits tease you Americans for being dumb as because the representatives you elect tend to be classs A dip#s! Derp derp America!

I do not think that the US has cornered the market on stupid politicians. I would challenge all who read this to list the dumbest reps in their respective countries and provide evidence. While the US may have a lead, at present, I have every faith that other countries will soon be challenging the US lead.

Merkel begs to differ. She let roughly 1 million refugees in without vetting a single one of them. If that's not retarded then i don't know what is. She and our MSM apparently dosen't know the difference between women and children and males in there 20s. The german MSM published pictures of the poor refugees and titled it look at all the women and children. Someone f#cked up and they showed a picture of 100s of young males.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What does that speaks for the country that elected those dumb Congress members...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

We have Sarah Palin in reserve should we fall behind.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Can I vote for Pelosi more than once?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Living near the Houston area I've seen how useless Sheila Jackson Lee was on Houston City council. She was voted in only because of her race in my opinion.

I can't believe the following but it's true.

Prior to the 110th Congress, Jackson Lee served on the House Science Committee and on the Subcommittee that oversees space policy and NASA
Per Wikipedia.

She is also the meanest person in Congress

In 2011 she was reported to have one of the highest staff turnovers in Congress and to be one of the worst bosses. The Huffington Post and Houston Chronicle reported that she had gone through 11 chiefs of staff in 11 years.[17][18] In 2011 she was named as one of the "worst bosses in Washington" by The Daily Caller.[19] The Huffington Post stated that "Jackson Lee regularly appears on Washingtonian magazine's list of the “Best and Worst of Congress” as the “meanest” member of House of Representatives."[17][20] That reputation as the worst boss on Capitol Hill continued; in 2012 Washingtonian again listed her as the meanest member of the House,[21] a report in 2013 concluded that "the veteran Texas Democrat had the highest turnover rate for all of Congress over the past decade."[22]

I could go on but that's enough for now.

edit on 4 15 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 15 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

We have Sarah Palin in reserve should we fall behind.

That was really funny.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I agree with that, but what our UK friends often fail to recognize is that this massive country varies in culture and demographics from region to region. There are some Congressional Districts out there that are definitely not representative of the overall demographics of the US.

Take Sheila Jackson Lee's TX-18. The residents of that hilariously gerrymandered district (look at a map) are 40% black, 40% Hispanic, and about 17% White. The college graduation rate is 50% lower than the national average. The median housing value is half the national average. The median income is 35% lower than national average.

You get the point. You can call me racist or elitist or whatever, but there's NO WAY a Sheila Jackson Lee gets elected in a district like mine (WA-2) where it's 90% White, well above the national college grad rate, etc...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: SBMcG

Honestly -- not trying to make excuses for Representative Johnson, but he was clearly impaired (alcohol?) when he said that.

Still, unbelievably dumb!

I've been far more "impaired" and never have I thought an island would tip over.

I know. That was one of those posts that I would take back if I could. There's no excuse for that kind of stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join