It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Known Movie Gems

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
City of Ember
The Missouri Breaks
Charlie Wilson's War
October Sky
To Kill A Mockingbird
Who is Cletus Tout?

All of the above are lesser known gems, imo, of my favorite movies.

Oh yeah, and Hombre

I have to agree on Hombre and The Missouri Breaks.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Classic.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: karl 12

Classic.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Y'know, I really like Daniel Day-Lewis. Don't EVEN want to know what crap he went through to get his hyphenated name.

I am aMAZed that the same actor who was the Butcher in Gangs of New York perfectly captured Abraham Lincoln in Lincoln.

Lincoln is not a 'little known movie', and yet I feel the need to mention it here, because virtually everyone I've talked to about this movie haven't seen it. They know about it, but haven't seen it.

With a stellar performance by Tommy Lee Jones, this movie is a-frickin-mazing. It really underlines all the myriad of nuances that were present at the time of the vote to ratify the Constitution to abolish slavery.

Amazing movie. Worth a watch, and a rewatch and another, just to catch all the quirks.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How about Leap of Faith?

For me, this is a true gem.

And semi-retro: Quest for Fire.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Here's an example of a movie I very much enjoyed but that you may not have heard about:
Drained
This is a Brazilian movie and so, if you don't speak Portuguese, then you'll need to read subtitles. It is a farcical movie about obsession. It is brilliantly written and has great acting. It also is quintessentially Brazilian. If you are open minded and in a silly mood, this is a 5 star gem.

Wow. Will be thinking about this one for a while.

Two things stood out for me.

The first being how easy it is to become addicted to s**t, and how assess will always be our downfall, metaphorically speaking.

Second, I have that same music box and it was given to me by my mother.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Great movie isn't it?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I am still thinking about it because after putting all the pieces of the puzzle together I realize that I still have some missing pieces.

I am sure they are laying around somewhere, I just have to find them.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
I watched quite a few recently that I think is worth sharing, the dominant theme is suicide:

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Could list loads of movies here (have some very strange tastes) but to start with, how about:

The White Balloon - Basically, it is about a little Iranian girl that wants a goldfish and isn't allowed to buy one.....so starts on the age old child tactic of constant nagging. It sounds boring AF but completely sucked me in. An absolute hidden gem of a film.

La Haine - not exacly a hidden gem but who doesn't love some moody black and white cinematography, french, and violence raging against the machine?

Twin Town - such a very wrong film which makes it all the better. Drugs, violence, beheading poodles - need i say anymore?
edit on 13-5-2017 by Flavian because: missing word

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you like anthropology with some accuracy, plus incredible storytelling check out Ten Canoes and Dead Heart about aboriginal Australia.

Also check out How Tasty my little Frenchman about Native American Brazil.

Some of the movies are so historically accurate that the contain tribal nudity, so I can't say much more, but Ten Canoes really touched me.
www.imdb.com...

edit on 13-5-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join