It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man found a way to destroy the halal food industry!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Depending on the religious interpretation, it would only de-certify them if the bacon fat touched the actual product. And according to the Qur'an, that still wouldn't count because of this passage (Surah 2:173) which makes it a sin only under certain conditions:

Sahih International translation
He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Muhsin Khan translation
He has forbidden you only the Maytatah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity without willful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Pickthall translation
He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swineflesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Yusuf Ali translation
He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.

Of course, many denominations and sects follow much stricter rules than this, particularly from the Kosher rules. So this would probably still de-certify the products for them.

Nevertheless, he should still be legally punished for intentionally damaging the store's products. And the store should probably dump the products and charge him for damaging their products. From that perspective, it's no different than somebody putting puppy meat on bacon packages in the store or covering various boxes of cereals with rat meat. The product would now be tainted from a business perspective and the idiot who did it would be held responsible.

edit on 15-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: added link to Qur'anic verse

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Many do not know just how much pig DNA humans carry in their genes Especially those in the West that is why pig organs are used not monkeys

That being said with 50 % Bannana dna in our genes it is a wonder someone is not protesting in the fruit isle

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

Maybe he is pissed of his local Subway quit serving bacon?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think that Tim Minchin's Peace anthem for Palestine deserves a plug here as it centers on the dietary differences that keep people apart.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can't believe how the PC crowd get off picking on a "Bogan" for his belief system ? than man with the tattoo's belongs to a specific lineage of indigenous Convict who believe it is their right to make light of everything and not get so uptight and offended by the smallest and trivialest of things. Yes the Aussie Bogan is a real thing and the City just to the north of me is known as the Bogan Capital of the world ( Rockingham ) where tens of thousand's of "Engine Revving" and "Burnt Out" kings reside and peddle their wares.

Make light of them and watch them rise up and paint your street black with the rubber from their wheels !

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Please remind me how people cook lobsters again? And how people eat octopus when it's still alive? And how Halibut are beaten to death after being caught? And by the way, what's veal? In fact, have you ever looked into the abuses inflicted in slaughterhouses of non-Halal meats? Where did the phrase "running around like a chicken with its head cut off" come from (hint: look at how chickens are often killed)? And have you seen how they kill horses, with the metal rod through the head which paralyzes but doesn't immediately kill it?

In fact, let's forget the way people kill animals for food. What about the way people kill all animals which are considered non-worthy (aka "pests")? I don't see any outrage over how mice, rats, snakes, moles, or voles are routinely slaughtered. You know that glue traps can break the bones of the trapped but still living animal, right? And people still get licenses to hunt animals for sport, some even using bow & arrows, traps (like the cruel bear traps), and worse. Ever see what happens when a fishing hook tears through a fish's side or eye?

It's ridiculous to complain about the way animals are killed for food because virtually every way is harmful to the animal (which is the point; you're killing it, not giving it first aid). Approved Halal methods are meant to cause the least pain to the animal and reduce the amount of time spent suffering for the animal. That's why most animals get their throats slit and are allowed to bleed out, since it's very fast and the animal typically goes unconscious after a few minutes. But just like with every other approved method for slaughtering animals, there will always be some people who simply don't care about their jobs or their religious obligations.

So if you're really so concerned with animal cruelty, then don't kill any pests and don't eat any meats. Those are some of the reasons why I went vegetarian, so it's not hard to do.
edit on 15-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So if you're really so concerned with animal cruelty, then don't kill any pests and don't eat any meats. Those are some of the reasons why I went vegetarian, so it's not hard to do.

It seems like a rather inane criticism of halal to mention animal cruelty.

I don't concern myself with the thoughts of a chicken as it is killed or the cow when it is slaughtered. I only care about the food it provides.

Personally I don't understand the criticism of halal or kosher dietary religious laws. Even Christians have the same or similar dietary laws, they are just widely ignored.

Generally speaking there are many, many legitimate areas of criticism for Islam and all other religions. Dietary practices, I believe, are not even in the ball park.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

My gad why is this world so filled with fkwiths???

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree w/pretty much everything you said except that I also care about the chicken & cow's thoughts before dying because I'm a bleeding heart, tree hugging, libtard.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I was at a gun show maybe 3 years ago, and there was a booth that was selling rounds they had pressed themselves that had bacon grease mixed in with the lead. The salesman was happily describing how it would foul a Muslim terrorists body and damn him in the afterlife. I'm not religious at all, but that sickened me.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InspectorGadget13

Just for the record, it wouldn't foul a Muslim's body anyway. The passage I posted above is one of the few times the Qur'an even mentions our food restrictions, with literally none of them condemning us to damnation in the Afterlife. In fact, the Qur'an has too many instances to list which plainly state that our place in the Afterlife will be determined by our actions and inactions (and by the mercy of God Himself).

In short, those products were just a marketing trick meant to lure in bigoted consumers who are ignorant of Islam's teachings. So no need to be sickened by it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The only thing i would say about this is that putting raw meat on a package that is still on the store shelf is kinda gross, but also couldn't that run the risk of causing a sickness if left for any length of time, e-coli or something like that, i dunno but with how litigious our society is i wouldn't risk it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I guess just seeing blind deep hate firsthand, or at least the blunt implication of it, and the fact that it was a real sales tactic to a whole demographic of people with real hate in their heart was sickening. I hadn't really seen bigotry like that in person before, so I was definitely taken aback by it.
edit on 16-4-2017 by InspectorGadget13 because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I agree w/pretty much everything you said except that I also care about the chicken & cow's thoughts before dying because I'm a bleeding heart, tree hugging, libtard.

Until they hit the grill that is.

I don't believe we should be cruel.

But let's be honest here, cruelty has many levels. What the difference between caging an animal before slaughter and letting them run around a pen before slaughter?

Not much.
edit on 16 4 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

There's actually a very large difference. Raising animals open range is the best because it basically lets them live normal lives before their quick slaughter for meat. I don't really like pens, but some animals are homebodies anyway (meaning they don't normally stray far from their nests, like rabbits). So a large & clean pen for them with plenty of food & water is still good enough.

But cages are ridiculous. Some are barely any bigger than the animal's adult body (specifically some pig & chicken cages). Some of the cages for hens (for their eggs) are literally small cubes with a hole in the bottom. This allows the newly laid egg to roll out onto an open tube and be easily harvested. I guess it would be like the difference in a human prisoner being able to roam and forage on 1 acre of land, compared to being forced in a tiny prison cell.

And seeing as animals have emotions too, that's where a lot of the other outrage comes in. For example, pigs are generally judged to be smarter than dogs. And cows can feel anxiety. And anyone who's been around chickens, goats, and other animals like that can tell you that they have their own personalities just like any sort of pet. So if people act morally outraged by that kind of treatment to dogs or cats, then they should be even more outraged by that treatment to pigs & these other animals.

Then again, I'm a vegetarian lol. I made that decision for a multitude of reasons, but the largest reason was the phrase "All life is precious". It came to me during one of my personal religious epiphanies and I started realizing that I simply don't need to eat flesh anymore. I'm blessed to live in a time where meat is optional, with every necessary nutrient, vitamin, and mineral being cheaply available without harming animals.

ETA: The cages for pigs are called "Gestation Crates". Just google that and you'll see what I mean. A google image search will get the point across even better.
edit on 16-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You do know that certain jewish sects have a simmilar diet like hallal right?

Wheres the outrage?

Why would we be outraged this guy outed himself as a douche? The only outrageous thing here is the destruction of good bacon.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen
That has more truth in it than you realize.
Google the Sepoy rebellion in India. Thousands were killed because one of the major reasons was that the ammunition the Sepoy soldiers used were lubricated with either beef fat or pork fat.
Being as the Sepoys were either Hindu or Muslim it offended both sets.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
does everyone know how halal animals are killed?

yeah, before you attack this guy, make sure you watch at least one video or detailed explanation.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It doesn't matter to me. I don't ask a pig how it feels about being eaten anymore than a wild animal would care about my feelings.

Of course all life is precious. So are plants. You must really hate plants. So do I. Therefore I eat plenty of veggies...those green bastards.

edit on 16 4 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
All this storm in a tea cup aside...the only reason the "Middle Eastern" religion's have outlawed the eating of Pork Products is based purely on shortages, the Immans and Rabbi's wanted all the pig meat for themselves so they banned their followers from eating it.

You know pigs don't grow too well in the Desert.

<< 1    3 >>

join