It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaiah scroll found 70 yrs ago in Qumram confirms Christ Prophecy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers

In 1947 beduins of the Judea dessert found preserved in clay jars inside a cave what is considered the greatest Biblical archaelogical finding ever.

It was the eldest collection of pergamine copies of the Old testament books existing, that were transcripts by a monastic Jewish community called the Essenians.

In that precious finding was the book Isaiah complete containing the following prophecy:

Isaiah 52,

The Suffering and Glory of the Servant
13 See, my servant will act wisely;
he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.
14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—
15 so he will sprinkle many nations,
and kings will shut their mouths because of him.
For what they were not told, they will see,
and what they have not heard, they will understand.

53:

Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied;
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Written in Aramaic it is the oldest complete copy of the Book of Isaiah known, being 1100 years older than the Leningrad Codex, and the most complete scroll out of the 220 found at Qumran.

Please check
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Fragments of this Scroll have been carbon-14 dated at least four times, giving calibrated date ranges between 335-324 BC and 202-107 BC.

The scroll ,written on 17 sheets of parchment, It is avout 24 feet (730 cm) long and 11 inches (28 cm) high, containing 54 columns of text.

By 1947 the scrolls were in possession of an antiquity dealer of Jerusalem called Kando, he contacted the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan of Jerusalem who bought four of them including this Isaiah one.

Please check
en.m.wikipedia.org...

That year the Religious leader was forced to relocate to the USA when the British mandate on Palestine ended.

The scroll was sold here in United States in 1954 by the Syrian Orthodox Metropolitan Jeshua Samuel to an Israelian Archaelogist Yigael Yadin for $250000, who brought it back to Jerusalem.

Please check:

en.m.wikipedia.orgn...

The thread is open to the discussion of this outstanding discovery that provided hard evidence of a prophecy that preexisted Jesus Christ extremy detailed about his passion and death.

Scholars believe Isaiah wrote his original probably at the beginning of the captivity in Babylonia about the eight century BC.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 4/15/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Does this really have any relevance to today's society? Goat herders and people who thought the earth was flat do not have any special knowledge when it comes to religion.

"he will divide the spoils with the strong" sounds pretty belligerent and war mongering. I thought Christianity was a religion of peace. I guess not.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"confirms" and "prophesy" are not compatible words for use together in a sentence.

I prophesied the other day when I ate some Popeye's chicken that I was going to have a rough morning. That's about the extent and worth of prophesy.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I sort of agree with you... had to point out that somehow even today some people still think the earth is flat..

As far as the op, I find it awfully intriguing.

If could easily be just he wishful thinking or an oppressed writer, or it could be a legit prophecy.

As with most things, I'm on the fence. But it is interesting..
To me being a Christian doesn't necessarily have to include taking Christ as a literal figure with perfect dates and history book.
I know that's mighty blasphemous, but waddya do?

Real or not, his words hold truth. Why let pesky things like facts get in the way of sound personal philosophy?

Thanks for posting.

a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Well, I don't need to prophesy that you have already made a horrendous ridicule trying to call attention with such a cheap comment.

The scroll preceded in four centuries the date of the execution of Jeshua Bar Joseph ordered by the Roman Procurator Poncius Pilates.

Everything certified with C14 dating by the way.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

An interesting find , since tomorrow is Easter.....also three naysayers have to start your thread out negatively.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

"he will divide the spoils with the strong" sounds pretty belligerent and war mongering. I thought Christianity was a religion of peace. I guess not.

The Old Testament (which is were Isiah sits) is pretty bloodthirsty. The New Testament (which is what informs Christianity) brought the change of emphasis towards... I won't exactly say peace, but more tolerance.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The DS scrolls were a incredible find .Not only for comparisons to our present day text but for second temple literature with what they were expecting and doing .One of our biggest issues today is getting back to the context in which it was written instead of imposing a 21st century context to it . Great thread and I will drop a Mike Heiser podcast on how we got the OT to add more context .

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
First of all, Oustanding post TAoL !!!

Now, not to get too far off topic, but being a old investigator, do you realize the amount of effort that was used to suppress these documents when it was first scientifically proven they were valid ?

IMO it is one of the greatest spy stories that has never been told.

The fact that several of the largest democratic governments in the world did everything in their power ( thru their intelligence services ) to prohibit this information from being disseminated to the general population speaks for itself.

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

The fact that several of the largest democratic governments in the world did everything in their power ( thru their intelligence services ) to prohibit this information from being disseminated to the general population speaks for itself.
Do you have a link to the story ? ... I am looking for some interesting reading now that the Trump turmoil is subsiding

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

www.ancientresource.com...

Rennes-le-Château was part of Septimania in the 6th and 7th centuries. It has been claimed that it was once an important Visigothic town with some 30,000 people living in the city in around 500-600 AD. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rennes-le-Ch%C3%A2teau

(Cross of Hendaye)
1. 33000 B.C. to 10000 B.C. Constellation Belt is Established
2. 2000 B.C. ... 4000 Years God begins to disturb the Constellation's Belt (September - 33 Days)
3. 0 B.C. ... 2000 Years Later close to Jesus Birth (illustrating the principle of Interval) (September - 33 Days)
4. 2000 A.D. ... 33 Days beginning in September, God completes the disturbance of the Constellation's Belt

1. Tower of Babel
2. Angels Ascending and Descending with Jacob
3. Dove Ascending and Descending with Jesus
4. Holy Temple Ascending and Descending in Revelation

(the last pharoah God identified with (past and present)
1. Vietnam (Nguyen Van Lem) (Helicopter)
2. 9/11/2001 (Falling Man) (Airplane)
3. Black Knight Satellite (Ensign of Nations (Isaiah)
4. Nuclear Submarines (Dispute with Antichrist Authority)

400 Year Intervals are Implied in the description, beginning with*

Comet of 1532 observed by Apian galileo.rice.edu...

Unlike any other country, China is the only place where astronomical observations took place uninterrupted for 4000 years and this surveillance led to many important astronomical discoveries. The Atlas dates from around 185 BC, and is now held at the Hunan Provincial Museum. It depicts a variety of comet formations that demonstrate careful observations made over several centuries earlier, including astronomical phenomena such as ‘cloud vapour divinations’ and ‘star divinations’ which would have aided the prediction of victory or defeat in battle ... ... ... ... The first star catalogues may have been produced during the Warring States period (475–221 BC) idp.bl.uk/4DCGI/education/astronomy/history.html

400 B.C. Zacharias the Prophet (A Description of Jesus)
0 B.C. Jesus
400 A.D. Constantines's Vision of Judas the Apostle Ascending to Heaven
800 A.D. Rennes-le-Château
1200 A.D. Crusades
1600 A.D. Roanoke Colony
2000 A.D. (Euthanasia in City of Philadelphia is illustrated according to Revelation)

(God identified with the Constellation's Belt with Apian's Comet close to Nostradamu's Death, matching a sequence recorded by the Chinese in 400 B.C., matching 400 Year Intervals for this Activity paralleling 2000 Year Divisions)

100 Year Interval Before the Birth of Christ, and before the Cosmic Shift from Fatima's Prophecy

"Isaiah Scrol" - giving calibrated date ranges between 335-324 BC and 202-107 BC; there have also been numerous paleographic and scribal dating studies placing the scroll around 150-100 BC. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_scroll

100 Year Interval surrounding the Body of Jesus, past and present.

Cause of the 100-year Maya "dark age" has been a mystery — until now
newsela.com...

The paintings and text date back to the year 800—a remarkable five centuries earlier than the oldest known Mayan hieroglyphic books, the Mayan Codices of the 15th century.

Most intriguingly for modern-day doomsday prophets, the scribblings include four long numbers that represent multiples of set units of time using the Mayan calendar. In one column, time stretches reach 7,000 years into the future. Bingo! The apocalypse myth, says Stuart, is that the Mayan calendar shows the world ending after 13 periods, or 5,000 years, also called baktun. thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/10/new-mayan-discovery-the-world-isn-t-ending.html

33000 B.C. to 10000 B.C. then 7000 Years to Homosapien in 3000 B.C. or Mayan Calendar Creation Date. Then after 5000 Years 33 Days Begins, the Pattern goes full circle (with the figure of 33) (800 A.D. falls in the 400 year Interval)

(It depends on how God empowers the Antichrist, he does not have to kill, he can simply teleport those kinds of people out of his space relative to the authorities. Killing is something you have to do. Furthermore, the Antichrist can guarantee a missile hits, based on how God empowers the Antichrist, so he does not have to kill directly. First get rid of their countries and population centers, then deal with the mixed populations, there is 7 years, so the Antichrist can stand in your way when your unclean based on what God allows, but you can probably get under his radar. We'll just have to see what is necessary, allowing their kinds to live or me touching them with God's Mercies in anyway, means they will have to die immediately so keep that in mind also (based on god's illustrations in our nightly walks + years of INRI with the ethnics) (Public Parks, then relative to that if the threat chooses to kill relative to my activities, is best answer, for what God wants + god's other mercies, but dealing with the public and authorities specifically)
edit on 15-4-2017 by tbchugs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing Angel of the light, amazing find and just confirms what we all should know and believe

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: watchitburn

Well, I don't need to prophesy that you have already made a horrendous ridicule trying to call attention with such a cheap comment.

The scroll preceded in four centuries the date of the execution of Jeshua Bar Joseph ordered by the Roman Procurator Poncius Pilates.

Everything certified with C14 dating by the way.

The Angel of Lightness

Whoever the fool was that got executed, he accomplished zero and zilch, this should be a red flag but somehow it is a rallying cry.....

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5en5ei
Thank you for sharing Angel of the light, amazing find and just confirms what we all should know and believe

What should we know and believe ?

It is the New Testament that is known to be full of misdirection and fake news lol.

2000 years later and still the hopeful believe the revealing is right around the corner, well it had better be.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

It might seem funny to you when a man surrenders himself to a higher power believing in grace and salvation for all but hey what's the worst that could? I become a man striving to be honest, righteous and good, if I'm right in what I believe I might see heaven if I'm wrong at least my boys had a half decent role model on striving to be honest, righteous and good. What's your future gonna look like if I'm right?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Isaiah's "Suffering Servant" isn't a prophecy. It's an ode/hymn to the Nation of Israel.

edit on 15-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Let us not allow facts to get in the way of religion. I suppose since it calls Jesus horrendously ugly, we ought to edit all of the paintings of him as an ideal man.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 5en5ei

Dear 5en5ei,

You are pretty welcome, only a blind mind can not see the so much meaningful fact that it is evidently proven when that scroll appeared in nice state of preservation in that cave with such remarkable verses..

Now, must we worried about that there is still stuborness present in this world that insist to try to hide the truth with the finger of one squalid hand?

Of course Not, this is not for everybody, the light is never going to be accepted as existing by the blinds of spirit.

Who is in spiritual starvation can not eat something like this without risk an indigestion, it too much food at once.

Must I feel disappointed by the background noise of irrelevant no sense posts?

Of course Not, since no body that deserve to be heard would be wasting his time to deny something that is absurd, precisely their urgency to boycott it is a measure of its Importance.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Dear windword,

No absolutelly, you are wrong, when the Bible wants to refer to the people in general use the proper pronouns, verb inflections and articles.

Biblical writers were not illetarate people unable to grasp correct use of grammar while composing sentences.

It is quite straightforward than the prophet is talking about one single person, and the point becomes undoubtedly clear when he states that such an individual was going to carry the sins of many.

The singular third person HE is one of the most repeated words in those verses, also there are no wounds to count, members to pierce, or face to defigurate in people as plural because there is No anatomy in the configuration of a Nation, as it happen in the body of a single human being.

Israel was never judged as a nation and executed all together, all the genocides of their History were arbitrary actions in which a Trial was never carried out.

The singular third person possesive pronoun HIS is another exhaustively repeated word in those verses.

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away. 
Yet who of his generation protested? 

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Does this really have any relevance to today's society? Goat herders and people who thought the earth was flat do not have any special knowledge when it comes to religion.

1) Yes it is absolutely relevant. Because Western society grew to what it is with a bible in it's hand when it was young (right up until fairly recently actually). The Middle East still very much views the Western nations (USA, United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand et al) as Christian nations. Even though we are pretty much secular these days.

2) Islam is now attempting to overthrow Christian ideology in the west and replace it with it's own version of it. It sees that we have abandoned Christian teachings and very few people will actually and stand to oppose them (Islam). It is completely taking advantage of the spiritual void that exists. Most have abandoned what they view as a boring, dominating 'Thou Shalt not' ideology faith and don't want a bar of it any more (Christianity)

Therefore scriptural evidence is important to the few left who are fighting against this from the Christian camp. For the majority, whom are atheists and agnostics all of this may seem completely outdated and irrelevant, reminiscent of times you bemoan. But by the time you wake up and realise what is actually going on, it will already be too late to stop it.

3) Quotes like the one you mention are pretty standard old testament stuff (Isaiah was written before Jesus was around.) The New Testament has much less war and spoils and much more love another.

edit on 15-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join