It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAKE News almost Starts War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So, basically, Chinese news reported that NK launched a misslie...when, in reality, it should've reported that NK was including a new submarine-launched missle in it's parade.

Did China do this on purpose as a test to see how the US would react?
Or was this just a really stupid mistake by the Chinese news agency?

IMO, it was the former.

Chinese Media Almost Sets Off Military Action With Erroneous North Korea Headline

As expected - and feared - during the annual "Day of the Sun" celebration parade (celebrating the birth of the nation's founder), Bloomberg blasted a headline that Chinese news agency Xinhua reported that North Korea has fired a projectile.

NORTH KOREA FIRES PROJECTILE, MEDIA SAYS: XINHUA

On its website, Bloomberg immediately picked up the story, and ran with "North Korea Fires Projectile Media, Says Xinhua" (at a url which still reads: "https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-15/north-korea-fires-projectile-media-says-xinhua")

However, it appears that the headline scanning algos made a collosal error, and that Xinhua interpreted events quite incorrectly as it was, as CBC and Reuters reports, the appearance of a new submarine-launched missile at the parade for the first time:

NORTH KOREA SUBMARINE-LAUNCHED BALLISTIC MISSILE SEEN AT MILITARY PARADE FOR FIRST TIME: RTRS

North Korea displayed its submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBM) for the first time on Saturday ahead of a massive military parade in the capital, Pyongyang.

Immediately after, Xinhua - and Bloomberg - rushed to issue a clarification to avoid what may be a military confrontation.

XINHUA CLARIFIES HEADLINE ON NORTH KOREAN MISSILE
N.KOREA DISPLAYS BALLISTIC MISSILE AT MILITARY PARADE: XINHUA

And that's how World War 3 almost occurred.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The American people want war. It's not our politicians.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I would expect the US Command to rely on their own inteligence rather then news channel.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

THIS (Fake News) was all China's doing.

Thank goodness the US Military doesn't take Chinese propaganda seriously.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The US would rely on information from their assets in the region not press reports so I don't think a press report would start the war.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

IMO you're wrong, if a referendum was held tomorrow I believe that the vast majority of citizens would not want war either in Syria, Iraq, Iran or with any other country - despite the best efforts of political warpigs and media propaganda outlets beating the war drums.

Why exist at all if your money and labor are simply enabling endless wars whilst the TV's try to tell you how pretty you can look if you just buy 'this' ?

Have you seen the defense budget(s) in the last decade alone? Americas domestic status would look a lot different today if even 30% of that were allocated back into infrastructure and economic growth - these are the facts.

The Military/Industrial complex is as real as the nose on your face - the CFR, Bilderberg group & trilateral commission are running the show, and they are headed up by banksters - banksters are like super-criminals because they truly are above the laws in place for average Joe.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The Military/Industrial complex is as real as the nose on your face -

And Made in China.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If the people in the US Military are relying on foreign news reports to determine whether or not to press a button, then we need to remove those lunatics from their positions and put in some logical, sane, reasonable humans.

For real....either this is a super hyped sensational story playing on the newfound "fake news" meme, or its displaying how insane the people with fingers on triggers really are.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
America's military knows far more accurate/current info than a Chinese newspaper.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

SOME American people want war. An exceedingly small minority. The US is currently in the midst of a rising isolationist/nationalist tide, which is driven by a lack of desire for war time excursions in favor of tending to our own broken nest.

The "war phase" of Strauss Howe is waning.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Obviously, the US military didn't take the Chinese bait.

I'm sure China was trying to gauge the US's reaction and level of surveillance of the situation.

US passed with flying colors.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I only rely on Sorcha Faal for my news, as well as, "Real Housewives of ATS Members" for social relevance.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Makes me wonder what the US is doing with all those satellites and radar systems if they're relying and local media for information.

edit on 15-4-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

FAKE News almost Starts War

No. No it did not.
That in itself is fake news.

Oh, Zerohedge, the irony, the irony...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There's an SBIRS over the Pacific region that would have detected any launch and sounded an alarm, in addition to airborne assets and radar systems. There is no need to rely on Chinese news reporting a launch.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The US would rely on information from their assets in the region not press reports so I don't think a press report would start the war.

Yep, It's even a stretch to say that China blah blah blah, when the two websites cocked up. Both sites have been criticised in the past for poor fact checking, and XINHUA is banned from Wiki, as is the Dooly Mail, but no surprise there.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yeah. So did the German's after World War 1...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Did China do this on purpose as a test to see how the US would react? Or was this just a really stupid mistake by the Chinese news agency?

well seeing how the chinese media or military used top gun footage once when talking about one of their new fighters. i wouldn't put either one past them.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The wife a drug runner has no problem with the morality of where the money came from. That's just the way it is.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah, that would be true if the US had a president that didn't prefer watching the news to reading intelligence reports.

Trump is an idiot but he's being goaded into this on all sides, he's possibly going to take the fall for some very serious s***.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join