It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dave mustaine.....love him or hate him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

edit on 15-4-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Here here!!!

We don't have to idolize the person to love the music. But when they connect...

Mustaine said Metallica was living off his riffs. He said their next album would be different. The Black album by Metallica was definitely different!!

Mustaine is true rock and roll!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Absolutely love Dave Mustaine! In one vid with him speaking, he seems to have really grown as a person and holds no bad feelings towards his x band mates in Metallica. I also love Kirk.

So even though he got kicked out of Metallica as sad as that was, we now have two great bands.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here are some samples from both Kirk and Dave.
I myself prefer Metallica. Both bands have been through a lot personally. Mustaine is fortunate to still be alive. His competing against Metallica tore the poor man apart for a long time. Metallica had a psychiatrist working with the band for a while because of James for a while. All bands go through their crap. Some make it through and others don't.

edit on 15-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Love Megadeth and Dave Mustaine, have just as many of their albums as I do Metallica, which is a lot of both. Even picked up a Dean Mako Dave Mustaine acoustic-electric guitar. I especially appreciate his song writing as it applies to social issues, both US and world. United Abominations is at the top of my favorite Megadeth album.

c1.zzounds.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Never been a fan of Dave, but gotta give props. He "has" made a career out of playing music (which makes me jealous).
It's hard to put a finger on, whether it's his kinda weird voice, bad hair, the way his lips move, getting the boot from Metallica, or falling short on the music by a band called Megadeath.
The name Megadeath deserves a better band with a harder sound.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

friedman was going places though.
he had been playing with jason becker.

I can imagine that conversation.

Jason: how can you play like that?!

Marty: how can you write like that?!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Food for thought.

If Dave was kicked out of a band for being drunk in a band dubbed the name Alcohollica, you'd think that would raise questions.

I wonder what a certain pair of Texan brothers have to say on it.

I already know Dave wanted Dime to play with him.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Metal wouldn't be what it is today without Dave, and neither would Metallica. Dave wrote much of the material on their first album.

Every member of each band in The Big Four has credited Dave with pioneering and being a legend that they owe a lot to.

Anyone who knows metal doesn't feel bad for Dave, we worship him!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Mustaine.. nuff said.
If you look at my avatar. You'll see his words. Those words have been there since i joined.
I'm happy dave was kicked out of Metallica. I got Megadeth in its place. 😙

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Wellll...
Drugs were a factor in that.. as was the break up during Euthanasia ..
But he owned up and cleaned up.

And started a Vineyard 🤗
mustainevineyards.com...

And Spiders😣
Aphonopelma Davemustainei was recently discovered in Arizona and New Mexico

Read more at www.nme.com...
edit on 16-4-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dave has huge song writing talent. There are a lot of technically sound players out there but almost none of them can write like Mustaine.

Kirk has a different role in Metallica versus the work he would do elsewhere let's say, if he was still with Exodus. I'm not sure what we would be comparing.

If your asking my opinion, Megadeth has the edge as there are a lot more Megadeth songs I like versus the number of Metallica songs I like. But I'm glad both bands exist as we now have twice the number of songs to choose from. Sort of like Accept and UDO.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I like Dave. Much more than Kevin Dubrow from Quiet Riot.

He was a real jerk to his bandmates when he was with Metallica. I recall the breaking point being him kicking a dog or something....but gossip in a metal mag isn't much on truth. LOL, the interviews are dudes talking out their ass to get through the interview and back to whatever they were doing. I remember Iggy Pop used to be just outright rude and confrontational with media.

I think your assertion is right: he's a better guitarist, but doesn't make as good music. A big part of that is his voice is just not metal. But Countdown to Extinction is one of my favorite all time, so there's that.

I think about him quite a bit. Several songs are in circulation in my playlists. I met him once in a property I was working at. Nice guy. Quiet, enjoys his spa day....but a nice guy nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

james kicked mustaines dog

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, sounds just as dumb and redneck today as it did back then.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Been a fan of Megadeth since Rust In Peace. I'm glad Dave was kicked out of Metallica... If it weren't for that, we wouldn't have Megadeth.

Lost interest in Metallica after the Black album. They've been releasing nothing but soft, boring crap ever since. Dave hasn't changed his style of playing much over the years. I like to ponder what Metallica would be like today if Dave wasn't kicked out of the band, and Cliff Burton hadn't died. They'd be playing A LOT heavier and more interesting than they are now, I'll tell you that.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join