It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Oldest text fragment Gospel of Luke 300 B.C. "...He has truly risen!..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
400 years older then known to exist.

Ancient Greek text papyrus fragment called "galien919 Papyrus QUMRAN IV" from Gospel of Luke 24:34 : ...ΟΝΤΩΣ ΗΓΕΡΘΗ... : "...He has truly risen!..." Full Text King James Bible: "Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon"

Specially released now for the Christian Easter feast

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Link?

Kind'a hard to see much through that ugly water-mark.

Would be interesting to see how they came to the conclusion this piece is 300 B.C.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Though you offer no link, I take it you mean A.D. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

hahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahaha....I though I woke up in Bizarro World

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Whoopee. Gospels, the good news. If you like killing and dying young.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I didn't bother to watch the video, with the wink and smile that you have in the OP indicating that this is some kind of joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Why are people's faith so hinged on Christ rising from the dead? It seems to me anyone with real faith would believe in Christ with or without the resurrection.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

As I was taught since a babe, the resurrection is proof that Christians will be resurrected too. The Good News, greek Gospel. That's why they want to force women to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Create another human then send them to Hell with wars, high anxiety, and poverty.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No, I HOPE it is found to be BC. Just to prove the stories about a Christ figure were everywhere in that region long before they were attributed to some dude named Yeshua.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

?

edit on 15-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I didn't bother to watch the video, with the wink and smile that you have in the OP indicating that this is some kind of joke.

Yes its a joke, specially for people that celebrate Easter White Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, I already celebrated Good Friday (most important day of Christianity)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Why are people's faith so hinged on Christ rising from the dead? It seems to me anyone with real faith would believe in Christ with or without the resurrection.

Yes but I thought when God is going to do the 75% depopulation during The Great Tribulation, the whole Bible can be true, right? Why only take (parts of) The Book of Revelations?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

Link?

Kind'a hard to see much through that ugly water-mark.

Would be interesting to see how they came to the conclusion this piece is 300 B.C.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I had to think about your ? for a while. You must not be a trained Christian from birth or you would have gotten it. The training goes like this: The more one suffers and prevails, the greater reward will be in heaven. Don't the muslims have a similar belief? That was old time southern Baptist training. Which, was not a bad thing, really. But since the early 80's when small churches became mega churches then became evangelicals, the training has turned outward from your own sins. Like abortion and birth control, selling their souls for a supreme court position hoping to over turn rights.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I had to think about your ? for a while. You must not be a trained Christian from birth or you would have gotten it. The training goes like this: The more one suffers and prevails, the greater reward will be in heaven.

I have been a Christian since birth, was never taught that, but was told some have that warped thinking.

Cult thinking =/= christianity.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Which cult trained you? The name it and claim it or the Judge it and purge it?

new topics

top topics

join