It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have found a Gap in the "Literature", The thing they are not showing Us!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

As much of a sckeptic as I am, I really believe your on to something here!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

yeah, thats usually one of the first things i to try and look for in a conspiracy,
like "what are they not showing us" and "who is gaining most"

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
First of all, I'd guess that a great majority of "what's out there" on astral projection is merely human story-telling.

However, the parts of the mythos that reflect differing modes of awareness and consciousness are definitely related to the phenomena you mentioned (UFO, ghosts, etc.).

Those who are pointing you toward meditation and/or "sensory deprivation" are assisting your search.

Also consider this or this.

(The second link downloads a PDF to your browser.)

I have found it very useful in the consideration of these phenomena to keep in mind that the human experience is always based on our bifurcated experience ... there is always an objective and subjective component to an experience.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for the links, i will read the journal article when i am more alert, lol.
but different modes of awareness and consciousness was something i was thinking about,
you know like, maybe everyone that has had an "experience" has really had one, but it is
only part of their realities or others who are on the same wave, if that makes any sense,
maybe all this awareness towards aliens is about getting folks on the same wave, a wave
of their making and manipulation!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

dont know how much of that is true or accurate as im saying it off memory, but the thing that made me write this post is when i typed in Movies about astral projection and i only got 5 Hits, with all of them basically portraying it as dangerous and evil, that to me is very telling,

It could be no ones all that interested in Astral Projection so screen writers don't write material, to sell to movie companies.

It could be the topic is still fairly unknown to the general population so it's perceived the money returns wouldn't be worth the chance on a "dud" film.

It could also be you only did a surface skimming of a google search and forgot to keyword-in foreign films about Astral Travel so only got US results. Did you search under other countries Google searches? Say Google India for example?
Did you go back more than 10 pages in your google search to look for older items?

Did you check the different inventories/catalogues of archived older movies?
Just because you didn't find more right off the bat doesn't mean the info isn't out there, it can mean your information gathering was incomplete.

Did you keyword-in Astral Travel/Film shorts?

While not having a bunch of recent releases "may" mean we aren't being "prepped" by TPTB it can also mean it's such a historically known phenomena that it flew under their radar OR that millions of people leaving their bodies ditching our reality was ALREADY achieved thru Consumer Tech. Gaming, Smart Phones, Laptops, Tablets etc....

And for the poster who mentioned Ayahuasca, sigh, it's NOT the same thing at all. Astral Travel is when you leave your body alone and unguided. Using a hallucinogenic generally is part of a ceremony where the spirit of the plant/drug GUIDES you thru other realities or the Astral Plain. TOTALLY DIFFERENT thing. The Plant/Drug is your link, anchor as well as the etheric tether you already have to get you back to here and your body.

Saying that, maybe that's where the idea that regular Astral Travel is dangerous, no guide, no double failsafe and there are reputed to be tons of other astral entities out there you are not prepared to deal with, or have the knowledge to deal with. Plus you don't know where you will end up in just Astral Travel alone with no guide. You leave your body here and vulnerable while you are off joy-jaunting.

Plus theres also the part where you have to have a prior relationship culturally with whatever plant derivative you are using or it won't be a bonafide reliable experience. Sure you'll go "somewhere" and see "whatever" but it's false. Just another drug trip, but NOT traveling to another realm.

YMMV

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I find it useful to consider that an amazing number of these phenomena have some things in common:

They happen when the experiencers are alone or with another person close to them.

They happen at night or at transitional times, and the experiences take on characteristics of dreams, hypnogogic states, hallucinations, etc. (Note I'm pointedly not saying that these are the "only explanation" for the phenomena.)

They happen in "sensory deprived" environments like deep woods, remote areas, basements, attics, abandoned buildings, caves, etc.

(Weakest link) They happen in areas with oddities of geology and/or naturally occurring EM fields.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80Psychic Killer (1975)

edit on 15-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

ive heard they happen in ravines and places that are naturally enclosed too, so sensory deprived sounds right, i see black shapes in the bedroom all the time but i just see that as shadows lights from tv and satellite box in the dark, does look a bit strange but i never get afraid. more curious as to the what ifs.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I wouldn't say sensory deprived so much as the person is in an unfamiliar environment where they are out of their comfort zone, to a degree. Add naturally occurring EMF fields ? We don't know that different entities require the extra EMF or if it's strictly it's effects on us?
Puzzling for sure!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I wouldn't say sensory deprived so much as the person is in an unfamiliar environment where they are out of their comfort zone, to a degree. Add naturally occurring EMF fields ? We don't know that different entities require the extra EMF or if it's strictly it's effects on us?
Puzzling for sure!

Good point, although in my list I'll retain sensory deprivation ... unfamiliar surroundings are an important distinction as well.

There's a lot of different types of EMF fields admittedly. The effects on consciousness/awareness/perception are relatively undocumented. There's a lot of recent work on the EM processes in the brain, as related to consciousness, and also, certain aspects of the brain/consciousness that seem to have quantum characteristics.

At that point, which might relate to consciousness itself existing in whole (or, more likely to me, in part) on a quantum basis, the idea that we might interact with phenomena that are not purely objective ... seems to increase in reasonability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join