It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very simple question that seem to stumped both atheists and evolutionists alike.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Quantum events are uncaused.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: [post=22129842]Idreamofme[/.

The evolution we are taught is bunk! Dinos also couldn't have grown to be the size they are with earth's gravity as is currently, major flaws all over the place with this, including dating! which is unreliable due to Pole shift, due to Planet X laying strata layers in moments as opposed to thousands of years.

Either the creator 'gods' implanted a chicken or an egg into this world.. They would have to raise the eggs them selves to be chickens, so I am voting the egg all day long,this is logical.

:s
edit on 15-4-2017 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: edmc^2

But first let me please state this scientific and incontrovertible fact:

Everything that has a beginning has a cause.

How exactly is that a scientific and incontrovertible fact? How widely do you define what is a cause? To be born is ultimately to die, is dying a cause?

Only if it is a "good cause" .. hahaha Of course this doesn't answer the question, because like an Umpire, each call will be dis-liked by half the fans watching...

There is no "good" or "bad" there just 'is'...

As it relates to 'time' It is only "Saturday" because somewhere, some time ago, folks decided it would be...

Don't look at 'time' as being linear, and it starts to make perfect sense...

The person reading THIS is eternal, the eyes that see the print, will die off and become dust, the same as the head of the body, everything that Your neighbor knows as 'You' will become dust, but that isn't "YOU" You're much grander than that. Want to have some more fun? Try and locate 'You' in "You". Where do the thoughts come from? Where do they go? If You can get quiet enough, You can trace it back...

namaste
Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

So, what's the answer to this simple question:

If something has no cause, does it have a beginning?

What say you?

Allow me to shorten your fact and render the question moot.

Everything has a cause.

oh contraire - "Everything has a cause" is not the final answer. Because if "Everything has a cause" then what 'caused' Everything to exist in the first place?

Who says there was once nothing? What evidence points to that? Your response question assumes that at some point there was nothing.

We know that something never becomes nothing. It merely changes. So why would I assume there was once nothing?

How would we know that?

We do NOT know that things merely change..interesting how this is always presented as fact.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ChipForBrains

Something that lived over 600 million years ago

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The idea of a beginning is the illusion, there is no beginning, things just morph and change endlessly.

energy cannot be created/destroyed. All things seen is simply energy endlessly morphing into form and order,

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
How would we know that?

We do NOT know that things merely change..interesting how this is always presented as fact.

1st law of thermodynamics

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

A couple things. Cause and effect, and for every action there is an equal re-action.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

The chicken issue is easy. A philosophy professor described it succinctly...

There is a living chicken standing in front of you, and next to it is an egg. Now the chicken is already there, alive and clucking.

The egg is there...and only has the possibility-potential....to become a living chicken. It could fall, crack, not hatch at all.

So the chicken exists, the egg may or may not become a chicken.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

are we talking about cause and effect here??

ok we are, i think, for me this is how is see cause and effect, there is an effect for every cause and if we experience synchronicity it is just because we are not able to see how the effect was caused, but it was caused!

edit on 15-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

So basically the question itself is based on a false assumption, that everything comes into being for a cause. Hard to answer a question that can't actually prove it's based on a logical given.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: darkbake

So, what's the answer to this simple question:

What say you?

I would like to see your proof for "everything that has a beginning has a cause". For example, a human life has a beginning, but is there any proof it has a cause?

All life has a purpose at its most basic it's to live and multiply.

But you mention life - why does a rock exist? Water? Neither multiply, neither in and of themselves have a 'cause'.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

but we dont really know how atoms work, like if electrons just stopped moving would matter just disappear, looking at a stone like its just a stone is like saying that something is "just" a placebo.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: ChipForBrains

Something that lived over 600 million years ago

That is chronologically incorrect.

Up until marsupial ancestors appeared 220 million years ago, new life came out of eggs. Before that time, even the earliest mammalian predecessors, the group called monotremes (like echidnas and platypuses) were still laying eggs. But by 105 million years ago, placental mammals had evolved elaborate uteruses that allowed for invasive placentas, maternal tolerance of the fetus, and long gestation periods.

There is really no debate about which came first when it comes to an egg and a womb.
edit on 15-4-2017 by ChipForBrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That's actually pretty easy.

WE DON'T KNOW!

The expectation of a conclusive answer is going to leave you wanting from those groups, because they only provide answers with sufficient data backing them up.

They can give you theories and hypothesis, which is what you mistake for confusion. It's not, there is no confusion. We simply don't have a clue how a lot of stuff works, so it's impossible to provide a conclusive answer right now.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Of course everything has a cause, nothing appears by 'magic'. And I don't see why this question stumps atheist and evolutionists. If you are suggesting science is saying our universe started from nothing, then you are mistaken as science is saying nothing of the sort.

Science has many theories for the creation of our universe, and it's also saying that we still don't know. Emphasis on 'still' because I know one day we will: a few thousand years ago we thought the sun and storms were created by gods. A century ago (aprox) we thought the sky above was the limit of our universe. Every generation is now discovering so much more.

Right. Science says our entire universe could have come from something as small as a pea. An energy burst from a "pea".

Then String Theory that it is ongoing and possibly multiple.

They just "still" don't know exactly what that "pea" is.

edit on 15-4-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Maybe its inside orions belt
(MIB joke!!)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Annee

Maybe its inside orions belt
(MIB joke!!)

Like a little "Pea Jewel"

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Agartha

Of course everything has a cause, nothing appears by 'magic'. And I don't see why this question stumps atheist and evolutionists. If you are suggesting science is saying our universe started from nothing, then you are mistaken as science is saying nothing of the sort.

Science has many theories for the creation of our universe, and it's also saying that we still don't know. Emphasis on 'still' because I know one day we will: a few thousand years ago we thought the sun and storms were created by gods. A century ago (aprox) we thought the sky above was the limit of our universe. Every generation is now discovering so much more.

Right. Science says our entire universe could have come from something as small as a pea. An energy burst from a "pea".

Then String Theory that it is ongoing and possibly multiple.

They just "still" don't know exactly what that "pea" is.

If you use relativity yes if you use quantum mechanics the big bang wasnt the beginning and there was no singularity. The big bang just becomes a stage in the evolution of the universe. Truth is we just dont know what happened a billionth of a second after the big bang. So the big bang might have just been a stage of the universe which is always changing.

Several scientist have been exploring the idea of quantum gravity and that changes alot.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Please give an example.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join