It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very simple question that seem to stumped both atheists and evolutionists alike.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Ruiner1978

If it didn't happen as told then they are not communicating what was observed and therefore not proof of anything.

For example, I see the sun rise and give us light. That is observed but saying that it is a sentient being that created us and that might not come back with its light unless we sacrifice something to it is made up BS. Seeing the sun rise doesn't make the made up BS part true.

Good lord!
I'm not saying it's proof of anything.
I'm saying it's not necessarily NOT based on an observation, whether it's been communicated accurately or not.

You know I'm not religious, right?
I'm not trying to prove this or disprove that.
I just disagreed with the claim that it's based on imagination and not observation.

All these ancient stories from all over the world that are fundamentallly saying the same thing. Obviously based on something that was happening.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

The question is only simple in its phrasing and in the asking. Answering the question is not simple. Be more precise in your question, some questions don't have an answer.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
Good lord!
I'm saying it's not necessarily NOT based on an observation, whether it's been communicated accurately or not.

What difference does it make if they add BS around something that may have been observed? What do you gain by acknowledging that someone may have spoken to a burning bush?

All these ancient stories from all over the world that are fundamentallly saying the same thing. Obviously based on something that was happening.

No, they do not say the same thing. Once you move out of the middle east the creation stories are very different.

edit on 11-1-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Reality is that which exists despite oneself and one's faulty ability to perceive it in the limited capacity we can. The only way one could truly know what's true is to be omniscient. As faulty human beings with a limited ability to perceive and understand we are limited at best to educated guesses based upon observed and recorded data. It's impossible to know anything, only to make the best guess based on what seems most likely to be true based upon the evidence presented.

Is why I get so irritated when people try to insist reality as they interpret it is the one true reality and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. No one really knows, we're really all a bunch of monkeys flinging poo in the hopes we hit something worthwhile. Though it is true some monkeys fling poo better than others. In the end though even our best guesses are likely still just crap on the wall in the grand scheme of things.

Star for you.
Most intelligent post in the thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

And to think it's a post that involves monkeys flinging poo...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Good lord!

What difference does it make if they add BS around something that may have been observed? What do you gain by acknowledging that someone may have spoken to a burning bush?

I don't gain anything. I didn't say anyone gains anything!
#, I didn't even say anyone has to acknowledge anything!

You seem confused.

Again, you know I'm not religious, right?
You're not arguing with a bible thumper here.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Something being true or not true is, by definition, black or white.

Seeing things in black and white isn't a good thing IMHO.

If you disagree, fine. Lol

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I don't care what you believe. You asked if anyone can prove that scripture (which doesn't include creation stories from all around the world) was based on observations or totally made up.

I asked, what difference does it make if it is based on an observation and then modified?

What is the point of what you asked in the first place if not to add some form of validity (proof, something gained, a marked difference)?

And the "you" in those statements doesn't mean you personally.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It isn't a question of how someone sees things. Some things are black or white. Like being pregnant or the earth being flat.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

And to think it's a post that involves monkeys flinging poo...

Ha!
You're my new favourite member.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It isn't a question of how someone sees things.

It was when I said it!
Go look again.
It's there, in black and white...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Like being pregnant or the earth being flat.

I'm not a Flatearther either btw.

Just so you know...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I don't care what you believe. You asked if anyone can prove that scripture (which doesn't include creation stories from all around the world) was based on observations or totally made up.

No I didn't at all!
Go read my posts again.

You ARE confused!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I saw it. You were trying to tell someone what/how they thought. That was wrong right off the bat.

All I said was that somethings are black and white.

I didn't say you were a flat earthen. It was an example of something being what it is no matter what people think.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I saw it. You were trying to tell someone what/how they thought. That was wrong right off the bat.

It was wrong was it?
Says who? You?

Lol
Well, I suppose I stand corrected then, said the man in the orthopaedic shoes...

[/sarc

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Maybe it's all a big knotted loop of causes. Everything being caused in an seemingly paradoxical infinite loop.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I didn't say you were a flat earthen. It was an example of something being what it is no matter what people think.

That's debatable, apparently.

I suggest finding a thread on it and taking out your frustration on people in there.

I'm not interested in debating that topic...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So does anyone have proof that ancient scripture is purely based on man's imagination, and not on something that was observed or not?

There you go.
edit on 11-1-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm not debating the topic either. It was just an example of something people are passionate about but obviously everyone can't be right.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So does anyone have proof that ancient scripture is purely based on man's imagination, and not on something that was observed or not?

There you go.

Yeah, see the difference?

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join