It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Just A Rant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wis, sent you a PM.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: KTemplar

Funny thing about time, people who have been made to suffer like this don't ever forget.

This is an interesting line, I too have an elephants memory. I will forget if I am given an apology, but...

Moral of the story and I know you don't want to hear this, Karma is a B and if you absolutely want revenge....

I don't want to be vengeful, it just creates more hate and disruption. But...
Your story is so terrible I feel like a wimp in comparison. Big Hugs to You.

Thank you, it would have just been nice to have justice! Sorry you went through being victimized too!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
You have all been so supportive and kind. You have helped reassured me that "real people" exist.

I must sleep now.
In my dreams I will try to forgive this person,

Hey Girl.

Just breath.

Thank goodness it wasn't your head they smashed in.

I'm thinking about you.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Happy Update
Yesterday we picked up what was left from my wallet and fortunately the essentials were their except the wallet and my drivers license.
This evening a lady knocked on my door asking if I was "so and so", "Yes, why?" I was crabby coming out of a nap.
That quickly turned into gratitude and embarrassment when she said she had my wallet with the drivers license in it.
My little card that reads " I am catholic" with a picture of Mary prompted her to call our church and ask if they knew whether I was home or not. Kind of odd but cute.
She was very nice and shy and her son was with her.
She had walked her dog and found the wallet just three miles form my home.

That is $75 off my bill, and I told a good friend about "My Easter Bunny Present" this morning and she promptly said they would pay for the window.
I am so happy.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It used to be, back when just about everyone knew just about everyone else.

Thank God for corporate decentralization, we have all gained from hour long commutes and a depersonalized environment. Dripping Sarcasm. You would think we had evolved to something more by now, instead of reversing evolution to pre-cave man status.

My 80 year old mother was driving down a country road, in the middle of the day. A guy came along on a motorcycle.....and tried to smash the window.
Thank God she had the where with all to drive off.

I say thank God, she wasn't one of those nice little old ladies who would have pulled over and asked if he needed help!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh man I am so relieved to hear this Hun! There are still some good people in the world. Hugs!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Thanks Crappie

Just breath.
Thank goodness it wasn't your head they smashed in.

I never stopped breathing, and they would have been very sorry if I had caught them. There would be no head smashing but immediate demobilization. Unless they had fire-arms of course then I would be on my belly playing dead.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

So sorry this happened, There is no excuse for whoever did this. They simply don't care.

Thank you LoneCloud, I have a hard time comprehending such behavior.
No they don't care, and that is what I don't understand.
If I was truly hungry I would find a dumpster, and even though that is "technically" stealing, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
But to take something form some ones property is a whole different subject.

You of all philosophical beings will appreciate this little anecdote.
Many,many years ago I "forgot" my wallet at the mail box, stupid yes.(I used to be very dipsy) But two years later I get a call from the local police that it was found at a local gas station. They ask me how much money I had had and I replied it was a ten dollar bill and three ones and some change. (for some reason I was really annoyed that some one would steal for so little).
It turned out all my stuff was there and thirteen dollars in ones!!! Now who does that?
I told the officer it had been one ten and three ones. He was baffled.

People are odd In very odd ways.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

There are still some good people in the world. Hugs!

There are good people, lots of them.
Anecdotally
As I tried to explain to my neighbor the other day, in an effort to comfort me when he stated that you have to be cautious of every on.
I boldly said I am not going to look over my shoulder or refuse to welcome people just because there are some rotten apples. I asked him point blank if I should suspect him and his 90 year old Father or the other people on the block?
I cut him down and said I am not going to refrain from welcoming people.
They are suspicious of me because I "don't have family" a big thing around here.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Wow, that was weird. I got lucky myself in the past. I left my credit card in a cash machine a couple times and each time the next person was good enough to take it into the bank for me. These days I even keep my keys in the change purse of my wallet so I just have to look after my wallet.

Glad to hear you are getting help. Sounds like things are working out?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Weird that they are suspicious of you because you don't have family. Plenty of folks don't have family. They should treat you the same as anyone else. You have a good attitude Wis and I am thrilled that things worked out so well for you.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
At least you gave a damn. Some others would turn and walk the other way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join