It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans defect to North Korea What!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
GI Joe Dresnok, decided that he would defect to North Korea one fine day, by leaving his unit and crossing the Military border. He wouldn't be alone as a few more followed. This is when JFK was on the throne. It makes for an interesting story as one day, thinking they had had enough, they all turned up at the Russian embassy to leave, but the Ruskies just called the Koreans. Instead of being nasty to them they got reeducated, and after making a film they all became film stars, and started to like living there. Makes for an interesting story, could they go back home if they wanted to? well it seems one did and served twenty five days. But Joe seems to like it there. Their probably are a lot of human rights violations there, it depends what you call a violation, homeless people would be a violation to the North Koreans. So keeping it all a bit on the level, living in North Korea probably isn't as bad as we are told, and not as good as we would like it to be, but I digress.

edit on 14-4-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I'm struggling to see the correlation with WWIII, but many of these guys who defected were orphans. They did a phyc evaluation and many people with relationship issues tend to run away. Small piece of the pie though.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I wouldn't believe anything msn tells you. If they say smoking is bad for your health, it's more than likely a type of fountain of youth.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I wouldn't believe anything msn tells you. If they say smoking is bad for your health, it's more than likely a type of fountain of youth.

Uh...yea. Totally.

You started off so well and finished so terribly.

@ OP - they get treated like rock stars there. Them deciding that's not a bad lifestyle isn't terribly shocking.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Great documentary on the subject.

There was more than one defector.

They became movie stars there.

video won't imbed, have to google 'crossing the line'
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-4-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It is probably worse than we are told.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: Shamrock6

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Thanks when the pic comes up it usually works.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So keeping it all a bit on the level, living in North Korea probably isn't as bad as we are told, and not as good as we would like it to be, but I digress.

It's actually worse than whats been reported.

The satellite night time shot of No Ko should be an eye opener to everyone.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The thing is, some people like to live in one paradigm and some in another. From birth we are brainwashed, or Cultured, to live in one system or another. The Capitalist and the Communist, certainly don't have to kill each other to prove which system is best, because a free market will eventually decide which works best. But when they clash, the systems never get a chance to operate in a free market, because the military spending drain everything out of both systems . To be anti communist..is just as bad as being anti capitalist, brainwashing on both sides is the same. The free market seems to be a novel concept for both.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Let me know what Communist nation is there to compare to capitalist based nations...

We have ONE MAJOR Communist nation... CHINA... Are you trying to say that all the folks in CHINA are experiencing the UTOPIAN dream?

China's hierarchy is now willing to forego the long over played pressure point Commie NK.....

While folks with good intentions, can envision a world of equality, and shared resources...

REALITY tells us that HUMANS aren't able to follow theory...

Too many KINGS and DESPOTS who want MORE CONTROL... which defeats the pretty picture of Utopia..

YMMV..

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm sure that most anyplace isn't that bad if you get into the right social strata. There are probably people in Maduro's inner circle who feast every night while the common man in Venezuela is lucky to find some leftover critter from the zoo that everyone else overlooked.

And if you went there tomorrow and got in with that inner circle, you might think Venezuela wasn't all that bad too.

You might have to stop over four or five dead bodies on your way to the fancy cocktail circuit socials every night, but your life isn't that bad, so who cares?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The thing is, some people like to live in one paradigm and some in another. From birth we are brainwashed, or Cultured, to live in one system or another. The Capitalist and the Communist, certainly don't have to kill each other to prove which system is best, because a free market will eventually decide which works best. But when they clash, the systems never get a chance to operate in a free market, because the military spending drain everything out of both systems . To be anti communist..is just as bad as being anti capitalist, brainwashing on both sides is the same. The free market seems to be a novel concept for both.

The thing is that North Korea imprisons the family of someone that steals something to feed their family.
The thing is some people feel that people should not live a life of fear and total supression.
The thing is innocent people eat rats in prison camps in North Korea.
The thing is the people in charge in North Korea should not be in in charge of anything.
You can post what you posted because you do not live in North Korea.
The thing is....
Your ideals do not change a thing.

edit on 2017-04-14T22:26:36-05:002201714America/Chicago4 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Everything we know about North Korea, with a few rare exceptions, comes from mainstream media.

I have no idea if that little fellow in charge over there is a nutcase or not. I know that msm wants me to believe he is and that he is a danger to me and mine.

I got fooled big time back in the '60s by government saying we had been attacked and sending thousands of soldiers to die in a jungle. I wasn't the only one who got fooled back then, most adults bought the story too.

Now with the unveiling of the oh-so-cozy relationship of the intelligence community and the msm, I find reason to doubt whatever I hear coming from them.

Today I spoke with a friend who is from South Korea. Her parents are still there. She says they are not worried, they are prepared for disasters, they lived through one war already. Her entire family is there in the family compound that her parents and aunts and uncles rebuilt after the last war. She doesn't think war is on the horizon. I pray she is right.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oh man, I bet people are lining up to go to NK after watching that.

I mean who wants to live in #hole America?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Your statements could be applied to a refugee camp in Calais, of living the life of a poor person in the States just as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If the internet was around when Hitler was, some of you would defend him because pics or it didn't happen.

There are real life monsters, right now.
lil fat boy is a real life fat lil monster.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Please stop scaring me with real life monster talk. I'm already drunk and getting ready for bed but now I'm going to be drunk and be on "monster watch" tonight which never bodes well. Thanks for scaring me

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

No argument there. But taking him down is going to cost big time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join