It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US successfully tests new nuclear gravity bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sure creates the opportunity to create the fourth layer of the nuclear triad.

Drones in the sky 24/7.

Not really much different then the cold war with B-52s always in the air ready to go. It would still be air power.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Big difference.

Decreased time to delivery.

Cheaper to operate.

Reduced manning.

The holy grail of people that say we spend too much on defense.
edit on 14-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

yea, as long as we limit the yield through legislation, I think I can live with it. I guess we all will be destroyed by fire again. This must be why the bible considered it a sin to eat from the tree of wisdom?? Because thousands of years later, we will discover the means to burn down our entire planet from the knowledge of splitting the atom ... and fill our skies and oceans with thousands of the devices linked through signals that will eventually be hacked and sent on a path to destroy us all...

damnit.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The "other man's side" would be that of a hardline communist or another Hitler. Who would you rather have the bomb, us or them, your philosophical argument is immaterial in this regard.

Looking at the US from the outside, the other man might say the same. I keep forgetting the commies are still come for us.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

They used to fly nuclear armed B-52s on Chrome Dome missions that were airborne 24 hours a day. It would be the same thing. They'd have to land them and replace them, just as with the B-52s. Yes, it would be cheaper, but the result would be the exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Zaphod58

Would that mod get them through a doorway / tunnel entrance?

If it fits inside an old cannon barrel, yes.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Until someone hacks it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

They didn't hack them, they spoofed them. And that hole has since been closed.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

So, these bombs are not powered in and of themselves, in that they merely drop, have no engine or rocket motor in their construction? I assume also that they are fin stabilised and that these fins are manipulated in terms of orientation by the guidance system, in order to steer the projectile as it drops, allowing for a more precise drop than a dumb bomb would have?

All these concerns about ICBM, and yet here we are looking at a guided version of the first nuclear weapons ever deployed in anger. Wonders, they never cease, and apparently do not change all that much either!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

We've got plenty of guided nuclear weapons of various sorts, some much more guidable and accurate than a tail fin unit added to a B61.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Oh I know there is more in the quiver than that.

Its just the fact that we still have a use for gravity weapons that makes me chortle somewhat.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nuclear weapons are 70 year old technology the Bible actually states the earth will reel back and forth like a drunkard so God only knows what will be used in the next big stink.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Nice that the US can develop nuclear weapons while denying it to most of the world.

Most of the world being denied these weapons is a good thing. How many nuclear attacks would we have if every terrorist could get their hands on one?

These weapons of last resort, and should never be in the hands of those who would use them too willingly.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Expecting the military to go rogue and do major false flags with that bomb. There was a reason why mini nukes were banned.

www.theguardian.com...

www.democracynow.org...
edit on 16-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

This is based on all the other times they went rogue, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Expecting the military to go rogue and do major false flags with that bomb. There was a reason why mini nukes were banned.

www.theguardian.com...

www.democracynow.org...

I'm not certain exactly how you'd call a B61 a 'mini nuke'. You DO know it's like 12 feet long and about 700 pounds, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join