It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is North Korea Capable of Invading the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
member that "dead" NK "satellite" and how its path goes over the US..

dundundundundnnnnn
edit on 14-4-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The correct answer no one on this thread seems to have is yes.

NK can send the US back to the dark ages. They don't have to come here, they can set things in motion so Americans kill Americans, and death spreads across the country through disease.
Here is how..
NK has a couple satellites that pass over the US daily. Send one up with a nuke. Set it off way above the US and watch the EMP take out the grid and all sensitive electronics as well as cars. Watch all businesses close, after all in flight planes fall from the sky. Watch all trucking stop and food become scares. Watch people rob, and kill for food.

Maybe I shouldn't have put this up here

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
unless they go the "operation angry birds" route and started flinging people over one by one.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That's all it would take, our infrastructure is so unprotected, kids hack into it, now EMP protection, lol, I have a bridge to sell you that's EMP protected if you think our country thinks about that when building systems...

Our country's company culture would be lucky to back up their servers to bypass ransomware, let alone protect against something that " might " not happen...

Try selling that to a board, " we're doing great, but I'd like to divert some profits to beefing up our infrastructure against EMP attacks on the grid "

The Board: " Sure, it can come out of your paycheck, you're fired ".

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
North Korea can not launch a full out invasion of the United States. The logistics of bringing enough troops to gain a foothold and maintaining a supply line is well out of their reach. They also have very few ports to gather military assets at in order to prepare for one and North Korea is under constant surveillance so the the are a multitude of reasons why the answer is a big fat no.

However they do have long range multi-stage missiles that potentially can reach the continental United States which is more of a concern than an invasion, the Taepodong-2.

Range estimates vary at anywhere from 5,000 km to 15,000km. They also are testing another weapon that can reach the states, the KN-08. The US Pentagon believes North Korea has at least six KN-08s in its possession, which could be capable of reaching much of the United States.

A nuclear missile is also capable of causing an EMP burst that if detonated above the the US could be just as catastrophic as a nuclear blast, if not more.

This, in part, is one of the reason the United States is eager to remove the current regime from power in North Korea.

In the end these scenarios are extremely hypothetical and not likely to happen..South Korea and Japan have a lot more to worry about.

Hope I didn't ruin your weekend!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: homers1226
could NK invade Canada ?

Lol....no one will ever get past the Seven Nation Army in Canada.....lol.

I often wonder why Canada has no army or navy or really anything to defend itself with......I have concluded Canada is a haven for Aliens and they protect the Country and its stocks of smoked salmon,BCbud,Alberta Beef,Saskatchewan Perogys,Manitoba Back-Bacon,Quebec Maple Syrup,and Nova Scotia Codfish......some things are sacred on a Universal level.....lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Nope... Not even make it out of international waters... near our airspace... Over the Canadian Rockies... Or the Mexican desert or Sierra Madres mountains.

To be sure... Believe me... they know it.... They are on a peninsula themselves... Locked in by China and S. Korea. Anything they got... Especially troops...

We'd knock out the back and wait for the troops enroute to capture them coming. I'm sure most of N. K. 's military knows it too....

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The correct answer no one on this thread seems to have is yes.

NK can send the US back to the dark ages. They don't have to come here, they can set things in motion so Americans kill Americans, and death spreads across the country through disease.
Here is how..
NK has a couple satellites that pass over the US daily. Send one up with a nuke. Set it off way above the US and watch the EMP take out the grid and all sensitive electronics as well as cars. Watch all businesses close, after all in flight planes fall from the sky. Watch all trucking stop and food become scares. Watch people rob, and kill for food.

Maybe I shouldn't have put this up here

And gee what do you know they recently launched a Satellite into Space 2 if I remember correctly just before the Superbowl.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

"...let's say just for the sake of a Discussion were to Invade..."

Let's just not discuss it even with the big "D" in the term. OK?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think you mean this ain't Homefront (video game 2011)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I just want one person to explain the logistics, supply chain, comm chain , take your pick of a billion other logistical items that would be required for any country to launch a ground based invasion of the continental US..

Lets forget that the US has miles of clear ocean on the East and West coast.
Lets forget that the US has an ally on the Northern boarder.
Lets forget that a large % of the Southern boarder is water.
Lets also forget that the US has a military infrastructure that geographically disbursed.
Lets also forget that the US can produce is own resources.

If you forget all of that and everything else, explain to me how it happens..It cant.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Could NK invade the US?

No.

Could NK hit the US with a nuclear-tipped missle?

Very unlikely at this time, since it is unlikely that they have a working, miniaturized nuclear warhead small enough to be launched far enough by any of their current missles.

Yes, they have boosted payloads to low orbit, but bringing a working nuclear warhead down from orbit and having detonate where it's supposed to is another order of difficulty altogether.

And it is very highly doubtful that, given the current level of development NK possesses, that they could have anything powerful enough to make much of an EMP device.

But, they do have quiet diesel subs that could ferry the bombs they do have to within destructive range of US ports on the west coast.

Destroying those ports would require only small, dirty nukes detonated at, or just below the ocean's surface, and would result in a financial blow to the US economy on par with the economic collapse of the Soviet Union.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
They have short range Nukes. They do not have any missiles that can get across the ocean, but they do have subs and nukes that can be launched from the subs I think.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Why is it I imagine them getting hear on rafts tossing there guns and begging to stay lol

If I recall right any nk that makes it out alive is granted citezenship in sk

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They have short range Nukes. They do not have any missiles that can get across the ocean, but they do have subs and nukes that can be launched from the subs I think.

They actually do have long range missiles that are capable of reaching the continental United States. These weapons are:

Taepodong-2 The latest Taepodong multi-stage missile has an intermediate range
Its range has been estimated at anything between 5,000 and 15,000km. The Center for Nonproliferation Studies puts the figure at a maximum estimated 6,000km.

also they are developing a road-mobile weapon which observers have dubbed the KN-08 or Hwasong-13. The US Pentagon believes North Korea has at least six KN-08s in its possession, which could be capable of reaching much of the United States.

So they potentially have the delivery systems but the bigger question is do they the ability to miniaturize a nuclear warhead, that remains in doubt. North Korea claims they have already done it but there is very little proof.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well considering China Russia Nazi Germany Japan
and even our own US military have run scenario after scenario
and none think it's a good idea. An invvading army won't top
1 million and they would have to contend with 300 million
Americans more in love with their firearms than ever.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

no i said what i meant.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
if people insist on participating in threads - it would be helpfull if they actually comprehended the OP question - however poorly written it is :

Is North Korea Capable of Invading the US ? - yes - and anyone claiming they cannot is an idiot

one man - yup thats all it actually requires - CAN constitute an " invasion force " - all he has to do is set foot on US territory with a military objective [ he doesnt even have to accomplish this objective ]

so - short answer - yes - REALISTIC answer - darwin awards

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

North Korea, for all that it has vast resources of personnel, has not got the resources to invade the U.S.

Lets look at their air force for a moment, shall we?

At present, the KPAAF (Korean Peoples Army Air Force, the collective name for all military aviation in North Korea) has 940 aircraft to its name. In order to mount an invasion by air, by dropping paratroops for example, it would be necessary to deploy a host of heavy transport aircraft, crammed to the gunnels with troops, to drop them en masse, making best use of the advantage of numbers in terms of man power.

But North Korea only possesses ONE Antonov An-24 heavy transporter. This craft has a seating capacity of 44. Hardly a massive deployment potential there.

They also have Mil Mi-26 Heavy Transport choppers. These things will carry about 60 stretcher cases in the event of a medical evacuation, so you can make some reasonable assumptions about their abilities as a troop transporter. Of these, the NK have four.

So in terms of just their ability to drop troops, they have nothing going on. They may have men, but they cannot deploy them in reasonable order from the air. And they have similarly pathetic capacity when it comes to the ability of their air arm to protect their navy, because they have only 940 aircraft of varying types. It would take far more aircraft, far better aircraft than they have, to protect a naval assault force intent on landing troops on American soil, across the vast amount of distance they would have to cover, in order to land them. They could summon boats in uncountable numbers, but they would be slaughtered to a man in the water, before they ever entered American territorial waters. That is simply a fact. They have no ability to touch the American mainland with any significant force.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Invading no. To point out they have a fleet of very old submarines that have been able to become undetectable but I'm not sure what the capabilities are of those.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join