It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Reporting China Fears US-North Korea Conflict Any Moment...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The BBC is reporting China stating concerns that a conflict between US and North Korea might break out at any moment...

www.bbc.co.uk...

I think many of us have speculated with varying degrees of accuracy why China has amassed 175,000 troops along its border with North Korea, but China is showing greater concerns regarding a potential military conflict opening up between the US and North Korea. Either another nuclear or long-range missile test could draw a military strike from the US who has sent a carrier fleet to monitor the actions of North Korea.

My concern is how China will react to a US strike on Kim Jong-un's dictatorship. North Korea (as the BBC report states) has served a purpose for China, acting like a buffer zone between Chinese and American militaries. The removal of Kim Jong-un would open up China's eastern border uncomfortably, and although many see the Chinese troops as being on the border to deal with refugees, 175,000 is way too many required for such a task.

I still maintain that China will not want American or South Korean forces in North Korea. I don't believe they will be too bothered if Kim Jong-un and his generals are taken out, but I do believe that if he is taken out, or in the least considerably weakened, those Chinese troops will move into North Korea and seek to take control of the capital Pyongyang, and to stabilise the country to that of the Chinese model.

I think they will want to control the North Korean side of the de-militarized zone between the South and North Korea's, and to quickly set up a new more stable and sane North Korean military structure to control their side. I would posit there are elements in North Korea who also want rid of Kim Jong-un and all his regime, so they too, will be activated, and attempt a coup.

However, if the US strike at Kim Jong-un, the expectation is that he will seek to draw as much of the oriental area into the conflict, and will probably launch against South Korea and Japan, something China will not want to see occur. Kim Jong-un will certainly launch against the US fleet, so there may well be a number of American casualties and fatalities?

Could this lead to WW3? No, I don't think it will. Kim Jong-un has been a thorn in China's side just as much as he has been to the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i never thought about him launching on south korea or japan.

thats bumming me out...

i know they have a large army but i didnt think they had any real capabilities as far as attacking the US and the fleet.

i know nothing about war strategy and arm capabilities.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its a good thing they are reporting that. The bbc is full of s@#t. Whatever they say its normally the opposite of what actually is.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good analysis.
China is probably pressuring Kim very heavily now to not do a nuke test.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder how south korea feels about it.

I think it would be fine if China basically took over NK and basically made it part of China..but in return to give up its claim in the sea to Japan and stop meddling with the philippines. win/win there, and I reckon SK has long since given up ever uniting north and south in any coherent fashion..but it would make them very relaxed with the insanity gone. In a perfect world, north and south would unite under south rule and it become a capitalist wonderland like Japan, but thats not gonna happen I suppose.

Still, getting fat lil kim on a noose would be fine with me and most of the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

thats bumming me out...

i know they have a large army but i didnt think they had any real capabilities as far as attacking the US and the fleet.

NK has a huge military.

They can hit Japan and if we attack they will destroy Seoul, not much that can be done to prevent the artillery barrage.

There will be blood.

link   
I just heard that China has cancelled all flights to/from NK and warned vessels to stay clear of the area.

link   
Wasn't there a time when shooting weapons and dropping bombs was the very last resort?????

The world is insane. You people are out of your minds to be this much afraid of any country let alone North Korea.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Do you think the US would drop a Hiroshima again? this time on Pyongyang? That Hiroshima one was a fck up of a bomb. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a bomb like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
Its a good thing they are reporting that. The bbc is full of s@#t. Whatever they say its normally the opposite of what actually is.

The bbc is one of the more reliable sources out there.. They do not usually cover stories unless there is some legitimacy in it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Wasn't there a time when shooting weapons and dropping bombs was the very last resort?????

The world is insane. You people are out of your minds to be this much afraid of any country let alone North Korea.

Sure.

There was a time when people didn't fly planes into buildings or run crowds of people down with trucks or open fire in a nightclub.

Times have changed you should catch up.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It might be better for China to simply work with the rest of the world and TAKE NK for themselves.China /Russia and US/SK forces in a Hammer and Anvil action shutting NK down permanently.....when all is said and done China will be given governing control and a new Russian/US/Sk contingent will be entrenched in SK....secret agreement between Superpowers to keep it conventional even if NK tries using Nukes...agenda being to justify not responding in kind by permanently removeing NK.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Do you think the US would drop a Hiroshima again? this time on Pyongyang? That Hiroshima one was a fck up of a bomb. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a bomb like that.

The little boy and fat man bomb's used on Japan are like firecrackers compared to what exists now. But yes even those "small" ones will jack stuff up.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

thats bumming me out...

The general idea is the Minimax strategy - Minimum casualties at maximum damage. It's like a game of Chess; every piece is given a value, so that a pawn is +1, rook knight or bishop is +10,000, queen is +250,000 and the king is +1000,000. Then every move is given a score by how much change occurs. A loss provides a negative score, checkmate victory is +infinity. Then by looking ahead and evaluating every possible move made by both player and opponent, possible victory paths can be explored, and losses avoided.

With military technology, everything has it's coutermeasure; battalions of tanks in columns are defeated by large cluster bombs; individual tanks by other tanks and anti-tank missiles. The only advantage is to those with cruise missiles and stealth bombers.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I think it would be fine if China basically took over NK and basically made it part of China..but in return to give up its claim in the sea to Japan and stop meddling with the philippines.

I can imagine China wanting to drive a harder bargain than that.
"You want to overthow our old friend Kim? We will tolerate that, though we will not tolerate any occupation by capitalist troops, and in return for this generous concession on our part we expect you to give us more leeway in the southern seas".
No diplomatist worth his salt would let the Americans get away with win/win.

edit on 14-4-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Are there any racial or cultural tensions between Koreans and the Chinese? If not, I think Chinese takeover of NK is the solution.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Cruise missile come in fast and low.... if those artillery sites which are well known zre the first targets they cant get their barrage off, or at least it will be limited.

The us has a few assets in the area that can participate in a number of ways to absolutely f*** north korea....

Seol is at risk but not necessarily completely #ed. The south is very capable themselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

Sure.

There was a time when people didn't fly planes into buildings or run crowds of people down with trucks or open fire in a nightclub.

Times have changed you should catch up.

It is very hard for us "oldschoolers" to accept that death is not even an option that is on the table for discussion.

Really hard, but fact. Death is now not only an option, but very often it is the go to option.

The world sucks.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

How are we out of our minds to fear a crazy man spending all his funds on building a nuclear arsenal and delivery systems and then saying he will nuke us. This dude and his family have made brainwashed slaves of all their citizens - they have literally ruined a hundred million lives or more over the last 60 years.

Don't you understand all it takes is for Kim to realize that he is a dead man due to a coup or something and say to hell with it I'm going to take as many with me as I can.

The point is if North Korea is going to lead to a very bad result no matter what, better to stop them now when their nuclear capabilities are very limited, as opposed to 10 years from now when they could literally end all life on the planet.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I doubt it . Those weapons were only needed because Japan was so determined to wage war and not surrender. Just eliminating communications and government buildings would cause an equivalent amount of chaos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join