It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to talk about food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

when i was taking lyrica i really had no interest in food.
the only other time i had no interest in eating was when we were trying to get my meds sorted and i was in a lot of pain. nothing sounded good and i would eat once every few days.
you could have put steak and lobster in front of me and i would have turned my nose up at it.

once i got sorted ive been all about the food again.
love food.
i love cooking it. i love eating it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Me too. I love to cook I love to watch cooking shows and read about cooking and I love to eat.

Yesterday I got this pouch of sugar cookie mix at the dollar tree. Betty Crocker. One of those add butter quick cookie things. I added a cap full of Madagascar vanilla and a 1/4 cup of sweetend coconut that I chopped a bit in my food processor and made really good coconut cookies. Only draw back was it only made twelve cookies.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am taking a medication that restricts my appetite, but it doesn't take away my love of food, only the amount I want to eat. I don't take it for that purpose, but it's a lovely side effect.

I tend to be one of those people who savors my food, so I will always be the very last one at the table eating even though I might have eaten a relatively small amount compared to most of the rest.
edit on 14-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Me too. I love to cook I love to watch cooking shows and read about cooking and I love to eat.

Yesterday I got this pouch of sugar cookie mix at the dollar tree. Betty Crocker. One of those add butter quick cookie things. I added a cap full of Madagascar vanilla and a 1/4 cup of sweetend coconut that I chopped a bit in my food processor and made really good coconut cookies. Only draw back was it only made twelve cookies.

me too.
i cant stand guy fieri but i love diners, drive ins, and dives....
fantastic little spots.

i also love me some bizarre foods. my favorite food show.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry to hear that.

The whole farmer's market is about to start up. That is always a good place to start.

PS - Try dumping the stout in your coffee!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Many years ago, the x thought I needed to get my alleged ADHD under control and I started taking Focalin. Lost my appetite all together, even after I stopped taking it after a month.

Cooking food helped me get it back. I love cooking and the prep and smells that go with it is like foreplay to the main coarse.
Then, enjoying the meal and the full , happy food coma afterwards.

Find a recipe that really interests you, something simple at first , and go from there.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Husband and I came from mostly non-cooking families. We developed an interest in learning from watching shows like Iron Chef and realizing how much you could do in a very short amount of time and how much variety there really was in food and cooking.

When we were first starting out, one of our favorite weekend adventures was to pick a new menu and spend a day exploring the city finding the ingredients and then learning how to make it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

i feel no hunger.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Interesting note. I almost T-boned Guy in Selwood Oregon. He was in his flashy red convertible, spiky hair and all. He yelled at me as if it was my fault, however, he almost ran a stop sign when I had the rite of way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join