It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is more dangerous, a psychopathic politician or narcissistic one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
I realize that psychopaths and narcissists are not actually suffering from "madness" but they are in possession of personality disorders that can cause them to look at the world in a totally different way than regular "neural normative" individuals. Freud noted that the people best suited to govern countries never actually wanted to. So maybe just as hystronic and narcissistic people go into acting to satisfy their cravings for attention the narcissist and psychopath head for political power and influence. Yet just as one personality disorder may make for better parenting than the other so too can one of them make for a dangerous politician, but one that is open to persuasion. So what do you think, is your senator or congressman one of these categories?

i wouldnt know. havent sat down and been able to talk to a politician. without knowing the person and spending a good amount of time with them then there is practically no way to come to a solid conclusion. i mean u could try to make assumptions but that generally doesnt turn out well.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
a reply to: edward777

A psychopath is more dangerous because they have no moral center and no control over their actions. Their mental illness blunts any sense of right and wrong. A narcissist however will do whatever makes him look best in the eyes of others. He wants others to like him and see him as he sees himself. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I don't believe Trump is a psychopath but he is a narcissist. The only problem though is that he has deluded himself into believing lies which are demonstrably so. He barely won the election, but he continues to believe he has massive national support. All of the polls show his numbers dropping but then he cites a poll from a company he previously criticized simply because it shows his poll numbers to be higher than the others. The attack on Syria may be an attempt to get people to like him for standing up to tyranny, but it has back fired because Trump supporters are fleeing left and right. Commenters on the Alex Jones site are up in arms and pissed at Trump for caving. Interesting times.

I am inclined to agree in regards to Trump being a narcissist, but at least that makes him possible to influence. If Hillary had won, with a totally Machiavellian mindset, we might very well be watching mushroom clouds rise above our cities.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join