It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
Movies these days have no build-up.

I know!

Imagine the main protagonist learning about the Force and then the next day blowing up the most powerful weapon in the galaxy when he uses the Force.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Considering there's another movie after this one.

We may not find out Reys origin story.

Until then.

edit on 16-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I doubt they are. I think she absorbed the force via the force tree thing she had going on. Not to mention the family tree isn't particularly expansive. You had Shmi Skywalker give birth to Anakin via god (convergance of the force, no daddy). So Anakin had 2 kids, and only Leah had a kid who turned out to be a jackass. No real route to heritage.

I guess you missed this little piece of insight from Bob Iger:

"Perk of being @WaltDisneyCo CEO: seeing The Last Jedi early. Bob Iger calls it 'a great next chapter in the iconic Skywalker family saga.'"

The who family saga?

He was talking about Luke is my guess..again, there is no supportive family tree. no reason Leah would have given up her daughter if she had twins, Luke was busy being a jedi so no kids for him, or even a love interest, etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

...Luke was busy being a jedi so no kids for him, or even a love interest, etc.

And you know this, how?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

...Luke was busy being a jedi so no kids for him, or even a love interest, etc.

And you know this, how?

Outside of jedi code and all that stuff (and Luke fancys himself a Jedi), you got Abrams who said so also
this bit

Rey’s parents are not in Episode 7. So I can’t possibly tell you who they are at this moment. But all I will say is that this is something that Rey thinks about, too.

So, that rules out Luke, Leah, etc.
She remembers her parents also...mom and dad..so that rules out Vader
edit on 16-4-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

And he is not above a little deception to keep the mystery going? The music is the give away, Rey's theme, Luke's and Vader's all are the same.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And he is not above a little deception to keep the mystery going? The music is the give away, Rey's theme, Luke's and Vader's all are the same.

Well, depending on how much of a spoiler you want, you can actually go and find out now. the next movies summery has already been leaked. I am holding back instead of just getting the answers, but if you want to know, you can go check it out yourself.

Not a skywalker is my stance though simply because there is no real route to it...I would say ignore the music.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fair enough. He was trained in the Force for years, she has picked it up over the weekend. Hand to hand is meaningless in that scenario, not even close to tilting the scales for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Not a skywalker is my stance though simply because there is no real route to it...I would say ignore the music.

John Williams' scores have been integral in the telling of the stories, Vader's music is the same as Luke's music and Williams explains why he chose certain notes/themes to make it related. He obviously did the same with Rey's theme which borrows from Vader's.

The music was so much related to the next film that instead of scoring it after it was cut the director made a point of cutting the film around his music.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

He was trained in the Force for years...

What movie were you watching? When Luke 'used the Force', as Ben urged, to destroy the Death Star he had known of it for the grand total of one day.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I suspect she is a virgin birth like ol' dark n crispy was, metachlorians n shizz, hence she gets Vader's music.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I suspect she is a virgin birth like ol' dark n crispy was, metachlorians n shizz, hence she gets Vader's music.

It's a possibility and I would wager a huge amount of money that she is a Skywalker in some capacity.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

How is there no route to Rey being a Skywalker? She could be Luke's. All we know about Luke since ROJ is that he tried to train Ben Solo but Ben went dark so Luke exiled himself. Luke could have married, there could be a Mara Jade out there. Rey could be Ben Solo's twin that Han and Leia thought was dead. Rey could be Vader's child or grandchild... he did go dark why not cheat on Padme or procreate later?

There's huge avenues for her to be a Skywalker.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

How is there no route to Rey being a Skywalker? She could be Luke's. All we know about Luke since ROJ is that he tried to train Ben Solo but Ben went dark so Luke exiled himself. Luke could have married, there could be a Mara Jade out there. Rey could be Ben Solo's twin that Han and Leia thought was dead. Rey could be Vader's child or grandchild... he did go dark why not cheat on Padme or procreate later?

There's huge avenues for her to be a Skywalker.

Abrams said flatly that you haven't seen the father in episode 7...so nobody who you seen in E7 was her parents.
Luke..was in the 7th film
Therefore..voila. Not a skywalker

Its probably Quigon's granddaughter.
edit on 16-4-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The Rey theme of music at 2:30-40ish
has the same tempo of horns but lighter/higher as Vaders theme. I just looked it up lol

My guess she is a virgin birth like him, or him reincarnated (if they have that in Star wars worlds) the higher notes may indicate she exists within the light side not the dark side the force.
So he ain't her papa, he is her or she is made up of the same force shizz as Vader.
edit on 16-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

He was trained in the Force for years...

What movie were you watching? When Luke 'used the Force', as Ben urged, to destroy the Death Star he had known of it for the grand total of one day.

Huh?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Huh?

Wha?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We know theres going to be a twist.

Luke I am your father.

So.

Rey I am your father.

If Rey loses one of her hands then we will know she's a Skywalker.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

Entertainment Weekly

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

Entertainment Weekly

She has a British accent. this means her parents had a British accent. go from there

Obi-wan musta been having some fun somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join