It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
TLDR; A New Hope is the start of the story.

I disagree

therefore you're wrong

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I agree with your disagreement.

Prequel by definition is the start of the story.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I agree with your disagreement.

Prequel by definition is the start of the story.

And each episode gets better from that point of view (well, with some debate on return of the jedi and the f@&#ing talking Shih Tzus)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
..however, on the other hand, you also will find it humorous as Luke is hitting on his sister without knowing it the whole time
So that is one thing...

In the original release they were not related.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oooee I love a good star wars fight on a Saturday morning!

*tags in*

Shut up everyone who says ep 1 is that lame fan fiction type movie they released.

The prequels you don't even need to watch. They were so poorly done, I don't think I can forgive George for it ever.
I would actually support Disney completely redoing them or removing them from the Cannon all together.

Anyway.

There was no episode IV when it came out, it was just STAR WARS baby!!!!!!!!

I remember it clearly

Sit and spin haters!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh even the New Hope bit wasn't in there... oops.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Ewoks are awesome. Killer teddy bears!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did you catch how they layered Rey's theme over Luke's?

Anyone who doesn't think she is a Skywalker is being silly.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hate the Star Wars rework. No originality. Terrible villain. Ridiculous heroes (come on, some chick with no training takes out a Sith Lord). Star Wars died for me.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It's Emo Vader.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I didn't til you posted about it. That was really cool.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Kind of like Luke surviving his first encounter with one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever... right?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Vader was already emo.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Aniken was emo, Vader was crispy.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Did you catch how they layered Rey's theme over Luke's?

Anyone who doesn't think she is a Skywalker is being silly.

I doubt they are. I think she absorbed the force via the force tree thing she had going on. Not to mention the family tree isn't particularly expansive. You had Shmi Skywalker give birth to Anakin via god (convergance of the force, no daddy). So Anakin had 2 kids, and only Leah had a kid who turned out to be a jackass. No real route to heritage.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I feel like I am solely responsible for this great divide we are witnessing, my intentions were not to cause war, so I apologize..

I've decided to stop searching for the truth and instead have chosen the path to the Star Trek series.

Thank you all and sorry..

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah, that's a good point, and I've actually mentioned it before (to friends in person).

The main issue is training.

We got to see Luke suck initially and undergo pretty severe training to gain his mastery. This was all before his first encounter with Vadar (where he lost an arm and barely escaped).

Movies these days have no build-up. There's no context. I like the theories where she was trained as a Jedi from youth, but they didn't make that clear (I've only seen one and walked out).

It's a tough call with movies. I'm not really sure what the spectrum is. I liked the first couple Bourne movies, which are also ridiculous.

I think I have a problem when people try promote an agenda.

Chicks kicking the crap out of dudes. Ok, I've seen that happen, but it's rare at best and only happens due to a major training differential. Chicks with magic, that's fine, we're all in fantasy land.

I feel like Star Wars is tired very much to the physical world with the addition of the force and in the future. But when we have the antagonist throwing temper tantrums and an untrained girl beating him up, I have some problems.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Star track is so boring get a life guys
edit on 15-4-2017 by Jimmycrackerson2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I doubt they are. I think she absorbed the force via the force tree thing she had going on. Not to mention the family tree isn't particularly expansive. You had Shmi Skywalker give birth to Anakin via god (convergance of the force, no daddy). So Anakin had 2 kids, and only Leah had a kid who turned out to be a jackass. No real route to heritage.

I guess you missed this little piece of insight from Bob Iger:

"Perk of being @WaltDisneyCo CEO: seeing The Last Jedi early. Bob Iger calls it 'a great next chapter in the iconic Skywalker family saga.'"

The who family saga?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
Ridiculous heroes (come on, some chick with no training takes out a Sith Lord). Star Wars died for me.

Except he was not a Sith and she was rather proficient in hand to hand combat as demonstrated when she saved BB-8 and chased down Finn.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join