It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The first two prequels were terrible. The third one might have had potential except for terrible pacing and time management. Sometimes it seems like Anakin flips to evil overnight until you realize this all plays out against Padme's pregnancy and then you realize the movie has a 9 month backdrop but doesn't feel like it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I never thought the prequels did a very good job of filling in the backstory.
Some details were revealed but they added more plot holes.

You hid Luke on his dad's home planet and didn't even change his last name?

Vader strangled his pregnant wife and killed a bunch of children but when he killed the big bad he got to go to Jedi heaven?
edit on 14-4-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I look at Star Wars and the force as a more Eastern, yin-yang chi kind of thing. It's not so much that Anakin goes to any kind of "jedi heaven" but that he flushes out his dark influence for light and therefore becomes an entity of the light. Good and evil isn't necessarily a factor.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This makes me moist....

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

you have a vagina ?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

It's best to ignore those kinds of posts.

They only lead to trouble.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The first two prequels were terrible. The third one might have had potential except for terrible pacing and time management. Sometimes it seems like Anakin flips to evil overnight until you realize this all plays out against Padme's pregnancy and then you realize the movie has a 9 month backdrop but doesn't feel like it.

I enjoyed that movie, but yes, they needed about maybe 5 minutes of filler scenes of time spent together, Anakin watching her get bigger, the whole growing desperation thing in his eyes, more happy moments filled with yet more desperation shots, concern, etc...then it would have made sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

That's not the story arc. The story arc is how it was released. The main characters are Luke, Leia and Han not Anakin, Padme and Obi Wan.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

CGI Leia got me.I have to admit that I thought it was actually her until I watched the bonus disc.Tarkin was good,but still easy to recognize,

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those books were awesome!They should make them into movies.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I am thinking like others have stated that the last jedi means abandoning the religion part of the jedi and sith, IE the crazy stuff that caused problems like no attachment and so on that we hear about in the prequels. As for the sith the entire idea of their religion if it could be called that is problematic for them, only 2 always a power struggle on and on.

I think there will be force users but no more jedi or sith directly. Again as others have already said a balance between the two sides would be the best idea.

I am excited for this one, not really too into rouge one but i was too sour that i didn't get to see Dash Rendar on the big screen.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I'm guessing you were too young to see them in the correct order and saw EP1 1st. Neo has no such excuse.
edit on 4/15/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm guessing you were too young to see them in the correct order and saw EP1 1st. Neo has no such excuse.

What? nonsense. I grew up on star wars.
Episode 1 is the first of the story...I dont know why they went with chapter 4 as the first movie, but that isn't the storys beginning.

The entire story, from 1 to 9 isn't about any one person though..perhaps a bloodline, but ultimately its about the force..not luke..vader...padme...rey..etc

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Episode 1 is the first of the story...I dont know why they went with chapter 4 as the first movie, but that isn't the storys beginning.

They didn't. The original cut of the film did not have 'Episode VI' in the crawl, this was added during the rerelease since they film had grossed far more than anyone could have imagined and the additional films were greenlit.

The original Star Wars was meant to be a stand alone film, its huge success turned it into a franchise.

I also agree with Kali on the viewing order, for the first time viewer the revelation of the Vader/Luke relationship loses its shock if you already know he is his father.

edit on 15-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
God I Hate Kylo.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ask George Lucas what sequence you should watch the Star Wars films in and this is the answer you’ll get. Episode order is consistent with his original vision (or so he now claims), it tells a single story in chronological order and the currently available versions of all movies are presented to directly support this narrative. This is Anakin’s story — the rise, fall and subsequent redemption of the boy who became Darth Vader.

Finally, in pursuing this order, viewers have to start with The Phantom Menace, the weakest movie in the saga.

The purist’s approach, production order maintains the historic account of watching the franchise unfold

The problem is this is not the original Star Wars experience. Lucas has spent decades tinkering with his films, so much so that the current ‘original’ trilogy is a far cry from the films that graced our cinema screens in the late seventies and early eighties

www.empireonline.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Episode 1 is not the 1st of the story it is a prequel. Prequels are meant to be read/watched after the main story (ies). A New Hope wasn't originally Episode 4 it was released as Star Wars and the scrolling text at the beginning started with A New Hope, no episode numeral. Lucas added it in when it was released to home video. The Empire Strikes Back scrolling text began with Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back because upon hatching the plot twist that Vader is Luke's father, Lucas decided someday he would create prequels.

TLDR; A New Hope is the start of the story.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I don't like the actor, at least Christiansen was hot while being an obnoxious bratty type. I like the way the character was written though.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

These people... sheesh!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I also agree with Kali on the viewing order, for the first time viewer the revelation of the Vader/Luke relationship loses its shock if you already know he is his father.

On one hand, if you watch in the story order (1-9) you get spoilers for both the father and the sister..yes, I get it..however, on the other hand, you also will find it humorous as Luke is hitting on his sister without knowing it the whole time
So that is one thing...

But if you watch it in movie release order, you then have a issue of having to sit through the 2 piss poor episodes 1 and 2 after the art that is the original movies..and I would rather lose a powerful scene than lose 4 hours of my life comparing and contrasting...I say 1-9 is the best viewing method.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join