It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens Coverage Of Millions If Democrats Won’t Negotiate On ACA Repeal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Nope, I'm sorry, but when the top 10% own 80% of America's Wealth, including stocks, land, etc. etc. Then the middle don't have the most wealth. The math simply won't allow it.

You just don't realize how much that top 10% actually has in comparison. The top 1% literally has over 40% of all US wealth alone. That's just incredible right there. Think about that.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SBMcG

Yes, well "Being Born Equal Under the Constitution" makes for a nice slogan but it's not quite true. People are born with different advantages and disadvantages and privileges and non privileges everywhere. Besides, that slogan was also written by a group of wealthy land owning, slave owners who wrote that with other wealthy men in mind. They didn't consider poor men to be the same as them and certainly not all men considering they didn't consider slave men as men at all either.

So are you saying you don't pay any taxes??? Or you do but just don't like it??? Or you just don't like paying for poor people??? Because your taxes go to the rich people too ya know.

BTW, America is a kleptocracy. It's not supposed to be. But look at it and tell me it's not.

OK, let's set aside your contempt for the Constitution and the land-owning White men who wrote it and cut right to the chase.

What more do you want and who should pay for it?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: underwerks

Obamacare Passed by the Democrats is Playing with Peoples Lives . It's Now up to President Trump to Clean Up that Mess with the Least Negative Impact to the People that were BLACKMAILED Into Signing Up for it .

Most Republican House Members have been in the job for YEARS. Unlike President Trump, they can't say that they didn't know, "how complicated America's healthcare system is". They voted several times to overturn ObamaCare when Obama was President. Naturally, he vetoed it.

President Trump (and the rest of America) witnessed these Repeal bills get approved, over and over again from 2012 thru 2016.

There was no reason for him to believe that a nice clean Repeal of ObamaCare wouldn't reach his desk for signature in the first few weeks... just like they reached Obama's desk over and over again.

President Trump has to be supremely frustrated by how dysfunctional and gutless his party's leadership has become. As a successful business owner who is accustomed to working with people that have guts and drive, dealing with Congressional members must be hell for him.

I bet U.S. military commanders are President Trump's only satisfaction within the government. They make decisions and initiate action..just like him.

Republican U.S. House members should now be put on a lower priority, when it comes to Repeal/Replace. The wishes of Moderate House Democrats should be given higher priority than House Republicans.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I don't have contempt for the constitution or the White Men who wrote it. I'm just trying to keep things honest. They were brilliant and created an amazing form of Government born from some of the best ideas at the time for sure. Things were different back then also so I'm not saying they were doing something underhanded, but it is what it is. That's why they also included the part about later generations being allowed to change things as the world changed.

I'm not saying I want anything. I pay for myself. I work for a living and pay my own way. I also pay part for some others too as we all do with taxes. I don't mind paying for some of that either depending upon what I'm getting for my money. I'd certainly approve of it going to someone who's poor first rather than it going to someone who's rich and doesn't even need it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obamacare Passed by the Democrats is Playing with Peoples Lives . It's Now up to President Trump to Clean Up that Mess with the Least Negative Impact to the People that were BLACKMAILED Into Signing Up for it .

Most Republican House Members have been in the job for YEARS. Unlike President Trump, they can't say that they didn't know, "how complicated America's healthcare system is". They voted several times to overturn ObamaCare when Obama was President. Naturally, he vetoed it.

President Trump (and the rest of America) witnessed these Repeal bills get approved, over and over again from 2012 thru 2016.

There was no reason for him to believe that a nice clean Repeal of ObamaCare wouldn't reach his desk for signature in the first few weeks... just like they reached Obama's desk over and over again.

President Trump has to be supremely frustrated by how dysfunctional and gutless his party's leadership has become. As a successful business owner who is accustomed to working with people that have guts and drive, dealing with Congressional members must be hell for him.

I bet U.S. military commanders are President Trump's only satisfaction within the government. They make decisions and initiate action..just like him.

Republican U.S. House members should now be put on a lower priority, when it comes to Repeal/Replace. The wishes of Moderate House Democrats should be given higher priority than House Republicans.

Because the GOP suddenly realized that straight repeal wasnt feasible when Obama wasnt around to veto. They had to have a "Replacement" and have one quick due to Trump campaign promises. One would think with 6 years of trying to repeal the damn thing they would have had a plan ready to go to replace it. But alas the GOP played themselves in the end.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: carewemust

Because the GOP suddenly realized that straight repeal wasnt feasible when Obama wasnt around to veto. They had to have a "Replacement" and have one quick due to Trump campaign promises. One would think with 6 years of trying to repeal the damn thing they would have had a plan ready to go to replace it. But alas the GOP played themselves in the end.

What the hell has the U.S. House accomplished since President Trump's inauguration? The Senate has confirmed Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, but the Republican-led House seems to be worthless. Even their Russia-Trump-Obama spying investigation is stuck in the mud.

Why does America even need a House of Representatives? Would the country function properly with just the U.S. Senate, and the President running everything?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
All trump has to do is wait.

There are parts of the US with only one insurer.

When that insurer pulls out any place where there is no other insurer trump can legally cancel them from the ACA across the US anyplace they operate under the ACA.
This means they get subsidies now flowing to a health insurer pulled for them everyplace.

This is a obscure part of the obama care law that the democrats put in thinking it would never be used.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

He didn't need the dems to pass his bass akwards developed on a long weekend health care plan. He couldn't get his own party to agree with it.
But in an effort to continue to divide an already divided nation trump blames the democrats.
He's a horrible little minded man.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Who is going to pay for the increase in military spending in Trump's proposed budget? Everything else gets a cut.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

The Knoxville, TN. metro area will have ZERO ObamaCare insurance plans after 12/31/2017.
money.cnn.com...

Anthem Blue Cross is leaning towards exiting most ObamaCare markets on 12/31/2017. If that happens, large swaths of the country will be without any ObamaCare choices for 2018.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Indeed. For those that have common sense, we all saw that this guy was dangerous since day one. As I have said many times in previous post about this abomination of a president, people are going to die under his presidency. If this or any war comes to fruition, 1000's will prove me right (not that I wanted to be right).

originally posted by: underwerks
So Trump wants to play with people's lives just to give himself a win.

That says a lot.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Getting rid of Obamacare is anti-working class?????

The ACA is nothing more then the slow, painful robbing of the middle class. I am so sick of the pro-ACA propaganda.

20 million people won't "lose" health coverage, they will CHOOSE not to purchase it, just like before they were FORCED by the IRS to purchase overpriced worthless health insurance from mega corporations.

I could care less what Trump does at this point, as long as he gets rid of this garbage theft program.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: olaru12

Wall Street Journal: Top 20% of Taxpayers almost 90% of TAXES

www.wsj.com...

That's still another blog from Laura Sanders. I don't care if it's from the wjs. Verifiable number please.

Naw. I've done my due diligence. You are now welcome to post equally reputable sources to Market Watch and the Wall Street Journal to refute the established fact that the top 20% of tax payers pay almost 90% of taxes.

While you're wasting your time trying to do that, how about you tell me who pays for single-payer healthcare in the United States when the bottom 60% of earners pays no taxes.

So is federal income tax the only tax in the US?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

We don't have any classes in the USA, we are not a caste system

Yes we do an yes it is. Almost all the best paying jobs and positions in America go to people from wealthy families who can afford to send their kids to Ivy league schools.

If you're from a rich family you can run for office with no experience and win easily due to family wealth like W's nephew did. There are no poor people in congress, and almost none from the middle class.
edit on 15-4-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The ACA is nothing more then the slow, painful robbing of the middle class. I am so sick of the pro-ACA propaganda.

And I'm sick of the clueless idiots that don't get the fact that the whole impetus for ACA --- and the attempts for a similar solution over the last couple of decades --- is to stem the skyrocketing losses that have forced hospitals to close at an increasing and alarming rate. Uninsured WILL seek treatment at hospitals when they need it and hospitals WILL continue to collapse under the ever increasing volume of unpaid service. Unless you plan to deny people medical treatment, something has to be done --- unless you don't mind driving your critically ill child to a hospital 2-1/2hrs away in the middle of the night.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I love this and it's starting to make sense.

Trump has a business background. It seems like he's using a rapid iteration strategy, which cycling through a variety of approaches until something sticks

This particular approach really puts the pressure on. Democrats always profess wanting to help the poor. If they do nothing, it will sully their reputation to some extent. Trump is already the bad guy and his backers want him to pull the plug, so he has little to lose. It's a win win, either he gets leverage or compliance. Of course, I'm sure they'll be able to cook up a lot of other options, but it's a solid starting point.

The only thing I don't love is the crash they rolled out last time. If we have to replace, then at least make it good. Apparently that's impossible. I'd rather just hit repeal and call it good.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: olaru12

Wall Street Journal: Top 20% of Taxpayers almost 90% of TAXES

www.wsj.com...

That's still another blog from Laura Sanders. I don't care if it's from the wjs. Verifiable number please.

Naw. I've done my due diligence. You are now welcome to post equally reputable sources to Market Watch and the Wall Street Journal to refute the established fact that the top 20% of tax payers pay almost 90% of taxes.

While you're wasting your time trying to do that, how about you tell me who pays for single-payer healthcare in the United States when the bottom 60% of earners pays no taxes.

So is federal income tax the only tax in the US?

Congress can pass any form of tax. That's why Obamacare had to be passed as a tax. Even the Constitution-hating leftists knew that if they tried to ram Barrycare down our throats as yet another entitlement, the SCOTUS would likely overturn it.

Obama spent months blatantly lying to Americans that Obamacare WAS NOT a tax. And now the whole thing is collapsing...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not holding my breath,

Both ends of political spectrum are bought paid for and owned by medical, Insurance and legal industries.

All that has happened and all I can see happening are various schemes dividing an ever more expensive pie.

No one is addressing the elephant in the room issue of just why is that pie so expensive in first place. Seems this aspect is purposely ignored or shunted to background as masses clamor about false promise of insurance coverage for everything.

Were politicians concerned about fixing Heathcare they'd start with cost not pie cutting techniques.

100+ year old laws covering monopolies and collusion applied instead of ignored would go long ways to making affordable healthcare.

Insurance is only needed for catastrophic or chronic health issues were drugs, testing, imaging and preventive care costs brought back in line.

I'm talking routine costs below your cell, cable, interent or eating out budgets, probably cost equal or less than any one those items - yet most insist on paying a middleman for what should be flat fee services - dumb.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Let's be honest. Insurance companies are destroying healthcare and people's lives. The best solution sees an end to their reign. Single Payer.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Let's be honest. Insurance companies are destroying healthcare and people's lives. The best solution sees an end to their reign. Single Payer.

What is Single Payer?

Not to derail the thread. Is there already a separate thread explaining it?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join