It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35s heading to Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The first deployment of the F-35A is preparing to depart for Europe. A "small number" of aircraft from the 388th Fighter Squadron based at Hill AFB in Utah will depart this weekend for a location in Europe. They will spend several weeks in various locations training with local units, and teaching them about the aircraft. The deployment is part of the European Reassurance Initiative.

The Air Force’s F-35A is deploying internationally for the first time this weekend, heading to Europe to conduct training exercises with NATO allies, the Pentagon announced Friday.

The Defense Department offered sparse details about the event, which will involve deploying a “small number” of F-35As from the 388th Fighter Squadron at Hill Air Force Base, Utah to an undisclosed location in Europe.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We spreading more freedom in Europe?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

We always have units rotating through Europe. Several F-15 units were just there passing through.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

While I generally appreciate the content of your posts, I feel that drawing extra attention to the movement of our brethren is irresponsible. Oh, I'm sure that multiple news agencies cover it too but I don't think that they should.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt - and all that.

I would surmise to say that if CNN & FOX were around when Sun Tzu was alive, The Art of War would never have been written. Giving up strategic movement, regardless of the reason, shouldn't be allowed.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The deployment is part of the European Reassurance Initiative.

Lol, the hi cost to lift ratio, you mean.

Heres some hi priced Wundewaffe jets, great for sneaking up on the fabricated enemy. Totally devastating, until they run out of missiles or need $pare part$.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

It was on social media. It's all over the net already, and spotter groups are planning their trips to the bases. The Air Force made the announcement. If they didn't want it known, they wouldn't have said anything until they were there.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Strategically undisclosed.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Was beat to the punch.
edit on 4/14/17 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PRSpinster

While I generally appreciate the content of your posts, I feel that drawing extra attention to the movement of our brethren is irresponsible. Oh, I'm sure that multiple news agencies cover it too but I don't think that they should.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt - and all that.

I would surmise to say that if CNN & FOX were around when Sun Tzu was alive, The Art of War would never have been written. Giving up strategic movement, regardless of the reason, shouldn't be allowed.

Part of having super awesome weapons that nobody can touch is the fear instilled in your enemies knowing they are deployed.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's not like spies aren't already at bases any ways watching aircraft movement.

They would of known eventually.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Zaph probably thread drift, but as I recall we should be in a time frame for one of the 'black' projects from the green lady thread being public. Did we ever make one of those public and I missed it?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

No, not yet. If I'm right, there's a lot more than just the basic program being done, so it's going to take longer than expected.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Last time the jets went on a "training mission" they were really, *really* needed at home... Just saying.

eta: not the literal last time
edit on 14-4-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Last time the jets went on a "training mission" they were really, *really* needed at home... Just saying.

eta: not the literal last time

Well, someone's got to train our Navy guys for when the Queen Elizabeth class carrier(s) come into service next year. Otherwise we would be landing nothing but helicopters. I'm pretty sure the F35 is slightly different to the Sea harrier

edit on 2017-04-14T12:51:27-05:002017Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:51:27 -0500bFriday5104America/Chicago1712 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Whats the chances of them coming to lakenheath uk do you think ?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: yittak

They'll probably stop there for crew rest. Mildenhall is supposed to be closed until Tuesday, so they'll have to stop somewhere else. I'll almost guarantee that they'll be there at some point in their deployment though.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

From what I've read.

It's like flying silk.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

The Harrier requires an area something like 6 feet to put the nose gear down. The F-35 requires about a foot and a half. It's almost intuitive now. Harrier pilots are actually at a disadvantage over F-18 and other pilots, because the system is changed a lot. In the Harrier the throttle controlled up and down, and the control stick left and right. In the F-35, it's a side stick controller, and you control the vertical portion like normal flight. Pull back and go up, push forward and go down, etc.

a reply to: grey580

That's an understatement.
edit on 4/14/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Six F-35As landed at Lakenheath.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Pity they didn't visit overhead here, would of loved to of seen them, we seem to be near a low level military etc corridor but at the speed those babies fly at by the time i'd of heard even a rumble I bet they'd be over the horizon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join