It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FGM: Detroit doctor Jumana Nagarwala faces life in jail for female genital mutilation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Don't forget male circumcision. It's been around for centuries. Christians, Muslims and Jews stand by the practice.

Here I hold my hands up in ignorance .....but many men I believe also have it

done by choice?

However even if circumcision id done at a very early age it doesn't cause life long

medical problems or sexual enjoyment? as does fgm in normal human areas as in

reopening to give birth and monthly problems etc.....

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Mario mentioned FGM like it's the only example of genital mutilation. I pointed out male circumcision.

Both customs apply to babies and young children who don't have the option to decline. These are painful operations. My point being that it's fine and 'traditional' to circumcise boys for religious values and it's abhorrent to do so to girls. There's a double-standard in there imo and that's where I was leading.

Circumcision for males can be a clinical procedure and done for cosmetic reasons or medical ones. It's also cultural.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Cygnis

In some Jewish circles it's done with teeth.

a reply to: musicismagic

I don't know. Let's hope not.

You got this wrong, too.

www.come-and-hear.com...

MISHNAH. WE PERFORM ALL THE REQUIREMENTS OF CIRCUMCISION ON THE SABBATH. WE CIRCUMCISE, UNCOVER [THE CORONA], SUCK [THE WOUND], AND PLACE A COMPRESS AND CUMIN UPON IT. IF ONE DID NOT CRUSH [THE CUMiN] ON THE EVE OF THE SABBATH, HE MUST CHEW [IT] WITH HIS TEETH AND APPLY [IT TO THE WOUND] …

You have been informed by fake anti-Semitic articles (I know as I have read the same articles online, too, and they are UTTER LIES). They deliberately took the chewing of the cumin and fabricated that as actually biting off the foreskin. That is not true in Judaism.

It was oral suction, not biting off the foreskin. It was a ritual of sucking the blood from the penis after removing the foreskin.

I once had a dream about that. It was like an old genetic memory came up into my unconscious through the dream from days long gone. I am half Jewish.

PLEASE don't believe everything you read. You KNOW how anti-Semitic people can be and they will spread hateful lies about us. Try and use your powers of observation and critical analysis when reading. It will stop all these errors.

It is a very old ritual that is not practiced by Western Mohel any more (if it is it would be very rare and not part of usual Jewish culture). There may be some pockets of orthodox tradition left that do that, but it was never a sexual act. It is called metzitzah b'peh.

I am glad I had my dream about it. It was an amazing experience to have a genetic memory enter my unconscious dream time. If that had been done to me in real life I think I might have felt traditionally quite proud and would not see myself as having been abused.

Male circumcision does not destroy pleasure like FGM. There is a HUGE difference as to why FGM is practiced. I think it has to do with denying a woman sexual pleasure so she will stay obedient and faithful to a man and not be tempted sexually. Yes, that is truly barbaric, but male circumcision is a tradition and many many millions of Jews and Muslims practice that. Nearly ALL the males who have had it approve of it having been done to them.

Yes, there are real dangers. Children even died from it in the past and infections do happen of course. We all have a choice whether we want our boy children to have it done or no. Those outside of the tradition don't have to agree or like it, but we must be accurate when we describe customs and rituals so as not to demonize certain peoples with lies and fabrication.

edit on 14-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Male circumcision is an unnecessary operation imposed on young children for cultural reasons. Are we measuring the rights and wrongs by how much pain is involved?

We all have a choice whether we want our boy children to have it done or no. Those outside of the tradition don't have to agree or like it, but we must be accurate when we describe customs and rituals so as not to demonize certain peoples with lies and fabrication.

^^^ Isn't that EXACTLY what those would say who practice FGM?? It is, isn't it! Non-Muslims don't need to agree or like it. They're outside the tradition and don't understand.

The link I used about circumcision and ultra-orthodox Jews is an Israeli news site and not an anti-Semitic hate-site.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Male circumcision does not destroy pleasure like FGM. There is a HUGE difference as to why FGM is practiced. I think it has to do with denying a woman sexual pleasure so she will stay obedient and faithful to a man and not be tempted sexually. Yes, that is truly barbaric, but male circumcision is a tradition and many many millions of Jews and Muslims practice that. Nearly ALL the males who have had it approve of it having been done to them.

^^^^this^^^^ In the cultures which practice fgm ...

Is the sum total of the matter.... A woman is considered the property of the

man, she has no other value she is a non person

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

JESUS WOULD HAVE HAD HIS PENIS SUCKED BY A MOHEL and His Disciples, too.

What Is Oral Suction Circumcision and Where Does It Come From? read more: www.haaretz.com...

What is oral suction circumcision, or metzitzah b'peh, and where did it come from? Though to a small number of observant communities, the practice is routine and normal, to cosmopolitan sophisticates it may seem pretty gruesome. After the mohel cuts off the foreskin, he uses his mouth – oral suction, rather than say a sponge - to effectively clear the wound on the baby's penis of blood, lest it clot and decay. As for where it arose, metzitzah b'peh is a time-honored tradition codified in the most important Jewish scripts, much like circumcision itself. read more: www.haaretz.com...

edit on 14-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Male circumcision is done with Catholics as well...in my experience every boy had it done.

No complaints here...

In high school we discussed it in religion class. The teacher asked us in class by a raise of hand...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

Yeah it's common enough.

My point was that people don't care at all about male circumcision and do care about FGM. A double-standard even though FGM is by far the worse of the two procedures.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

does it involve biting off any part of the penis shaft? because that is the ORGAN in the same way the CLITORIS is a sexual ORGAN, not a flap of skin.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Lets hope this sends a message out to them doing this in our Societies. It can't be allowed and neirther should the eligion for that matter but the Governments wanted it here and its possibly too late to stop it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My point was that people don't care at all about male circumcision and do care about FGM. A double-standard even though FGM is by far the worse of the two procedures.

Not speaking from personal experience, but.... most males seem to say that

circumcision enhances their sex lives?

And as erikthegreen says "no complaints here"...

But FGM destroys more than the sexual experience, and never once

has a woman come out in praise of it!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

JESUS WOULD HAVE HAD HIS PENIS SUCKED BY A MOHEL and His Disciples, too.

What Is Oral Suction Circumcision and Where Does It Come From? read more: www.haaretz.com...

What is oral suction circumcision, or metzitzah b'peh, and where did it come from? Though to a small number of observant communities, the practice is routine and normal, to cosmopolitan sophisticates it may seem pretty gruesome. After the mohel cuts off the foreskin, he uses his mouth – oral suction, rather than say a sponge - to effectively clear the wound on the baby's penis of blood, lest it clot and decay. As for where it arose, metzitzah b'peh is a time-honored tradition codified in the most important Jewish scripts, much like circumcision itself. read more: www.haaretz.com...

How do yall get away with using the words on here you are using?

I used the same last night on another thread and got a t&c violation...lol

People keep asking why the fmg is applied to young women.

Ill tell you (hope I dont get banned) the reason is to prevent promiscuity in unmarried young women. It also resolves any performance issues some males may have. While also giving reassurance to some males on his brides fidelity. In other words, prevent the woman from having any desire to be sexual. A trait not accompanied with male circumcision.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I'm fine with disagreeing on this. I see both as unnecessary operations on children.

It's cool that others disagree and I've no more words left to say the same thing over

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Now to wait 50 years more for male genital mutilation ban.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

This is an adult discussion??

Ill tell you (hope I dont get banned) the reason is to prevent promiscuity in unmarried young women. It also resolves any performance issues some males may have. While also giving reassurance to some males on his brides fidelity. In other words, prevent the woman from having any desire to be sexual. A trait not accompanied with male circumcision.

Thats exactly what I've been saying .....

In those cultures which practice it ... women have the value of a possession

of the male, they are non people.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just wait until Islam has enough population in the west, about 4 or 5 generations from now, to start influencing elections and setting policy. It's going to be a mess.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

a reply to: 727Sky

The backward BS people do on this planet is insane. FGM is bad enough when being done by Third World tribes and they have the excuse of being ignorant. A piss poor excuse at that. Seeing a western doctor doing this is contemptible.

Bear bile, tiger penis, white rhino horn, FGM etc. Backward traditions. No justification for them

Being a WOMAN a doctor and therefor well educated......

HOW COULD SHE

There is no excuse. Make an example of her

This shows us how powerful the faith is in the people of Islam.
Has anyone mentioned Islam yet?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Now to wait 50 years more for male genital mutilation ban.

Yeah, anyway!
No one asked me if I wanted part of my weiner sliced off when I was 2 days old.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Typically American men are circumcised, and although many may be Christians it is not a religious act. In this country it is done for heath and hygiene. (I'm just sayin', don't want to debate it; we've had these debates before on ATS and people in Europe are always horrified, but at infancy it takes practically no time to heal, and it also improves the appearance)

That is all.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

This is an adult discussion??

Thats exactly what I've been saying .....

In those cultures which practice it ... women have the value of a possession

of the male, they are non people.

Yeah I know.
I thought the conversation I was in last night was an adult conversation too.

Very ironic that this was exactly what I was reffering to in the other thread, in a non vulgar and appropriate response for the post I replied to.

I wake up this morning to the news on this very topic. And a t&c violation/post removal.

Very much aware of the true reason behind these practices.

But I would like to point out the seriousness of the emotional/psychosexual abuse.

Conveniently, some "cultures" (your adjective, not mine) favour healthy sexual development in the men only. It only goes to show the inherent and numerous weaknesses men of these "cultures" possess.

Takes out the "why" they are always angry with western values and willingly, fanatically blowing up themselves and others.

Hey 72 magic perpetual virgins!

Most the men I know would prefer a dozen adult film starlets.

Total cultural disconnect and GM is a large component as to why. Too much focus on not enjoying sex, is just as bad as too much focus on enjoying sex. One causing abundantly more issues than than the other imo.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join