It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ready 'to launch PREEMPTIVE STRIKE if North Korea threatens NUCLEAR weapons blast'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
U.S. May Launch Strike if North Korea Reaches for Nuclear Trigger www.nbcnews.com...

The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News. North Korea has warned that a "big event" is near, and U.S. officials say signs point to a nuclear test that could come as early as this weekend. Play Exclusive: US Considers Possible Strike to Stop North Korea Nuke Test Facebook Twitter Embed Exclusive: US Considers Possible Strike to Stop North Korea Nuke Test 2:54 The intelligence officials told NBC News that the U.S. has positioned two destroyers capable of shooting Tomahawk cruise missiles in the region, one just 300 miles from the North Korean nuclear test site.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
twitter.com... Recent footage shows a lot of #Chinese military vehicles deploying toward #NorthKorea border (prob. AirDef systems)

Russia reportedly moved military vehicles (Air Def) toward Vladivostok not far from the border w/ North Korea already-happened.com... this-night/
twitter.com...
edit on 14-4-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am seriously disturbed by some of the comments on here lately. "Arrrgh, me want bombs and war!" "Me hate bad dictators so much and don't care who dies trying to kill them!" "Me scoff at idea bad dictators might have bad weapons they can use!" "Me so tough!"

Bleh.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

When bread and circuses start to fail give em a war.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Attacking N Korea would be the biggest mistake in US history.

The US cant beat N Korea in a long war and risk a war with China who they also can't beat. They got their ass kicked in Vietnam and couldn't beat them in the first Korean war in the 50's.... All they could do is waste more millions with some kind of symbolic missile strike.
edit on 14-4-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Just because I don't support Trump doesn't make me a Lefty. I don't support Clinton or the Democrats either.

The world isn't as black and white as you want it to be.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

"No End" that's what TPTB want. Keeps their pockets lined.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
EVACUATION ALARMS GO OFF IN CAPITAL CITY OF PYONGYANG www.disclose.tv...

Just curious how legit this is of a source. Disclose tv sounds kind of live leakish to me.

(I love the creepy sound of sirens like that)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
4.30 Am local time the journalists are called to gather without phones etc. Now it is 3:30 AM

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

practically everything is legit when we have seclusive state, and when the people do not have such big interest to falsify such things. When Israel made country wide drill to enter bunkers, no one doubted it happened.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Today is Good Friday!
For everyone who wants to watch the Way of the Cross from the Coliseum with pope Francis live now www.youtube.com...
pray for peace, or better say, for wisdom

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Never forget it was Clinton who allowed NK to develop nukes, just like Obama did with Iran.

"Before I take your questions, I'd like to say just a word about the framework with North Korea that Ambassador Gallucci signed this morning. This is a good deal for the United States," Clinton said at the press conference.

"North Korea will freeze and then dismantle its nuclear program. South Korea and our other allies will be better protected. The entire world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons.

"South Korea, with support from Japan and other nations, will bear most of the cost of providing North Korea with fuel to make up for the nuclear energy it is losing, and they will pay for an alternative power system for North Korea that will allow them to produce electricity while making it much harder for them to produce nuclear weapons.

"The United States and international inspectors will carefully monitor North Korea to make sure it keeps its commitments. Only as it does so will North Korea fully join the community of nations."

edit on 14-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That's because they are all in cahoots. Never forget that Trump is longtime friends with the Clintons.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Trump may be going crazy...

An attack on Syria….drops this super bomb on Afghanistan….and now is threatening a crazy man who has nuclear weapons with a war

I think we are in serious trouble

This idea of attacking NK, I wonder what the people in S. Korea feel about this. They would likely be the most affected by any response by Kim to such an attack.

www.latimes.com...

During an earlier showdown with North Korea in 1994, the Clinton administration weighed airstrikes to prevent North Korea from reprocessing fuel rods from its Yongbyon nuclear complex. The plan was scuttled after computer simulations showed that up to 1 million people could be killed by North Korean retaliation. The casualties could be even larger today because of new real estate developments in the northern suburbs of Seoul, Baker said.Text

edit on 14-4-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
twitter.com... @inside_nk

Pyongyang Central Broadcasting Station releases a statement

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

China is our only hope now after reading that.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What's sad imo, is not that Trump is doing this.. it is why he is doing it. I don't think he is trying to make the U.S. great again. I think he is trying to show how "tough" he is. He has made one bad decision after another, in his rabid rush to complete his Presidency bucket list. Poorly put together travel ban, sad attempt at a hurried replacement for Obamacare, an attack on Syria that accomplished pretty much nothing other than to show the rest of the world how trigger happy he is, and now.. NK.. and who knows what is next.

He is not even close to political - which is bad, because regardless of how much you hate politicians and the games they play, they also play by a set of rules to keep a balance between countries. Something Trump utterly lacks. Some may think that's a good thing. It's really not a good thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Swills

HAHA I can spot the lefty in this room thats okay i love lefties I love the military and Ill be the first to sign up gaurantied if theirs a war because im happy to fight for my country unlike snowflakes bush was the balsiest president since Reagan and reagan was the only president with balls since Ike remember Ike?

My balls are so big they bang against my knees OUCH!!

you wont pass the punctuation and spelling test mate..You might get in the girl scouts though.

But i warn you know....Selling Cookies is hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just curious, maybe more than just...

Say the test/launch are administered as NK is planning it to take place, launching a missile, presumably with a live nuclear war-head?
Say that tomahawks are sent to 'neutralize the threat', but they just make the nuclear detonation occur as a result of shooting it down?

The only course of action in my mind is to make the launch site unavailable for use, without the use of nuclear fallout, EMP and all that follows a nuclear detonation.

Will the test not be a launch, but happen underground? If underground- kinda late to the game isn't it, using tomahawks?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

eh we killed a good deal of the vietnamese population destroyed a good deal of their ecosystem and admitdily kind of left on our own for political reasons,then the chinese invaded and were also pushed out by the vietknong . in the first korean war china was on their side this time i dont think that will be the case

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join