It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Of The Flood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok, I have an idea.

Since you christians are all scientists, and know of all this evidence of a global flood that rose above all of the mountains and such, prove it to me.

I want you to go out and do your leg work. I will go to answers and genesis and other sights such as that to see what you will be writing now, so I can prepare my responses to the copy, pastes.

Show me the evidence. I want to know places, and scientific data that proves a global flood of at least 30000 feet deep as would be required. I want to see the evidence you all know of. Please, enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
do the leg work yourself seapeople, you dont want answers you want to justify yourself and you cant.....you say you want answers? you dont want text book! you dont want christian science websites, you wont listen to the bible, well there is only one thing left to say! in your quest for knowledge you have come up on dry ground, want to know why? the fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom, without him you cannot understand...you dont listen you dont learn! you are ever seing not percieving , ever hearing not listening, your heart has become callosed.........i just want you to know that your perception does not alter reality! he came to that wich was his own but his own did not recieve him...he came to be the light in the darkness but the darkness did not percieve him!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I honestly am looking into all of the evidence I can find regarding this issue. This is why i havent been around all that much in the last day and a half. Honestly, there is absolutely no evidence ANYWHERE of a global flood. The reason you ask me to do the legwork is that you know that.

You have called me narrowminded and other things lately, yet you wont even look into what you are telling me. You say there is evidence of a global flood because some christian leader told you there was. Meanwhile, that is completely false. There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of anything of the sorts. There is however, evidence of local and regional floods of substantial size. They have occured in may places. Some even close to Iraq and other places where christianity is believed to have originated. Even those large floods that there is evidence for however, were nothing compared to what is described by most christians. At the very best scenerio for the flood, a large aread flood may have occured. It may be where the story originated, but by no means was there ever a global flood.

I would like to point out something else. In reading the bible I noticed that it says in genesis that Noah took a pair of ALL ANIMALS ALIVE. I am not sure who said this too me, and I am thjinking it was you, told me that dinosaurs were killed in the flood. I will have to go back and read some threads. In any case, according to the bible, that just isn't true. I wonder then, what could have happened to the dinosaurs. Can you give me your opinion?

Now continuing with the "legwork". I want you to understand that I am not being narrowminded and in fact am seeking both points of view. I am doing the legwork. Still, no flood.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't really fall on either side of this argument.
I just thought I'd say that different people interpret the bible in different ways. look at Catholics and Jehovah's witness for example. They both read from the bible but both religions are very different, even conflicting.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
on the issue of dinosaurs i believe that a global flood would definatly have wiped them out...that being said i believe they are still alive today! how can that be? i will tell you how.. when the waters of heaven broke forth and the waters of the deep broke open our earth changed dramaticly! god said to noah "and mans days will be 120 years," and from the flood on, mens life span began to decrease. that would mean so did the animals, like(reptiles)!!! i just wonder what you think would happen to a reptile, if it lived 600 years, was put in an o2 tent and ate the best stuff around? i think this is a dinosaur, we have them today (smaller) we had them then (bigger) and the ones who did not make it onto the ark are the fossils we find now. what kind of fact are you looking for in your search for a global flood? and what will you accept as credited? anything non-secular science? do you want web sites? do you want books? do you want pictures? do you want names of scientists? what is it that you need?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Although creationism and catastrophism, as opposed to evolutionary uniformitarianism, does represent a minority view in science today, it is an increasingly recognized view. For example, the Creation Research Society, organized in 1963, has had over 700 scientist members in its membership, committed to belief in special creation and the worldwide Flood. This organization publishes a quarterly journal of scientific articles refuting evolutionism and supporting the Biblical record of creation and the Flood. There is not only overwhelming Biblical testimony, but also adequate supporting scientific data, to warrant acceptance of the universality of the Noahic Flood."

here is a good place to start seapeople... I.C.R contact someone there and read what they have to say, call them up, or find them on the web...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just to show that I am not a liar, you did something in a previous thread that I often call christians out on but they deny. You made something up. Well, not exactly. I have little faith in a devoted christians ability to think for themselves, so someone made something up and you repeated it.

Tell me, where the bible does it say, after the flood, animal life spans decreased. Yes it speaks that way of humans, but where does it mention animals? For you to assume that, means that you are trying to fill gaps in the bible with words that were not in the bible, which by the way is strictly forbidden:

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God shall add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. (Rev 22:18,19)

Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words Lest He reprove you, and you be proved a liar. (Pr 30:5,6)

Note my favorite part about being proven a liar......nice touch IMO. It seams like they were really trying to stop people from doing exactly what you just did now doesnt it....(I can't wait to hear you make something up to say no).

[edit on 2/3/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Dinosaurs were wiped out in the flood the same way humanity was.
They survived it the same way humanity did.

Want to see where they all went?
Look in your gas tank.

As for the flood and 30K feet of water , google for the Hydorplate theory.

www.halos.com...

check out the movies on that page. If you actually wish to go through with this, there is much on those movies that we will be talking about.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (short pause) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!! (Again short pause to begin to type...cant hold it) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ok,

For all of those out there wondering why I am laughing.

"Earth Science Associates" "The Young Age Of The Earth" "Irrefuteable Evidence of the Earths Young Age"

All written on the same page. Now thats funny stuff.

Something else funny, "If you actually wish to go through with this". Jake, I do want to go through with this. You already make me laugh.

After watching the video, I am left flabberghasted at how humiliated someone who believes this nonsense must be. Tell me again Jake, why it is acceptable for a fundamentalist christian to make up peices of the bible in order to fix its problems? Not only is it made up, its made up nonsense, and its made up nonsense from a group called earth science associates. Nice touch. I am going to go find out what degrees in theology these guys have...its like answers in Gen.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Perhpas we could instead have a moderated debate on the scientific/nonscientific validity of the various dating methods.
The scientific validity of evolution
The qualifications of evolution to the title of 'Theory' as opposed to 'idea'.

Or we can sit back and show our intelligence by saying
"HAHAHA".
I really dont have time for that myself.

PS:
Its common practice for evolutionists/long agers to attack the source when they cant refute the evidence. Looks like your going right down that path now ehh.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
" there is absolutely no evidence ANYWHERE of a global flood."

what is it, like over 75 percent of earth is covered in water, isnt it? gahh- if u cant find ANY evidence, u aint looking hard enough dawg

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
"Earth Science Associates" "The Young Age Of The Earth" "Irrefuteable Evidence of the Earths Young Age"

All written on the same page. Now thats funny stuff.

After watching the video, I am left flabberghasted at how humiliated someone who believes this nonsense must be.

I saw that site for the trailor the other day and almost watched it but I'm scared of net herpes.
Then I saw they wanted $45 for the full version with "even more convincing proof..." :shk:

What's funny to me is how facts are usually free, but snakeoil never is.

Okay, so peg me a "long ager" then. You know creationism is fine (whatever), catastrophism (whatever)...but the very small (and I mean TINY) number of people that still think the earth is less than 6,000 years old (or flat resting upon four pillars for that matter) need to seriously re-examine where they're getting their information.

I mean basically you'd have to put forth a Matrix arguement that all we see around us is fake, and "God" is just decieving us with contrary evidence the Earth is much older. Which is fine I suppose, if you want to believe God is a deciever.

Don't any "long ager" Christians want to chime in here?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nah

You dont want GAPers to chime in now do ya?
Then it will go into a bible only conversation.

As for the long age, and science, I feel quite capable of leveling the playing field via the challenge made in my previous post.
The simple facts are, there is no science to support long ages, and none to support evolution.

The same things that are cited as evidence, ...fossils, strata, coal, oil, missing species...all support the bible.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Nah

As for the long age, and science, I feel quite capable of leveling the playing field via the challenge made in my previous post.
The simple facts are, there is no science to support long ages, and none to support evolution.

The same things that are cited as evidence, ...fossils, strata, coal, oil, missing species...all support the bible.

No scientific facts to support long ages of the earth? Well I suppose some people are willfully ignorant to reality due to their own fears.

P.S. There is more to the whole story concerning the age of the earth, none of which supports the bible. Furthermore, the crack pot evidence shown to support things in the bible from science, normally does exactly the opposite if you pay attention. But hey, if christians payed attention, they wouldn't be christian....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oh, and sorry to double post here, but I would like to point something out.

NOONE HAS EVEN ATTEMPTED TO GIVE ME PROOF!! Afraid? Jake, why don't you go to a real website with real facts that are not completely falsified....research them first instead of believing they are true, then provide the proof you get from that. I'll just sit here and wait. Well, on second thought, I shouldn't bother waiting for the impossible to happen.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Huh? So according to yuor previous post dinosaurs walked the Earth at the same time as Noah. He just didn't happen to save two of each of those. And in the past 5 to 6 thousand years the dead ones became oil buried so deep underground that the strata rate of the last few thousand years (if it were to hold today) means I've gone another foot or two underground since I started writing this sentence. Wait, now I'm coal. Now I'm oil!

For the time estimates you believe to be adequate for what we observe in nature today, then we should be able to watch rivers carve giant rifts far deeper than the Grand Canyon before our very eyes. Contintents visibly shift and collide. Mountain ranges form and erode away. Never mind the fact that given the seed of light, God would have had to create the Universe with some suns already extinct and their resulting light already millions of years well on their way towards earth at the moment of creation.

If you beileve all that fine. But again, God would have to be a great deciever and this all just a Matrix sham of a reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
dude, i thought the thread was about the Flood! This it totally not even scientific, i hate science aside from bio. But I LOVE history and there is non-biblical evidence that supports the events of the Flood outlined in the Bible.

Check out the List of Sumerian Kings for example. They are divided into two sections, those who ruled before the flood and those who ruled after. Also, their life spans decreased dramatically.

Also, the Gilamesh Epic supports the Flood. The Gilamesh Epic sagas the life of the Babylonian King, Gilamesh. The best known copy was found in Nineveh, dating from 700 BC. It has details of a great flood brought on by the wrath of the gods and includes a hero who is told to build a ship and to take every kind of animal along. He used birds to see if the water had receeded.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by goronish
dude, i thought the thread was about the Flood!

I don't doubt there have been floods, and often point out the pre-existing Gilgamesh epic myself where Utnapishtim was warned to avoid the flood of a single city named Shuruppah by the God Ea to give "Noah believers" a bit of pause about the accuracy of their literalist "Genesis" beliefs.

What I do doubt is a global flood covered the earth in the past 6,000 years killing all but one man's family and the animals he had aboard, then receded back into the lands we have today populated by countless species and varying races of billions of humans.

It's unadulterated poppycock to think Kim Jong Il (for example) is a direct descendent of Noah or that entire species of animals and insects that only inhabit the South American rain forest made their way from parents on Noah's Ark in recent human history.

I mean come on. That's what the literalists are saying here!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Nah

the simple facts?
there is facts that supports *long ages*, they may not prove it, but they definately do support it, reguardless of what degree
there is facts that supports *evolution*, they may not prove it, but they definately do support it, reguardless of what degree

there is a difference between facts *supporting* a theory and facts *proving* a theory.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Jake,

You are saying I cannot refute the evidence? I am curious. What evidence? Please, as I have asked many times now. GIVE ME THE EVIDENCE!!!!

You sit here, and tell me what I should believe, and that I am ignorant, without even attemting to give a valid reason why. Thats because you don't have one. If you don't have time for "HAHAHA", then don't come at me with nonsense. Think for yourself (which I am sure you cannot because you are deeply conditioned by christianity). When you get over that, and accept reality, then come back here and tell me about your evidence. I can assure you, If you think for yourself, you wont provide information as ludicrous and falsified as that site you provided before.

And to my homy...Dawg.

If I cant find any evidence, I am not looking hard enough....Dawg. Interesting. I guess I am not looking hard enough yermon....why don't you help me and give me SOME FREEKING EVIDENCE instead of making un-thought out statements like that one. It makes you look bad. The burden of proof lies on the people with the impossible scenerios. You are the ones who have to prove that the earth was covered by water at least 30 thousand feet deep within the last 6000 years. Thats a funny thought. So, prove it Yermon. Stop telling me their is evidence, rather show me.

Now continuing to the next false statement. Goron, where in the freeking wolrd is there evidence of a 30000 feet deep flood all over the globe???? SHOW ME THIS EVIDENCE THAT YOU CLAIM TO HAVE!!!

I love it, christians and their..."I have evidence, there is evidence" nonsense. There is NO evidence for a global flood. None, zip, zelch. Still, not one person actually did their own thinking in trying to prove a flood. Not even one person actually provided one single peice of evidence to be quite honest. Not even 1!!!! Yet everyone is claiming that they know of evidence.....so, where is it?

[edit on 2/8/2005 by Seapeople]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join