It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan student beaten to death for "Blasphemy"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The West isn't too far behind with the vehemence of the PC/sensitivity police types.
You might be beaten to death at Berkeley for criticizing Saul Alinsky or mocking a Che Guevarra T-shirt.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The West isn't too far behind with the vehemence of the PC/sensitivity police types.
You might be beaten to death at Berkeley for criticizing Saul Alinsky or mocking a Che Guevarra T-shirt.

Pics or it didnt happen.
Im not one to typically come to the defense of anyone but the college crowd gets a bad rep; I dont think it is fair considering the folks we have teaching them atm. Better teachers equal better pupils, right?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The more we hear of these brutal and barbaric killings in the name of Islam, hatred for Muslims and their religion will only increase around the world. Even though some Muslims don't participate in this kind of violent and brutal killings, guilt by association will become the norm. Muslims around the world need to come to their senses, take their blinders off, and realize their religion is definitely not "peaceful." Why would they continue to follow such a belief when it drives other Muslims to commit such brutal atrocities against their fellow man?

It's really quite sickening and ignorant when people who profess to worship a loving God resort to such evil.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The more we hear of these brutal and barbaric killings in the name of Islam, hatred for Muslims and their religion will only increase around the world. Even though some Muslims don't participate in this kind of violent and brutal killings, guilt by association will become the norm. Muslims around the world need to come to their senses, take their blinders off, and realize their religion is definitely not "peaceful." Why would they continue to follow such a belief when it drives other Muslims to commit such brutal atrocities against their fellow man?

It's really quite sickening and ignorant when people who profess to worship a loving God resort to such evil.
I hear you man, but the thing is....
As an outsider we can't understand and never will be given acknowledgement of thoughts like this, we are merely the infidels. We ARE the devil in the flesh to most fanatics, if these people who think this extremely are not eliminated right now....very bad times ahead....just imagine the leaps and bounds being made with A.I.

Imagine an A.I. that can determine religious designations and act accordingly...its now or never. Sad But True.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Yeah disgusting, I saw the video before YouTube removed it.

This is David Wood talking about it and giving the verses where Mohammad ordered and allowed for the slaughter of anyone making fun of him or criticizing the demented freak that he was, women or men.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I am not anti-religious. I think people can believe or disbelieve whatever they wish. However, when those beliefs start intruding and trampling on the very fabric of HUMANITY, forget "society," it has been lost for a while, something needs to be done.

If the world woke tomorrow and somehow Religion had been wiped from the Human mind i truly believe that the world would be a much fairer, more tolerant and more peaceful place.

As this can never happen though, i will settle for this....people should be free to follow what ever magic bearded sky man (insert your Deity of choice here) they wish... but it should be a personal and private matter and kept/practiced as such, and not pushed onto others, i can respect that and in turn it would be appreciated if you respect my decision to not give a flying "F" about said Deity of choice.

That's it !!! no Churches, Mosque's or any other public places of worship no place in Schools or Politics Etc...

If you believe in a religion FINE but you practice that sh*t in private and it stays at home when you leave.

Just my humble opinion of course.

edit on 14-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

If the world woke tomorrow and somehow Religion had been wiped from the Human mind i truly believe that the world would be a much fairer, more tolerant and more peaceful place.

Can't help but agree with you there nickovthenorth - put me in mind of this quote:

"My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race."

—-Bertrand Russell,

Killing in the name of religion has probably got more to do with insecurity than anything else.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What?
No safe spaces for students in pakistan?

their safe space is called America

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Pics or it didnt happen.
Im not one to typically come to the defense of anyone but the college crowd gets a bad rep; I dont think it is fair considering the folks we have teaching them atm. Better teachers equal better pupils, right?

Middlebury College professor beaten by mob.

There are plenty of more detailed accounts than the one the WaPo gives. Basically, the professor, despite her own liberal views, was trying to help make sure the speaker in question got out uninjured through the mob which attacked her violently. It later turned out she received a concussion from this attack.

Murray, the speaker in question, had been invited by faculty, including the injured professor, to speak on his controversial research into, among other things, race. For this reason, he is labeled a racist which he may or may not be, but that is not the point. The point is that he was invited by college faculty, some of them very liberal, to present a differing and controversial viewpoint on a topic. Students were not compelled to attend or listen, but they attacked him for his views and research anyway and sought to make sure no one could hear anything or even challenge him during the arranged Q&A session.

As I said, we are not that far behind what was reported in this OP.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Any religion that prescribes death as a consequence for not believing in it should be banned.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

When your God lives in a book, the Devil lives in your heart. Islam and muslims have proven that the Devil lives in there hearts
they just kill kill kill, its the only religion that calls there Devils name wile killing people .

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22126143]Asktheanimals[/pos
Dont ever compare the West with these pigs of low IQ

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Even the Bible states, 'Do not do as the hypocrite does and pray publicly. Pray in secret to your secret God.' I am paraphrasing, but that's almost verbatim. Matthew 6:5. Look it up

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
We're living in a sick world. I remember back in the 90s when secularist and Christian writers were railing against the "new age" movement claiming it was going to "cast us back into the dark ages." Guess what. Islam and "Christianity" seems to be doing a bang up job of that with their renewed "crusade" bull#. But the "new age" movement is the bogeyman, right? "Ok."

Anyway, it seems like every other day we hear about some "honor" killing bull#, or some "we must kill all Muslims" #. In the meantime, the world boils and it's always some other ideology's or isms "fault."

Let's just cut to the chase. They're are religious fanatics who seem to think they have the "answers" and are above everyone else. Until that's eliminated, there's not going to be any peace of mind or otherwise.

I am not anti-religious. I think people can believe or disbelieve whatever they wish. However, when those beliefs start intruding and trampling on the very fabric of HUMANITY, forget "society," it has been lost for a while, something needs to be done.

Agree totally. But I would go a step further to the "angry mob". This intolerance is about group "A" believing they are right and group "B" are wrong to the point of being sub human. Once you de-humanise people you can burn them, gas them, chop them up into little pieces without ever feeling guilty. Now ask yourself has this de-humanising attitude been displayed here on ATS?......Hmmmm.....no difference really is there!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

No, there's no real difference. The same rationale can be applied to a whole host of Ideologies. Even within the mentioned "new age" movement there are those who think, quite staunchly, there needs to be a "cleansing."

It's amazing how people favor their ideology over basic humaneness.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
pretty ironic how they committed a blasphemous act (idolatry) to celebrate punishing a blasphemer...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We need this here in the US. Heresy beatings. I'd say after the meteor and ebola, what they are teaching US kids in school about the source of their origins is absolute heresy. ie. man evolved from monkey. Big Bang not guided by a Higher Power.

These teachings are considered heresy in Arab nations, and there is a good reason why. It determines a persons behavior if they believe they were created by a Higher Power. And this is why Arab nations have a much lower crime rate. Westerners engage in more crime because they believe they arrived on in the earth by means of a cosmic accidental burp called the Big Bang.

Therefore there are no consequences for their conduct.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Any religion that prescribes death as a consequence for not believing in it should be banned.

Perfectly put

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Thanks i felt some of my braincells commiting suciide after reading your post. There is no evidence or proof for the entity in the sky you call god or whatever. It's just another excuse to justify all the horrible acts humankind has done to themselves. F#ck your useless god i rather take my chances with the devil.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Not surprising at all, it's Pakistan!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join