It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel urges random police checks in Germany following Dortmund attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For reference, the Dortmund attack was a recent attempt by a possibly ISIS-linked Iraqi migrant to blow up a bus.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has responded to the Dortmund attack by criticizing North Rhine-Westphalia for not conducting random police checks. She went on to admit that not all refugees are “respectable,”

"North Rhine-Westphalia, for example, practices, regrettably, no random police checks."

“It would be very sensible to conduct these identity checks without suspicion in all states,"

Source
It seems Merkel's forced optimism is starting to change. Now she's urging police all across Germany to do random checks on refugees, even when there is no suspicion of wrongdoing. She has even gone so far as to admit that *gasp* "not all refugees are respectable". I'm afraid this is too little too late, however, as there are a already huge amount of undocumented "ghost" migrants all across Europe.
At least she's taking a small step in the right direction and admitting what everyone already knows.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So the woman who forced Germany to throw open its arms (and its legs) to refugees is now endorsing random police checks. Or was that the plan all along... Create instability, then promise stability with a stronger police presence.

Either way, its a little late to admit not all refugees are just peaceful migrants, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Create instability, then promise stability with a stronger police presence.

Crafty Germans are at it again...Japan is sitting this one out.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

V for Vendetta featured something similar where the Norsefire Party, a Neo Fascist Party, launched terrorist attacks and pinned the blame on Muslims in order to justify seizing power in the UK.

edit on 4/13/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Mobility is a fact of life in the modern world. Ironically it often seems to be the same people who are anti-immigration who are also the first to complain about a "police state" if someone dares to ask them questions.

There is no simple solution. Shutting down immigration is impossible. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot the human race so that people no longer self-identify according to which particular ancient myths they were indoctrinated with at an early age

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
F#ck you Merkel you lying pos. Don't get me wrong the attack on the BVB bus was a real tragedy but this bitch has the audacity to call out the police now? The berlin attack where people actually died got ignored but this attack took it too far and we need random police checks now? FFS shut the f#ck up Merkel.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Immigration is one thing. To openly invite millions of so-called refugees against the will of your own people, then admit that at least some of them are dangerous potential terrorists...thats entirely different. Unfortunately, Merkel won't get what she deserves and the good people of Germany will have to deal with this mess for years to come.

I started this thread in September of 2015. People jumped all over me for it. And it turns out I was right all along...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Rob48

Immigration is one thing. To openly invite millions of so-called refugees against the will of your own people, then admit that at least some of them are dangerous potential terrorists...thats entirely different. Unfortunately, Merkel won't get what she deserves and the good people of Germany will have to deal with this mess for years to come.

I started this thread in September of 2015. People jumped all over me for it. And it turns out I was right all along...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes it's already looking pretty bleak in regard of our next election. The german MSM is in full force to get Merkel reelected too. The sad part is Schulz her counterpart is just another Muppet. Why is it so difficult to find politicians who actually care about there own population instead of foreigners... Fixing our own problems first should always be the priority. F#ck i hope my fellow citizens don't fall for another tax cuts lie. Ah who am i kidding they probably will. F#cking generation X.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So the woman who forced Germany to throw open its arms (and its legs) to refugees is now endorsing random police checks. Or was that the plan all along... Create instability, then promise stability with a stronger police presence.

Either way, its a little late to admit not all refugees are just peaceful migrants, isn't it?

Wow, someone here actually knows how the political world works. Step up on ladder now and become a true leader of your Nation, please.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This is the only logical reasoning, either that or our leaders are completely inept.

Another scary part is all those screaming for more security and are to willingly giving up freedoms. Although I am not sure they quite understand the implications.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
For reference, it is unclear who committed the attack and there are significant doubts that there are links to ISIS or migrants.

Possible link to far-right

The team investigating Tuesday's attack on the Borussia Dortmund bus are examining the possibility that it could have been carried out by a far-right group. A report in Der Tagesspiegel, a Berlin-based daily newspaper, has claimed that it received an email on Thursday in which the author, who is anonymous, describes the attack on the bus as a 'final warning'. As well as this, the email mentions Adolf Hitler and criticises multiculturalism.

join