It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United passenger David Dao has concussion broken nose says dragging more horrific than Vietnam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It sickens me that no one got involved to help that man when he was being criminally assaulted. If I was there and saw that I would have given a serious nut kicking to the guy who was dragging him, even at the expense of myself being charged. I can't watch someone be assaulted and not defend them, but I can sleep at night knowing what it means to live with honor. Our society has become honor less, and because of that is the very reason pigs are abusing people like this. They wouldn't do that if they knew the public wouldn't stand for it.

I know what you mean. If these were airline personnel I would have done something. But these were cops who were already wound up and ready to go. Remember, cops use the excuse of "I feared for my life" when they use excessive force. These guys were on an airplane. Is there anyplace on earth where you can be more certain that the people around you are unarmed? I am absolutely certain they were the only ones with guns and pepper spray. And they were using the kind of tactics I would expect cops to use on the street to gain control of a situation quickly and establish a boundary. In such close quarters I think they would have drawn and fired on anyone who interfered.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

ya, that would have really made united's day, to have a couple of gun happy cops shooting up their plane while filled with passengers.... but these guys aren't really cops, they don't even get as much training as cops.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I said "most horrific", not "biggest". There is a difference. Mass genocide in my opinion is far more horrific than any war.

And why is the fact that they happened simultaneously relevant? Do you consider the Holocaust and WW2 to be the same event?
edit on 4/15/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So far, all three Aviation Police Officers involved are on administrative leave.
I really hope the new head of the CRD/DOJ steps in on this one.
A full blown Federal Civil Rights investigation is called for in this case.
There own IAD has, and always will coverup the facts.
Civil law suits will not change policy and procedure.

For those of you that may not know, there have been complaints and incidents such as this for decades involving CAP.
Finally it has come out into the light.
Will it change, who knows...........

Buck

edit on 15-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
it would be nice if United does not settle, and actual justice is served. rather like the idiots who tried to sue the movie theater now have to pay something like $400,000 to the theater company. in fact i would love to see United sue this idiot as well as the media for their fake news over this, for business losses.

the thing is out of all those involved, United is not actually guilty of any wrongdoing in this incident. first of all this has nothing to do with overbooking. it was about aircrew needing to go to the other airport. and flying the crew out is mandated by the laws and regulations all air carriers operate under. this is to keep air travel running as smoothly as possible. just think about it. 4 people inconvenienced, compared to possibly hundreds that might not get to their destination without that aircrew.

on the other hand this passenger not only broke the terms and conditions every air traveler agrees to. but isn't not doing as aircrew tell you now a Federal offense? that puts HIM squarely in the wrong. now there are several versions of what happened. he simply refused to get off of the aircraft being selected by a computer algorithm that uses things like order of ticket purchase, price paid, and time of check in to select people to get off. he originally volunteered to get off, then changed his mind. as well as having him leave the aircraft then illegally got back on the aircraft. but no mater what it was, he is primarily at fault for the incident. and since he was refusing to get off (or stay off), the airline had to follow proper procedure and report the problem to the airport. the airport then sent their security to remove the man. at this point we really do not know what happened. i have seen no footage that clearly shows what happened. all we know is we see the guy being dragged off and looking like he has some sort of facial injury. yet there is one thing we do know. he was still resisting. otherwise we would have seen him get up, gather his things and get off the aircraft (ok in all honesty we would not have seen that, because there would have been no juicy footage to spread across the net, we wouldn't even know it happened). we do not know what went on between him and security. was he actively fighting them, which could have resulted in his injury? was he just playing a dead weight, forcing them to extract him, possibly resulting in accidental injury? (which would still be mainly his fault). or did airport security use excessive force? we simply do not know. and that is being investigated, with those involved apparently suspended until the outcome of that investigation. the next thing we do know is that the guy was still resisting, since they literally had to drag him off the aircraft.

the reality is if he wants to sue, he should be suing the Chicago Airport, as it was their employees involved in the injuring of the man. not the airline. and it should be the Chicago airport receiving all the flack over this incident and not the airline.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join