It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I googled 'Has WW3 Started' and it seems I'm not the only one...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

With tensions rising between the US and North Korea, as well as Donald Trump's military escalation in Syria, it seems an air of concern has spread across the globe. Fittingly, Google searches for 'World War 3' have reached a record high.

The search term has rocketed during April 2017, hitting its all-time spike since Google started collecting trending records for search back in 2004.

In the past 30 days residents of the United States and UK top the list as the most interested region about the topic with related searches including 'has World War 3 been declared?' and 'Is there going to be a World War 3?' among the most queried.

Ibtimes.co.uk, April 13, 2017 - Google searches for 'World War 3' hit all-time high.

59 Tomahawk missiles launched at Syria, a MOAB dropped on ISIS in Afghanistan, and Glorious Leader doing whatever the h3ll he wants gets told, “Enough is enough. China if you do not take care of this, we [USA] will,” it would seem the world stands on the brink of World War III.

The chart was straight line over a 5 year period then started rising in March until this month when it “hit an all-time high.”

Like predicting where influenza has struck in what region, looking at the Google queries shows a general level of unease in the US and UK.

Just looking at ATS, the entire first page of the WW3 forum, all threads were started this month, April 2017.

Me, was just curious to see if there were "war monger" stories out there. Kind of like UFO sightings, just wanted to see an overview of tensions in general and ran across this story and had to share.

Gut check time, ATS! How do you feel about all this "wars and rumors of war"?
edit on 13-4-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar and formatting

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

This is funny considering how many Trump supporters told me they were voting for him to avoid WW3.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is funny considering how many Trump supporters told me they were voting for him to avoid WW3.

HRC beat the war drums much harder on the campaign trail than Trump ever did, especially in relation to Russia.

Why do you assume things would be better under her rule?
edit on 13-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
All we're seeing is sabre rattling and proxy war. The Big Boys haven't went toe to toe yet...and if they do......you'll have no doubt that WW3 has started.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So now the world is against bombing ISIS because Trump will be doing it? Funny how partisan politics work.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So you had to ask google?
Hhmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I mean, when you think about it, with the implementation of a new presidential term every half decade, we see a continuation of war efforts regardless of their magnitude. I don't think we can even call it 'WW3' considering things have been constantly ongoing. Sure, we're all waiting for the noticeable breaking point.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A tomahawk carries 1,000 pound ordinance. We dropped a 21,000 pound MOAB, nearly half of the Syria barrage. That's some major sabre rattling!

No doubt if the missiles fly between world powers. But the topic seems to be the rage on not just google but over on facebook too. The UK rags have picked up on this too (Daily Mail, Mirror, etc).

Just checking. Btw, I don't think it has started either. But we have whole generations now that did not live through the Cold War and they seem anxious.

a reply to: Bluntone22

Like I said, looking for stories to see who is saying what. The quoted story was the top return.

edit on 13-4-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: tag on reply

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just goes to show how the MSM has the ability to instill fear in the public!

Congratulation!

What can you or I do to stop it if it does happen?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
WW3 has not started. If you go through ATS people are always predicting WW3 because of one reason or another. It's all a bit repetative. It did not happen with Iran, Yemen, Turkey, Cyprus, Brexit, Immigration, Venezuala, South China Sea expansionism, Ukraine, Russian invasion of Crimea, Russian meddling in Georgia, the Arab Spring, Chad, Nigeria and so on.

When North Korea with Chinese and Soviet help invaded the South back in the 1950s, was that a World War? Nope.

If North Korea fired a nuke at South Korea is that World War. Nope. It would certainly be the end of the North though.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The afghan/muslim terrorist/ ISIS war started decades ago.

Time to finish it.

People are not used to the US actually fighting to win.

link   

I know! The very same people who said that are gung-ho about Trump starting it.

link   
WW3 nope... simple reason no mass activation of the reserves and guard beyond what has normally been happening since 2001.

you need manpower and pre-staged supplies to get the big dance started, neither is at that stage yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow people are stupid, asking google "has world war 3 been declared" and "is there going to be a world war 3"

For one I'm not sure if a world war is something that gets "declared" under the radar and without substantial news coverage.

That, and don't people know google is a keyword search and doesn't give yes/no answers?
edit on 13-4-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think the sharing of stories on the "Did you live through the Cold War" was a good start.

There have been threads by a couple other members worried about "the bomb" and wondering if we get any warning. So a bunch of us explained how Norad works, ICBMs, multi-war heads, thermonuclear weapons, all matter of fact-ly. Like we were sat down and talked to as young children before "duck and cover" drills.

Conversation. Not hyperbole. That's a good place to start.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Just goes to show how the MSM has the ability to instill fear in the public!

Congratulation!

What can you or I do to stop it if it does happen?

FEAR NOT!

FOR WE ARE ON. . . . . .

THE INTERNET!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

So now the world is against bombing ISIS because Trump will be doing it? Funny how partisan politics work.

I've always been against bombing other countries.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: seeker1963

I think the sharing of stories on the "Did you live through the Cold War" was a good start.

There have been threads by a couple other members worried about "the bomb" and wondering if we get any warning. So a bunch of us explained how Norad works, ICBMs, multi-war heads, thermonuclear weapons, all matter of fact-ly. Like we were sat down and talked to as young children before "duck and cover" drills.

Conversation. Not hyperbole. That's a good place to start.

What does worrying do for you when they are things out of your control?

Nothing! Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
edit on 13-4-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Not "stupid," more like, "young."

As I stated earlier, whole generations have no experience to base their expectations upon. This is the cell phone generation that did not live through the Cold War.

It does not surprise me in the least that a google for the various term combinations has increased. Ask a young person a question and they ask, "Can I google that?" It is how they operate in the modern world.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Another way to guage the global mindset, Global Consciousness Project. noosphere.princeton.edu...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join