It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in a simulation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The amount of data in the Universe is so extensive it may be that it can only be represented by reality itself. And there is computational parallelism down to the single most smallest measurable particle. So with the amount of computational parallelism going on, the computational complexity required to simulate all of reality would be equivalent or greater to everything that exists.

edit on 13-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Spacespider

If we are in a simulation...we arent real....really
O-RLY?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The amount of data in the Universe is so extensive it may be that it can only be represented by reality itself. And there is computational parallelism down to the single most smallest measurable particle. So with the amount of computational parallelism going on, the computational complexity required to simulate all of reality would be equivalent or greater to everything that exists.

The can very easily be explained away in with several arguments, but one is simply this:

The REAL universe or multiverse, in which ours is set up and simulated in is many orders of magnitude larger than ours, easily being able to provide the physical material required to build the machinery needed to simulate our much smaller universe.

edit on 14-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

You sound like a spell bot that's been corrupted by a programmer that's come out of school in the last 20 years, good at logic but bad in basic English
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You limit your imagination from your anthropomorphic perspective. The space required is irrelevant if we're talking about the possibilities of what could be stored in a medium such as "Gods Fart".

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

...we are not living IN a simulation, we are living OUT one.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Reminds me of this short video, this guy was on to something. He has many videos but this one sort of sums up your OP pretty good.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Exactly. In which case Reality would be equivalent to itself!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Exactly. In which case Reality would be equivalent to itself!

You didn't read my post about that does this doesn't have to be the case. The REAL universe could be many times larger than the simulated one providing more than enough physical material to stimulate our much smaller one.

Why on earth would an advanced civilization knowingly try and create a simulated universe so large they would never have the required physical mass to create the machinery for it? You're not thinking this though.
edit on 14-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Touche'. So true...I dont think its a simulation. It would be a very long and boring game with no real winners

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes. R-LY....or maybe not....really. We'd be a pretty boring game with no real winners....kind of like a massive chess game with mostly all Kings, Queens and Bishops...and just a few pawns to shove around the board.

MS

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yes. R-LY....or maybe not....really. We'd be a pretty boring game with no real winners....kind of like a massive chess game with mostly all Kings, Queens and Bishops...and just a few pawns to shove around the board.

MS

Well the meaning of life is that there is no real meaning to it. we are just here to gain experiences and grow as beings.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Youre absolutely correct. The meaning of life question answers itself: Life is to LIVE

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, ever since the early 2000s, millions of people live in simulations indeed. I've done it, but I come out of it after I master the simulation because I'm done.

Now to master life...

The universe is a program, but it is not a simulation; it's the only real deal.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimmycrackerson2

Predestination and an omnipotent deity that made you in his image already gave you that get out of jail free card.

Then apparently also bestowed the notion of freewill.

What a predicament.

Given the fact that both notions are so diametrically opposed.

edit on 14-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When I was a small kid I was thinking that when we incarnate here we are briefed and we can make a choice if we want to experience like like that or something else. That was in the early 90s. Scary to see it coming slowly from scientists but to be honest we have only scratched the surface and don't know the nature of the 'reality' to make any comparisons imo.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

everything serves a purpose. it doesnt have to be for me.

hahhah! spell bot. well. sorry. I thought you meant something else. but yes, my programmers isnt exactly called a native speaker of english in particular.
edit on 16-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join