It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals table bills to legalize pot, clamp down on impaired driving

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You have to admit that driving 5 Mph while eating 40 slices of pizza does hold up traffic just a little.

Buck

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What the frig ?!

30 grams will be allowed for possession ?!

You can usually get 3-4 rolled joints from one gram, so 30 grams is a huge amount....

That's like just over an ounce per person (I think an ounce is 28 grams ?)

Holy Big Gulp and Zesty Cheese Doritos, Batman !

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You can usually get 3-4 rolled joints from one gram, so 30 grams is a huge amount.... 

The last thing anyone wants when they're high is to have to go out and get more pot

edit on 13-4-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
What the frig ?!

30 grams is a little over an ounce. That may be a lot for an occasional smoker, but habitual smokers can go through an ounce in about a month or two. Maybe quicker depending on their smoking habits.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

The last thing anyone wants when they're high is to have to go out and get more pot

30 grams plus 4 plants growing in the backyard.... I won't be seeing any of my neighbours and friends leaving their houses for at least 5 days now.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

The Liberal government has tabled legislation to end the prohibition on pot and regulate it for recreational use, checking off a major campaign promise from the 2015 campaign. The legislation allows people to possess up to 30 grams of dried or fresh cannabis and sets the minimum at 18 years of age, though provinces can set a higher legal age. Consumers can grow up to four plants at home or buy from a licensed retailer. Dried and fresh cannabis and cannabis oil will be available first, with edible products to become available later, according to information provided to reporters by Health Canada.

Liberals table legislation to legalize pot by July 2018

Well, in the words of my son, "Dad, we won the war on drugs!"

Only conservatives are against pot in the US.

Actually, I think it is about being against stupid, stoned idiotic people who literally force you to take their drugs secondhand, even if you don't do drugs, by smoking it in common public spaces and places.

I have literally NEVER met someone who has gotten a contact high and I've been in some pretty smokey rooms with people not getting that contact high. This is a myth.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

30 grams is a little over an ounce. That may be a lot for an occasional smoker, but habitual smokers can go through an ounce in about a month or two. Maybe quicker depending on their smoking habits.

We have a few friends who can easily smoke their way through a gram just sitting around the backyard bonfire having some cold bubblies on a Saturday night.

The majority of smokers we know are all people who grew up in the 60's 70's (same age as us). Old fart die-hard hippies enjoying the herb for their "old aching muscles and joints"... or so they say.

They're going to be ecstatic when they hear this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The Liberal government has tabled legislation to end the prohibition on pot and regulate it for recreational use, checking off a major campaign promise from the 2015 campaign. The legislation allows people to possess up to 30 grams of dried or fresh cannabis and sets the minimum at 18 years of age, though provinces can set a higher legal age. Consumers can grow up to four plants at home or buy from a licensed retailer. Dried and fresh cannabis and cannabis oil will be available first, with edible products to become available later, according to information provided to reporters by Health Canada.

That's not true at all man.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What the frig ?!

Yes, it is lots to be taking to parties and sharing. As for growing your own plants, did you know you should be able to harvest a pound per plant?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

We have a few friends who can easily smoke their way through a gram just sitting around the backyard bonfire having some cold bubblies on a Saturday night.

The majority of smokers we know are all people who grew up in the 60's 70's (same age as us). Old fart die-hard hippies enjoying the herb for their "old aching muscles and joints"... or so they say.

They're going to be ecstatic when they hear this.

I would be only if I could obtain the milder strains we enjoyed back then. The potency these days is causing major problems for middle-aged men, such as in heart attacks, which was reported on CTV this morning.

news.harvard.edu...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Actually, I think it is about being against stupid, stoned idiotic people who literally force you to take their drugs secondhand, even if you don't do drugs, by smoking it in common public spaces and places.

Blah blah blah, I can say the same about perfumes, colognes, hairspray and just about anything else, my suggestion is hold your breath when out in public.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You are asking for a pipe dream. The government, any government, will tax legal products. You can't get away from them and they are a necessary part of life to make your government function. Regulations are also important. Who wants to be buying pot that could have been sprayed with harmful chemicals? I know I don't want that.

I don't know but where I live its not much of a pipe dream. As of a month ago, I could by any flowers and edibles, hash, shatter, pre-rolled etc. As of this month, the health authority has banned the selling of edibles, so now only flowers and their derivatives are available. As it gets more and more regulated, less and less is available, and what is available gets more and more expensive.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

In Arizona we are still only a medical state but we are allowed to buy up to 2 1/2oz every 14 days plus if you live out side of the 25 mile rule we can grow up to 12 plants at a time.

Not too bad for a conservative state.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I would be only if I could obtain the milder strains we enjoyed back then. The potency these days is causing major problems for middle-aged men, such as in heart attacks, which was reported on CTV this morning.

True enough.

Neither hubby nor myself can handle the potent stuff that gets sold nowadays, I honestly don't know how our friends are able to keep smoking it at our age.

It's been a couple of decades since either of us have bothered with it.

But now I'm thinking if we can grow a plant or two of a nice mild strain for something like a simple tea drink or the odd puff once in a while to soothe a krick in the neck, I may just reconsider.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Look into cbd heavy strains, the high is very low compared to your high thc strains plus the benefits are great.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I think the problem is from these people taking blood pressure meds with their mmj, if memory serves me mmj lowers your blood pressure

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

news.harvard.edu...

Nowhere in your link matches your claim.

In fact, your link clearly states:

Mittleman admits he can’t explain exactly how pot could trigger a heart attack. It might be due to cannabis, the active ingredient of marijuana, or merely the smoke from a burning plant, he says. Smoking marijuana and tobacco both involve the latter, and both are now implicated in raising the risk of heart disease.

Keep on trying though.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone...if memory serves me mmj lowers your blood pressure

Smoking anything will cause a pressure spike due to lack of oxygen.
2nd.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

For the first couple of minutes then the pressure drops lower, even lower prior to your first puff.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Smoking in public in Canada is heavily restricted, drugs or not. Its not like Seattle where you can walk around blowing it in people's faces. And will probably have the same laws as alcohol where you cant be intoxicated in public.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join