It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No, I was saying dropping a bomb on ISIS is not "uncharted territory". We've been dropping thousands of bombs every year since 2001. I wasn't commenting on what WW3 would entail.

Hussein (Iraq) was taken out in 2003...as far as I know he wasn't ISIS.

Gaddafi (Libya) was taken out in 2011...as far as I know he wasn't ISIS.

US has been bombing ME to take out dictators and apparent WMDs in the ME.

The bombings never were about taking out ISIS...until maybe now...2017?

Where did I say those people were ISIS?

Are you saying none of the 26000 bombs dropped last year were on ISIS?

I can't figure out why you keep replying to my post arguing things I didn't say. Maybe you're missing the point I'm making?

Basically the point is dropping a bomb in Afghanistan isn't the start of WW3.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Let's examine this further.

Ok...

...if there is a series of rules regarding their own corpses which must also be followed or else they would lose said seat in heaven...

Then you're just validating their beliefs.

That won't turn them off violence as you suggest...
It'll teach them to double down.

I question the sanity and motivations of anyone who believes these animals deserve ANY courtesy

Is that the animals that burn people in cages, or the animals who just get involved in firefights like the one that killed this green beret?

Because Muslims believe in an eye for an eye...

If you want them defiling your dead when they pop up, you're proposing the right idea.

link   

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The thing that is really bothering me with this (it was just mentioned on CNN) is the psychological effects that this bomb creates, and that it was MADE to do exactly that, hence its size. That 1.6km shockwave radius is sure to instil PTSD on unsuspecting civilians in the area.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
From CENTCOM:

MOAB is designed for soft targets, or to be used in valleys against caves. The civilian casualties should be as close to zero as they could get them.

Well, apart from the "wives" (read as "slaves") of those jihadi gentlemen.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Afghanistan is asking us for help...not ISIS or the Taliban....I understand your line of thought but if the US was as #ed up as Afghanistan and we had to ask someone for help it would be welcomed if there were groups of people who would come to your town, kill all the elders, rape your women and kill you livestock.

www.military.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

26,000 bombs later and ISIS is bigger than ever world wide! Obama missed every strike pretty much and wasted a lot of money in doing so.

Give Trump half that to get the job done. That is a better deal.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

You are welcome to leave and join the opposition. It's a free country after all.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
a reply to: LSU0408

Do you really think this is going to get rid of ISIS?

At the VERY least, it'll have them $#!^ing their pants...

I'd say it would make them think twice. Scare them crapless...

I'd say it was worth it.

But what do I know. I'm a gun totting, hillbilly, red neck, republican, conservative, bible thumbing, machine gun buying, Muslim killin, homophobic Jesus freak.

link   

26,000 bombs later and ISIS is bigger than ever world wide! Obama missed every strike pretty much and wasted a lot of money in doing so.

Give Trump half that to get the job done. That is a better deal.

Define "the job".
Show one example of any job ever actually completed.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Meduzi because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: matafuchs

The message sent today - don't kill our troops or we will send something that will kill you all.

How about don t invade other countrys?

If another country invaded the USA you would fight the invaders, so whata ct suprsied when other countrys do the same when US troops invade?

How about don't fly planes into big towers in a country unless you are asking for trouble? Kind of like poking at a hornet's nest

At 2:00 min is gold

I just wonder how many bombs will miss the ISIS leaders COMPLETELY to keep the war ongoing?

Well seeing as it was a bunch of Saudi Arabians that did it, part of a group sponsored by Saudi Arabians and lead by a Saudi Arabian......I think you invaded the wrong country.

I am not too fussed at the morality of Afghanistan compared to Iraq, hell every empire has had a shot at graveyard of empires so the USA deserves a shot too. Just dont complain if the natives shoot back!

edit on 13-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh I get it, believe me. But these guys don't mind dying for their cause. If anything, this type of thing radicalizes them even more. Plus it doesn't do much to eradicate the lone wolves out there who are being radicalized online. Wish we could unleash a MOAB super bug to scour the internet and destroy their online sites.

I'd love to think dropping these bombs will help our cause, but I'm just not convinced.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

From CENTCOM:

MOAB is designed for soft targets, or to be used in valleys against caves. The civilian casualties should be as close to zero as they could get them.

Interestingly enough, the Achin district area of Afghanistan is well known for its opium/poppy fields... in fact, it's one of the largest growing ops in the country.

But I'm sure the US operations fighting "ISIS" in that area has absolutely nothing to do with that, obviously it must be just a coincidence.

Wiping out the poppy fields is a good thing, unless you have stock in the company supplying methadone to people addicted to opiates!

Considering this is an issue being brought to attention, you might be onto something.

Saw a report this morning about vets lining up at 5am at a methadone clinic to get their dose to survive their opiate addiction!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

Civilians don't hide in tunnels.

a 21000 pound bomb collapsing a tunnel network ?

With zero friendly deaths.

Priceless.

The seismic shocks alone from it made those tunnels a coffin.

It probably sucked all the air out of the tunnels than they collapsed. So if trapped your oxygen would be so low your dead anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Is that the animals that burn people in cages, or the animals who just get involved in firefights like the one that killed this green beret?

Yes

Because Muslims believe in an eye for an eye...

To be expected... we've got plenty of weapons for that reality, too.

If you want them defiling your dead when they pop up, you're proposing the right idea.

I'm actually more concerned with them defiling the living, something which they've excelled at in that region for quite some time. See, when I'm dead (and most Americans feel this way too, I'm fairly sure) I'm dead. Burn my carcass, throw bacon on it (please do), piss on it, I will care not because I'll be dead... so threats of "OMG, they'll defile US corpses" pale in comparison to the reality of these animals presently defiling the living. So yeah, let them "double down" and let's see who flinches first.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Every action has a reaction.

Next . . . .

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersGirl
The thing that is really bothering me with this (it was just mentioned on CNN) is the psychological effects that this bomb creates, and that it was MADE to do exactly that, hence its size. That 1.6km shockwave radius is sure to instil PTSD on unsuspecting civilians in the area.

What kind of PTSD is created, do you suppose, by having a hive full of murderous thugs...who cut off the heads of innocent civilians like trimming their fingernails, and who bomb markets and places of worship...living near enough to you that you would have felt the shockwave from this bomb.

It might have scared the daylights out of you when it went off, but guess what, you can sleep soundly tonight knowing the Jihadis in your midst are all gone.

link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The British RAF had a bomb weighing 22.000 pounds, so don't get so overjoyed with 21,000 LBs, and the fantastic Lancaster bomber carried it, all the way to Norway to cripple the Tirpitz , sister ship to the Bismarck.
I think the 22,000 Lb bomb was called 'grandslam'.
I have not read all posts on this thread, so if this is old news, sorry.

Why not? Did the "grandslam" have an extra 10 meter blast radius or something?

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So yeah, let them "double down" and let's see who flinches first.

Nearly twenty years of trying to make them "flinch" and all they've done is become bigger and more adamant that this fight will continue.

Good luck with that philosophy.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: CranialSponge

From CENTCOM:

Interestingly enough, the Achin district area of Afghanistan is well known for its opium/poppy fields... in fact, it's one of the largest growing ops in the country.

But I'm sure the US operations fighting "ISIS" in that area has absolutely nothing to do with that, obviously it must be just a coincidence.

Wiping out the poppy fields is a good thing, unless you have stock in the company supplying methadone to people addicted to opiates!

Considering this is an issue being brought to attention, you might be onto something.

Saw a report this morning about vets lining up at 5am at a methadone clinic to get their dose to survive their opiate addiction!

Did they wipe out the poppy fields ?

Or did they just wipe out the guys controlling the poppy fields so that the US can gain control of it for themselves ?

Things that make you go "hmmmm"

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join