It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Because there isn't one. Even massive ordnance Air bursts don't produce them. Thats why they haven't shown the impact site, just some grainy, negative image , lens flare-smear, as usual

Considering you're already complaining about the price with another member, why are you now complaining about the lack of a 1080p wifi-enabled camera with a router mounted aboard another plane?

Those grainy images are not for your approval. They exist so operators can visually confirm a hit. They're grainy because that way they need less bandwidth and can transmit over longer distances, keeping the receptor away from the blast.

The camera itself is dust particles right now. And you want more expensive dust particles, along with US personnel closer to danger so you can look at more pixels after the fact? So you can complain louder about how much it cost?

I've already caught you in so many inconsistencies I've lost count of them; this is just the latest one.

Here's the deal: intrptr is not a military commander. Military commanders do not report to intrptr. Military commanders are interested in waking up not dead, not always an easy task when militants are trying desperately to make sure they wake up very dead. Military commanders know their weapons; they have had training in them that intrptr has not had. Military commanders know their enemy and targets; they have access to reams of classified information on both that intrptr doesn't have.

Questioning an operation is a good thing, but what you're doing is way, way, way beyond questioning. It is more akin to a Salem Witch Trial. Here's an interesting tidbit of knowledge: when I think about the Salem Witch Trials, I do not think about how smart the accusers were, nor how glad I am that the accusers questioned the victims.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Lots of distractions these days...

What was on top of all the news before all of these missiles started flying around and bombs started falling?.

...I thought Trump was the guy who was going to keep us out of WW3...?...

there was alot of corruption coming out about the left so it benefited them. also the supreme court picks was going on and thats finished and done with so that helped trump. beyond that not a whole lot other thent he same crap thats been repeated for months with no charges being made, so nothing new there.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Because there isn't one. Even massive ordnance Air bursts don't produce them. Thats why they haven't shown the impact site, just some grainy, negative image , lens flare-smear, as usual

Considering you're already complaining about the price with another member, why are you now complaining about the lack of a 1080p wifi-enabled camera with a router mounted aboard another plane?

Those grainy images are not for your approval. They exist so operators can visually confirm a hit. They're grainy because that way they need less bandwidth and can transmit over longer distances, keeping the receptor away from the blast.

The camera itself is dust particles right now. And you want more expensive dust particles, along with US personnel closer to danger so you can look at more pixels after the fact? So you can complain louder about how much it cost?

I've already caught you in so many inconsistencies I've lost count of them; this is just the latest one.

Here's the deal: intrptr is not a military commander. Military commanders do not report to intrptr. Military commanders are interested in waking up not dead, not always an easy task when militants are trying desperately to make sure they wake up very dead. Military commanders know their weapons; they have had training in them that intrptr has not had. Military commanders know their enemy and targets; they have access to reams of classified information on both that intrptr doesn't have.

Questioning an operation is a good thing, but what you're doing is way, way, way beyond questioning. It is more akin to a Salem Witch Trial. Here's an interesting tidbit of knowledge: when I think about the Salem Witch Trials, I do not think about how smart the accusers were, nor how glad I am that the accusers questioned the victims.

TheRedneck

if only there had been this much fervor when we got osama bin laden and broke international laws to do it and didnt even get one frame of video which we know they had since they watched it go down live.
edit on 15-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

My reason? Because Osama was just a figurehead. He had no real control over the terrorists. All Osama did was point fingers and let the terrorists follow them.

It also looked like a political ploy to me. I'm sure we could have gotten him at any time, and considering the lack of evidence you mention, maybe we already had? Just speculation on my part there... nothing more.

I also had zero faith in Obama as to military capability. Since he left office, that number has somehow dropped below zero.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

My reason? Because Osama was just a figurehead. He had no real control over the terrorists. All Osama did was point fingers and let the terrorists follow them.

It also looked like a political ploy to me. I'm sure we could have gotten him at any time, and considering the lack of evidence you mention, maybe we already had? Just speculation on my part there... nothing more.

I also had zero faith in Obama as to military capability. Since he left office, that number has somehow dropped below zero.

TheRedneck

the speculation is justified. there had been talk about him needing dialysis machines for years. so who knows. i really would have liked to get atleast one picture of him as a corpse though. btw not sure if it was misconstrued, because sometimes things arent real clear with text, i wasnt questioning you, i was in agreement with your frustrations and the points u made.
edit on 15-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I've got it and I agree with the last one but allow me a little rant. Today's cars are designed to fall apart in a few years too as everything else. I can't even replace battery in a smartphone. It won't be waterproof anymore and it will be almost cheaper to get a new one with an updated system (for a while). And millions of cars need oil btw (lol) and kill more people every single day.
The cost of the bomb equals the cost of an average Humvee vehicle (not the up-armored one). 90 terrorists are able to destroy many Humvees and kill many (costly) soldiers and civilians, to harm infrastructure etc. so it's not too much.
Central banks can generate money forever anyway. The debt isn't real. At some point they just restart the Ponzi game that makes us working. Money is not the main problem here IMHO.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: lostbook

Well cuz President Trump was going to stop all of the foreign wars and war mongering and just focus on America First Dontcha' know.

Good Gawd. The idiots that voted for this maniac are just too stupid to breed. They wanted that Big Alpha that they all aspire to be in there though. You want a strongman, you get violence.

I know, I know.

"Better than Hillareeee!" Deflect, when you look like a dumb ass.

It's a sad state of affairs..........

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The best, they would have monitored it for 'quality assurance', very carefully.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I would have expected some video or at least pictorial evidence as well, which is what makes me suspicious. I don't think such evidence would have been too sensitive for the public.

I tend to question events when I see one of the following:
  • A lack of reasonable evidence without a realistic explanation.
  • Evidence which appears during the event and is then forgotten without a reasonable explanation.
  • Pressure towards an agenda based on the event, when such pressure is not relative to the event.
  • Large profits to a specific individual or group that stem directly from the event.

I simply see none of those in this case. I see a President who has a record of negotiation from strength establishing that strength in situations where such is reasonable, but doing so in an unpredictable and showy manner. The actions are in compliance with his campaign promise to strengthen the military and relegate more control to the field generals, and also consistent with the promise to place American interests ahead of foreign interests.

And no offense taken. Just an answer.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

To what purpose?

All the military needs to know once that bomb is in the air is: did it hit the target? One can see that without 4K HDTV surveillance at a tiny fraction of the cost and space, and have the video stream more reliable, even if at a lower resolution. They're going in afterwards and clean up the mess anyway.

You're thinking of Hollywood movies... this is Afghanistan.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Millions were spent to drop the MOAB to kill 36 people.... Meanwhile, one man takes out 49 at an Orlando nightclub. One man.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HeyAHuman

So... if each of them could kill 49 people in the future MOAB just saved 1764 people.
90 x 49 = 4410

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeyAHuman
Millions were spent to drop the MOAB to kill 36 people.... Meanwhile, one man takes out 49 at an Orlando nightclub. One man.

What the hell is that snip.

One of the biggest false equivalences I've seen lately.

Those people at a gay nightclub which ISIS hates the ever living hell out of.

Weren't armed with ak-47s,Rpgs, and other explosive devices.

1 moab that killed 90+ in a harden bunker.

Cost basis doesn't get any better than that.

Least amount of effort with the maximum amount of damage.

A 'company' wiped out.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The current count is 94 dead. They're finding multiple tunnels collapsed, and bodies in each of them as they excavate the complex.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The current count is 94 dead. They're finding multiple tunnels collapsed, and bodies in each of them as they excavate the complex.

They should drop a few more.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore Rt said the MOAB costs 315 million dollars and a total of 12 were built.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jerseymilker He used the largest bomb we have give him some credit. A demo for LIL kim in N Korea.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeyAHuman

Naa. The MOAB probably cost around 20-25 million when all is said and done. The bomb was 60% of that, but you also have the airplanes, paying all the service members involved, the infrastructure, and supply lines to consider.

This was actually one of my initial arguments against using it, but then I sat down and did the math. ISIS has about 20,000 members, and to functionally defeat them, we probably need to kill half that. So we're looking at killing 10,000 people. Lets double the estimated bomb costs to $50 million. $50 million for just 36 people is about $1.4 million per person, carrying that out to what we would need to beat ISIS would be just $14 billion to totally wipe them out. In reality, we got more than 36 people, and the bombing run cost half that estimate.

None of that is even considering all the infrastructure damage we got out of it.

It was a very economical attack.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Dollar counting worked out so well in Vietnam didn't it ?

That's not how you win wars.

You win wars by killing the enemy.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychicCroMag
a reply to: FamCore Rt said the MOAB costs 315 million dollars and a total of 12 were built.

it was 20 according to many sources. we dont have all 20 now. i believe 2 were used for testing and the 3rd was the one we dropped leaving us with 17.
cnbc

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join