It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Regardless of your thoughts on war or whether it was started to perpetuate war endlessly, the fact is we can't walk away now.

I mean, sure, we could surrender I suppose.

But I'd rather win a war instead.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
RUSSIA has a FOAB (Father Of All Bombs) bomb that supposedly 4 times more powerful than our MOAB.

""The US just dropped a 21,600-pound conventional bomb called the Massive Ordinance Air Blast AKA the "Mother of All Bombs" (MOAB) in Afghanistan, but Russia has a bigger one. 

The "Father of All Bombs," (FOAB) is four times bigger than the MOAB. It's a thermobaric bomb with a destruction radius of nearly 1,000 feet and a blast yield of nearly 44 tons of TNT.

Thermobaric weapons differ from conventional bombs in that they combine with atmospheric oxygen to greatly extend the blast radius.

Developed in 2007, the FOAB explodes in midair, igniting a fuel-air mixture. It vaporizing targets and collapses structures, producing blasts and aftershocks as powerful as a small nuclear blast but without the same radioactive fallout.""

SOURCE: www.msn.com...

What I don't understand is how can the Russian FOAB only have a 1,000 foot "blast radius", while our USA MOAB has a blast radius of 5,280 feet (1 mile)???

I'm sure the U.S. has the grandfather model (GOAB), and a lot of other things we civilians don't know about.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

RUSSIA has a FOAB (Father Of All Bombs) bomb that supposedly 4 times more powerful than our MOAB.

""The US just dropped a 21,600-pound conventional bomb called the Massive Ordinance Air Blast AKA the "Mother of All Bombs" (MOAB) in Afghanistan, but Russia has a bigger one. 

The "Father of All Bombs," (FOAB) is four times bigger than the MOAB. It's a thermobaric bomb with a destruction radius of nearly 1,000 feet and a blast yield of nearly 44 tons of TNT.

Thermobaric weapons differ from conventional bombs in that they combine with atmospheric oxygen to greatly extend the blast radius.

Developed in 2007, the FOAB explodes in midair, igniting a fuel-air mixture. It vaporizing targets and collapses structures, producing blasts and aftershocks as powerful as a small nuclear blast but without the same radioactive fallout.""

SOURCE: www.msn.com...

What I don't understand is how can the Russian FOAB only have a 1,000 foot "blast radius", while our USA MOAB has a blast radius of 5,280 feet (1 mile)???

I'm sure the U.S. has the grandfather model (GOAB), and a lot of other things we civilians don't know about.

I'm more excited about the new "weapon" under development that is the size of an ant, and can fly..being remote controlled. (Nano-drones) Want to get rid of Asaad? Kim Jung? This would be perfect.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

I have the Sister's-Mother's-Brother's-Cousin's-Roommate of All Bombs.

SMBCRAB

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Damn, does no one see the charade? ISIS created by CIA/Mossad/Saudis/Neocons to perpetuate an eternal enemy and continue the war machine.

This is all a distraction from something much greater.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here's the footage:

Hopefully we can get the ground video.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ground video might be a little difficult. During the blast, I'm not sure there was a ground to take it from.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now here's some genius!

Interesting we've been talking about WWIII for how long now?

What - about an 'hour and a half' after WWII ended.

That being said - Nuke 'em to Glass Mr. President!

peace

Well, I've never seen a 'playback error' on a video.

The url is here if you want to see it - youtu.be...
edit on 5549Friday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Alas! As you get smaller and smaller, much smaller than a horsefly and the radio antenna becomes too small to work. You end up having to drop some sort of radio to laser gateway near where you want to drop your dataflies.

link   
Havent we all finally matured as a culture? Why cant we drop gender neutral bombs?

So sad....

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
the amount of righteous Team America chest thumping going on in this thread is absolutely sickening

you cannot
kill
ideas
with bombs

you just can't!

no amount of phallocentric "biggest bomb ever" crowing will change that.

Seen any imperial Japanese lately?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No actually.. I havent now that you bring it up.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Too bad we can't use technology more for this battle. Infiltrate ISIS with spies and use micro drones and tracking tech (quantum dots, wowzie) to find all their hideouts and rid them from the inside with special forces. But there is also the battle against ,for whatever combinations of reasons, the desire to keep ISIS going for political motives. That one I have no idea until we are able to break away from oil dependency at some point maybe.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Forget the ‘Mother of all bombs,’ meet the Russian-made ‘Daddy’

The Aviation Thermobaric Bomb of Increased Power, known as the ‘Father of all bombs’ (FOAB), was developed by Russia in 2007 and eclipses its US rival in both power and efficiency.

It can inflict a 44 ton-yield when detonated, compared to the 11-ton-yield of the mother. Unlike its US counterpart though it’s less hefty, weighing in at 7,100kg compared to 8,200kg.

The FOAB differs in one significant way to the MOAB though – Russia has never felt the need to use it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: carewemust

This was an outpost where fighting has been getting worse. Most of the people that were there were probably fighters, not families.

That's somewhat comforting. While I don't like the idea that female ISIS fighters, and 10 to 17 year-old ISIS trainees were turned to jello today, it's collateral damage that couldn't be avoided.

I don't like innocent women and children dying.

Committed ISIS female fighters and teenagers aren't innocent.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuddyBoy70

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Didn't BILL CLINTON try to kill Osama Bin-Laden in this part of the world, but his bomb was too small?

LOL
Nobody "tried to kill" Tim Osman aka OBL, he died of natural causes after a lengthy service as Boogyman Extraordinaire for the CIA.

Finally! A post worthy of the conspiracy spirit of ATS!

Completely looney, but it fits!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
FOAB is ready for next week's demonstration of force, if EU-NATO is still up to it by then....

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
the amount of righteous Team America chest thumping going on in this thread is absolutely sickening

you cannot
kill
ideas
with bombs

you just can't!

no amount of phallocentric "biggest bomb ever" crowing will change that.

You can use MOABS to kill the enemy No matter where they hide.

Right people should just ignore people like ISIS, and just try to legislate them to death.

WAR is politics pursued by other means.

In this case a bunch of buried crispy critters.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: icanteven

I have the Sister's-Mother's-Brother's-Cousin's-Roommate of All Bombs.

SMBCRAB

I've had some big blowups with roommates in my time, and have to agree... hey oh!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
We deployed in 2001 to Afghanistan to fight & dismantle al-Qaeda
under the pretext Osama Bin Laden was responsible for 9-11.

Now it's ISIS, and one can only imagine what magical
powers they have at their disposal to continually resupply
Terrorist, food, fuel & bullets FOR THE LAST 16 YEARS.

The Taliban must be invisible with super powers like
one of those XBox games.

Since the majority are still duped we might still be there
when our grandchildren are ready to serve.

Get a clue.

Quoted for truth.
They are also in dire need for a conflict in the East as well.
-I can assure you, when Russia was sending supplies to NK to build their arsenal, the US knew I can attest to that, I was helping chase their subs up and down x.

The S. China Sea "conflict" is the a false pretense to begin with a new 'enemy'. We've exhausted the ME, ISIS should be the last manufactured 'enemy' from the region. The next admin will be selling the war on the far East soon.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join