It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: fencesitter85

Cheers for the education fella

So your solution to ISIS really is to ignore them to death?? Your plan is essentially to point a finger of blame and ISIS will go away? Let's not give them any attention?

This'll sound crazy so hang on to your pipe and slippers. I'm aware that this is more complicated than dropping a bomb. Yes, it's common knowledge that there are no angels (no good guys) involved all this. It's also well known that people who use "you people" are too busy broad-brushing to understand a complex issue.

So even when I specifically state, in writing, that I have not and am not suggesting we ignore them, you just repeat it? Useful.

And when I say you people, I mean the trumpcult. Not trump supporters as a whole - I mean the specific sub-group who absolutely cannot concede a single negative point about him despite the wealth of obvious opportunities. The people who accuse their own people of being unpatriotic for not blindly following, and for analysing the leadership and holding it responsible.

To those people, I say that the trump supporters who DO scrutinise his actions are the true patriots; for they're the ones who care most about their country and don't want to see it dragged down through needless petulance and sensitivity.

You all whined constantly about Obama being so trigger happy - but all of a sudden it's ok? Interesting.

And no, I didn't support Obama's military actions. Nor am I a liberal before that one comes up.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You all whined constantly about Obama being so trigger happy - but all of a sudden it's ok? Interesting.

And no, I didn't support Obama's military actions. Nor am I a liberal before that one comes up.

I'm English for starters and a moderate individual who avoids partisan BS. You were too busy stereotyping to notice.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Jobeycool
You're right, not 14, my memory ain't that great sometimes, but I wasn't intentionally lying.

Deagel says they only made 20.

They test dropped 2, dropped one today, so yea there is 17 left I guess.

Deagel link

Well I figure governments always lie about this kind of stuff for propaganda against enemy in wars.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I hope Trump drops more on ISIS.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Well I apologise if it appeared I was tarring you with that brush - my post veered off into targeting the cult specifically, not you
I'm English for starters and a moderate individual who avoids partisan BS. You were too busy stereotyping to notice.

edit on 14-4-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
God damn I give up trying to get quoting right when using my phone on these boards. You get the idea.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

No worries

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Interesting, whether you agree or disagree with the decision to use the MOAB, Trump has facilitated a discussion about terrorist forces in Afgahanistan which is something that has not happened in a long time. By discussing that again maybe the world can decide that terror groups have no place in this world, and with that consensus is how you kill an ideology.

If no quarter is given by locals, even if out of fear of a MOAB coming to a neighborhood near them, then the groups will dissolve. Food, water and shelter are the only three things that all people have in common. If denied any of those, ideologies take a backseat to willingness to entertain compromises.

Dropping one conventional bomb has many tongues wagging all over the world. I would call that a bit of a win if you think of it that way.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The only way to beat terrorism, the concept, the idea, the belief system that they have. . . .

Is to be scarier than the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
the amount of righteous Team America chest thumping going on in this thread is absolutely sickening

you cannot
kill
ideas
with bombs

you just can't!

no amount of phallocentric "biggest bomb ever" crowing will change that.

Maybe you're right.

Maybe there's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can be done. Maybe the planet is doomed to become a world where Islamic worship is mandatory and failure to do so is punishable by death without benefit of trial. Maybe we're fated to live in a society where homosexuality, improper dress, or female education is a capital offense.

Maybe.

But I'll be damned if I'll accept that without a fight, even if that fight is my last stand in my doorway with a 2x4.

That is my choice. You choose yours.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

So even when I specifically state, in writing, that I have not and am not suggesting we ignore them, you just repeat it? Useful.

So, you oppose fighting and you don't advocate ignoring... what IS your proposal?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I heard on the radio this morning that 36 ISIS militant were killed and 0 civilians. Found this link to back what I heard. (If this site is an acceptable form of info)

MOAB Drop Casualties

Up to 36 suspected Islamic State militants were killed in Afghanistan when the US dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat, the Afghan defence ministry said on Friday. Dawlat Waziri, an Afghan ministry spokesman said of Thursday’s strike: “No civilian has been hurt and only the base, which Daesh used to launch attacks in other parts of the province, was destroyed.”

Not really the amount of ISIS I would have liked to be killed with this type of !!POP!!, but I guess it is a start. Perhaps there were more dead that were not found

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I heard on the radio this morning that 36 ISIS militant were killed and 0 civilians. Found this link to back what I heard. (If this site is an acceptable form of info)

MOAB Drop Casualties

Up to 36 suspected Islamic State militants were killed in Afghanistan when the US dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat, the Afghan defence ministry said on Friday. Dawlat Waziri, an Afghan ministry spokesman said of Thursday’s strike: “No civilian has been hurt and only the base, which Daesh used to launch attacks in other parts of the province, was destroyed.”

Not really the amount of ISIS I would have liked to be killed with this type of !!POP!!, but I guess it is a start. Perhaps there were more dead that were not found

and who knows what was cached in those tunnels. besides id take that number with a grain of salt considering the warren of tunnels thats there and it goes atleast a mile deep. wed know 2 considering we helped build those tunnels back in the day
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

I think the target was the tunnels more than the combatants. ISIS was using that tunnel network to ambush patrols at will, making the entire area hazardous.

Employing 2592 virgins was just an added benefit.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Leaked clip of the MOAB damage.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: Kandinsky

The problem is that as time goes by, I'm less and less convinced that the US - and their partners - have an interest in destroying ISIS rather than making sure the war machine is kept running.

There's no practical or historical evidence against your idea. Decades of conflicts attest to it and I include my own UK in that.

Not saying I agree with your suspicion only that the evidence could be used to support it

Peace is a word used to further a different agenda imo. At the same time, I'm pragmatic enough to know it's how the world works.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The problem is that as time goes by, I'm less and less convinced that the US - and their partners - have an interest in destroying ISIS rather than making sure the war machine is kept running.

There's no practical or historical evidence against your idea. Decades of conflicts attest to it and I include my own UK in that.

Not saying I agree with your suspicion only that the evidence could be used to support it

Peace is a word used to further a different agenda imo. At the same time, I'm pragmatic enough to know it's how the world works.

Agreed. Think how much money would be lost by some very very rich and powerful people if there was little or no need to keep churning out munitions and fighter jets every year. It's valid cynicism for sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wunderwaffe.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Agreed. Think how much money would be lost by some very very rich and powerful people if there was little or no need to keep churning out munitions and fighter jets every year. It's valid cynicism for sure.

i used to go that same route but im slightly changing my perspective these days since even when we arent waging any type of war they tend to still get the funding. im starting to wonder if its more to do with the fact that u just cant wage "war" in this day and age. people get to see the horrors of what actually takes place in a real war and they just wont have any of it these days. untie the hands and i believe we could shutdown many of these groups no problem. people just arent willing or able to make that choice these days and really havent for years. if it werent for social media and the plethora of ways of sharing info id say go back to war correspondents under the military's control and control every bit of info that goes out but it just wont work. i sometimes think we need to embrace war but the costs always leave the people who have to commit the acts perverted and broken.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We deployed in 2001 to Afghanistan to fight & dismantle al-Qaeda
under the pretext Osama Bin Laden was responsible for 9-11.

Now it's ISIS, and one can only imagine what magical
powers they have at their disposal to continually resupply
Terrorist, food, fuel & bullets FOR THE LAST 16 YEARS.

The Taliban must be invisible with super powers like
one of those XBox games.

Since the majority are still duped we might still be there
when our grandchildren are ready to serve.

Get a clue.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join