It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
Was it worth it? Was it really so important to destroy this base when it seems not many ISIS soldiers where actually there?

Use one weapon to take out an entire enemy base? Yeah, I'd say it was worth it.

Personally I think it was more of a warning shot to other nations, If the majority of ISIS are elsewhere and not using that base. I'm sure more info will come out that will make it clearer.

ive heard from people actually over there that this has been in the works since the obama administration. if so then thats very doubtful

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Ok thanks for the info. Trump did not give the order himself and this was an option for years apparently according to certain sources that have spoken to the media which of course supports what you have heard. ....it's just a hell of a coincidence that they should do it now with the Syria and N.Korea stuff, I can't help but be a little bit cynical!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Wow, you caught that? Where were you?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Did that bomb deliver birth control. Oops, another middle east terrorist was born. 5,000+ plus years of practicing terrorism. Bigger bombs!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It cost $16 million. We (taxpayers) paid $445,000 to eliminate each ISIS fighter. Was it worth it?

What price do you place on human life of their victims?

I guess my price is higher than yours. I think it's well worth it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

just outside. not sure how it wasnt reported anywhere. i searched far and wide after that and not a peep. i was in northern cali outside my friends house sometime around 2001-2003 i believe during winter about 11pm there were no leaves on the trees. anyone outside driving or walking shoulda seen it or atleast wondered why the hell everything just lit up.
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What price on peace of mind too?

Setting aside blame for a moment, the atrocities of ISIS have brought fear and suffering to millions. Torturing, raping and killing.

They're literally anti-life in their ideology.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hey, if you want to go there...

What price to walk the streets without worrying about hearing the phrase "Allah Akbar!" before the blast or the bullets?

What price to not live in fear of your loved ones' bodies making the evening news?

What price to peaceful Muslim people to live without suspicion?

What price to travel freely without fear?

Maybe I'm just weird, but these things seem more valuable to me than all the green paper on the planet...

TheRedneck

edit on 4/14/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Bedlam

just outside. not sure how it wasnt reported anywhere. i searched far and wide after that and not a peep. i was in northern cali outside my friends house sometime around 2001-2003 i believe during winter about 11pm there were no leaves on the trees. anyone outside driving or walking shoulda seen it or atleast wondered why the hell everything just lit up.

2003 I suspect.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly. There was a video on Vice in an ISIS-held town. Jeez. You wouldn't wish it on anyone. There were heads on spikes and torsos in the streets.

Nobody should have to live under sadism and brutality.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
the amount of righteous Team America chest thumping going on in this thread is absolutely sickening

you cannot
kill
ideas
with bombs

you just can't!

no amount of phallocentric "biggest bomb ever" crowing will change that.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If you people genuinely believe that bombing IS targets is going to result in them packing their bags and giving up, then you're more naive and deluded than I thought.

The fact that the cult is suddenly ok with millions of dollars continuing to be spent on bombing foreign targets because Donnie said so, makes the hypocrisy all the worse.

Sorry guys, meals on wheels is too expensive - need more bombs.

And then you say 'I DON'T MIND PAYING FOR PEACE OF MIND YEEEHAW IT'S JUST A FEW TAX DOLLARS' - utterly bizarre and baffling.

Wake up. Baa.
edit on 14-4-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Well we could ignore them to death and see how that works out!!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

No war has ever been won only by dropping bombs ... despite the MOAB big boom, how far will you back the military escalation ?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I don't overestimate my significance in this. My opinion has zero effect so backing it or not matters not.

In this case, the Afghani govt agreed to having the base bombed. They're hardly the most tolerant society in the world and even they objected to having ISIS camped in their territory. ISIS are not for negotiation so escalation was inevitable.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Well we could ignore them to death and see how that works out!!

I don't recall me or anybody else suggesting that at all.

Perhaps if your country stops this obsession with trying to topple foreign governments for its own personal gain, IS won't have such ease in recruiting young angry men and women who have seen their lives destroyed and their families killed for no good reason.

As an Englishman I can say we're to blame also. Until we stop selling SA hundreds of billions in weapons and jets year on year to murder Yemeni children with, we're part of the problem too.

The issue seems to be that you people still insist that we're the good guys. We're not. We're just bad guys in suits.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Cheers for the education fella

So your solution to ISIS really is to ignore them to death?? Your plan is essentially to point a finger of blame and ISIS will go away? Let's not give them any attention?

This'll sound crazy so hang on to your pipe and slippers. I'm aware that this is more complicated than dropping a bomb. Yes, it's common knowledge that there are no angels (no good guys) involved all this. It's also well known that people who use "you people" are too busy broad-brushing to understand a complex issue.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The weight of the bomb has little to do with the power, it's what is packed inside.

The Russians have one that is a good deal lighter, yet 4 times more powerful.....funnily enough referred to as the Father of all Bombs.

Sorry if that has been said, 31 pages is a lot to go through.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I know what can be done. The people who want to meddle in other countries, occupy, and nation build, can form their own military, fund it, and get the job done in 15 years.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The problem is that as time goes by, I'm less and less convinced that the US - and their partners - have an interest in destroying ISIS rather than making sure the war machine is kept running.

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join