It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Know for a fact tech exists beyond what any country outside US has. Unfortunately they would never share w trump because of incompetence. Simple fact. Military leadership in my family doesn't trust. He is NOT in charge of them.

Believe what you'd like about his track record. Military doesn't trust. And won't. It will be 8 years before these weapons emerge, unless discovered/used by other govts.

Until then, puppy president can drop sexy daisy chains. He hasn't and won't earn trust inside US.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: chaeone86

Thank-you for that thorough explanation. It looks like the only thing we know for certain is that there are probably, as you said, much larger Non-nuclear bombs being kept Top-Secret.

I'm looking forward to the time we've developed a way to eliminate a dangerous leader, without exploding a single bomb. Destroying lots of people and property, just to take out one guy, is like using dynamite to kill a fly, IMO.

ever seen the cia's ice bullet gun? its been used. ends up giving u a heart attack and once it melts away theres really nothing left but a small spot on the body of the victim

First time I've heard of it! After investing billions of our dollars in the CIA over recent decades, it's good to see that they're doing more than simply spying.

Saw in a scientific magazine the other day (at the dentist office) that some intelligence agency and a private company are working together to develop tiny drones, no bigger than a fly. Imagine what one of those could do to neutralize a dangerous dictator.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Like Trump, Obama didn't have any military experience...and almost no political experience, when he was elected President. Was Obama trusted and liked by the military?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Thank-you for that thorough explanation. It looks like the only thing we know for certain is that there are probably, as you said, much larger Non-nuclear bombs being kept Top-Secret.

I'm looking forward to the time we've developed a way to eliminate a dangerous leader, without exploding a single bomb. Destroying lots of people and property, just to take out one guy, is like using dynamite to kill a fly, IMO.

ever seen the cia's ice bullet gun? its been used. ends up giving u a heart attack and once it melts away theres really nothing left but a small spot on the body of the victim

First time I've heard of it! After investing billions of our dollars in the CIA over recent decades, it's good to see that they're doing more than simply spying.

Saw in a scientific magazine the other day (at the dentist office) that some intelligence agency and a private company are working together to develop tiny drones, no bigger than a fly. Imagine what one of those could do to neutralize a dangerous dictator.

its old. heres a nice video. i really gotta figure out ATS better. id like to send this as a msg so as not to derail a thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I like Trump more and more.

I hope to see more of this, much more, we have pussied around for too long whilst Russia veto sh1t left and right, I just wish the UK would be a bit louder and hands on, stuff Europe and the UN for its liberal weakness, sanctions are proven ineffective.

And the comparisons to Vietnam, please its 50 years on, they dropped the MOAB so the ground forces can move over the land without being attacked from the tunnels, i dont know how well the MOAB would work in boggy land covered by trees making BDA pretty difficult, but in Afghanistan, the shockwaves will travel through the tunnels exposed sucking the air out of every Daesh around there.

Thanks you president Trump.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Thanks! I'll watch that video after posting this message. It's being reported that ONLY 36 ISIS fighters were killed by the Mother Of All Bombs yesterday.

36 ISIS Killed by MOAB: www.cnn.com...

It cost $16 million. We (taxpayers) paid $445,000 to eliminate each ISIS fighter. Was it worth it?

edit on 4/14/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Thanks! I'll watch that video after posting this message. It's being reported that ONLY 36 ISIS fighters were killed by the Mother Of All Bombs yesterday.

It cost $16 million. We (taxpayers) paid $445,000 to eliminate each ISIS fighter. Was it worth it?

not as bad as shooting a patriot missile at a couple hundred dollar drone. also better then one american life being lost to go in and try to clear those tunnels.
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan I wonder why?

Tensions in Syria/Russia/NK are reaching boiling point.

The ultimate test of a weapons effectinveness lies in its ability to prove itself under actual battle conditions.

It might even be a not so subtle demonstration of Americian capability to the Russians. This bomb gives the US an advatnge over Russia in that its a 'conventional' weapon where Russia may have to use a small nuke to get the same destructive capability.

This gives the US a decisive advantage in the hearts and minds battle by being able to claim the US and its allies only uses "conventional weapon' whereas Rusisa has used a nuke therefore they are the bad guy and the starter of any war.

The've certainly throught this one through.

two dots joined you reckon?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

not as bad as shooting a patriot missile at a couple hundred dollar drone. also better then one american life being lost to go in and try to clear those tunnels.

Right on, regarding your second statement. We can take it further, by wiping ISIS and all violent terrorist groups from existence. Save thousands of innocent lives by take a proactive approach.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86

And just for fun, I've been told we have much greater than the MOAB in our non Nuke stock too. Game changing tech. But on follow up I am told it's not for me to know.

They're probably talking about nanoparticulate halogen/metal solid explosives. Damndest stuff you ever saw, and going into the next nuke designs after a few more revs. Material science guys come up with the craziest stuff.

Go drop that on your supposed relatives.

A real intelligence or experimental weapon participant would. Not. Be. On. Here.

Enjoy your teenage dream.

You're pretty far off base with that one, ATS is read pretty regularly in the community, especially by the engineering types. More than one of us have been here as time went by. Also some pretty well known authors in the military/aerospace community.
edit on 14-4-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is going around as footage of the MOAB in Afghanistan. Has this video been debunked?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

What is the most cynical IMO is that you spent the money to destroy a complex that was originally built with taxpayers money by the CIA for their proxies :

Source

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
As many as 36, 'suspected' militants killed. Was it worth it? Was it really so important to destroy this base when it seems not many ISIS soldiers where actually there?

As many as 36 suspected Islamic State militants were killed in Afghanistan when the United States dropped "the mother of all bombs," its largest non-nuclear device ever unleashed in combat, the Afghan defense ministry said on Friday.

Thursday's strike came as U.S. President Donald Trump dispatches his first high-level delegation to Kabul, amid uncertainty about his plans for the nearly 9,000 American troops stationed in Afghanistan.

(Graphic - U.S. drops massive bomb in Afghanistan IMG : tmsnrt.rs/2nKoKks)

The deaths have not been independently verified, but ministry spokesman Dawlat Waziri said no civilians were harmed in the massive blast that targeted a network of caves and tunnels.

"No civilian has been hurt and only the base, which Daesh used to launch attacks in other parts of the province, was destroyed," Waziri said in a statement.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DrHammondStoat

Reason to drop another

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
Was it worth it? Was it really so important to destroy this base when it seems not many ISIS soldiers where actually there?

Use one weapon to take out an entire enemy base? Yeah, I'd say it was worth it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Pretty much ends using that base again.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: chaeone86

And just for fun, I've been told we have much greater than the MOAB in our non Nuke stock too. Game changing tech. But on follow up I am told it's not for me to know.

They're probably talking about nanoparticulate halogen/metal solid explosives. Damndest stuff you ever saw, and going into the next nuke designs after a few more revs. Material science guys come up with the craziest stuff.

Go drop that on your supposed relatives.

A real intelligence or experimental weapon participant would. Not. Be. On. Here.

Enjoy your teenage dream.

You're pretty far off base with that one, ATS is read pretty regularly in the community, especially by the engineering types. More than one of us have been here as time went by. Also some pretty well known authors in the military/aerospace community.

it could be something far more exotic. my friend and I witnessed something from northern california that im estimating was outside our atmosphere somewhere over the pacific ocean. started out looking much like a nuclear weapon being tested in space, right up until it reached the apex of its expansion then hung there for a few seconds then collapsed entirely back in on itself leaving no visible traces. massive energy release aswell cause it initially lit up everything as if there was a spotlight on us, but it was from horizon to horizon and filled an area of the sky that could easily fit 30+ full moons inside of. being over the pacific made me suspect something our military was testing.
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

China is taking care of NK. No need in worrying about them. We'll be perfectly fine.

Like NK was anything to worry about in the first place.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Right on, regarding your second statement. We can take it further, by wiping ISIS and all violent terrorist groups from existence. Save thousands of innocent lives by take a proactive approach.

All you would succeed in doing is creating more terrorist. Ron Paul was the only person in the government that had any sense when it came to dealing with terrorist.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
Was it worth it? Was it really so important to destroy this base when it seems not many ISIS soldiers where actually there?

Use one weapon to take out an entire enemy base? Yeah, I'd say it was worth it.

Personally I think it was more of a warning shot to other nations, If the majority of ISIS are elsewhere and not using that base. I'm sure more info will come out that will make it clearer.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join