It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

That really depends where the target ie the bad guys were it was a cave system not the middle of a town.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Asset producing? What about your brain? Your most important asset.

You couldn't afford a p*ssing war w me over money mate.

To get to the heart of my criticism- where is the searching in your posts? Whee do you ask fearless questions, offer fearless ideas? Or do you simply affirm a view plainly available in bias outlets elsewhere?

I am sorry to say to you do. Why waste any thumb strength on ATS if you are not expanding, rather than reducing a topic to predisposed limits?

Wrong website

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86

Why waste any thumb strength on ATS if you are not expanding, rather than reducing a topic to predisposed limits?

Wrong website

Hey...why don't you appreciate the wide variety of mindsets that God bestowed humankind with? You'll be more relaxed, and less concerned about the thoughts and actions of others. Give it a try..you'll like it!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Monday.

But starting now. Leading to Dr. Who on Saturday... so after the fear this morning... doing lots better!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Says the account insisting it would be miserable to offer contract to an institution with a former Iraqi who provided 13 years of service to our military.

A man with great experience who probably has done more than you or I for this country the last 20 years combined.

No. But my real problem is you post fodder. You carry a very boring flag of predictable ideals. It's just repetitive. You show up on almost every thread spouting affirmation to an already well contended platform.

ATS is a place for questions, probing, where imagination can expand. And you spam every thread with a stale POV that is a rehash of confirmation bias sources.

But. Carry on friend. It's an open board. Keep wasting everyone's time and brain space. Please.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I should apologize. I don't mean to impugne on you whatsoever. I get grumpy at times. Hey. We all have strong ideas here. It's a great place for that

Very sorry to criticize. As with all, I get in the zone at times.

This is a place all ideas thrive! Even those I don't like.

Sorry brother, hope there are no hard feelings, truly.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Says the account insisting it would be miserable to offer contract to an institution with a former Iraqi who provided 13 years of service to our military.

A man with great experience who probably has done more than you or I for this country the last 20 years combined.

ATS is a place for questions, probing, where imagination can expand. And you spam every thread with a stale POV that is a rehash of confirmation bias sources.

But. Carry on friend. It's an open board. Keep wasting everyone's time and brain space. Please.

Since you appreciate seeing questions...I'll ask you the same question I posted on the last page.

If the Russian Father of All Bombs (FOAB) is 4 times more powerful than the USA's Mother of All Bombs (MOAB), why is our blast radius 1 mile, while the Russian bomb's blast radius is just 1,000 feet?

REF: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Wikipedia is giving different numbers.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Since you appreciate seeing questions...I'll ask you the same question I posted on the last page.

If the Russian Father of All Bombs (FOAB) is 4 times more powerful than the USA's Mother of All Bombs (MOAB), why is our blast radius 1 mile, while the Russian bomb's blast radius is just 1,000 feet?

REF: www.businessinsider.com...

well id chalk that up to not releasing the full specs to the public. it has a blast yield of 44 tons of tnt versus 11tons for the US. could be one of those things like with the f-22. they tell u a top speed but its nowhere near the actual top speed.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Multimillion dollar political penis . This excites a lot of people. Except for the ones that never saw it coming.
The rest of us can watch the Florida test over and over again, until we can get a video of this actual event.
enjoy the re-runs.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I should apologize. I don't mean to impugne on you whatsoever. I get grumpy at times. Hey. We all have strong ideas here. It's a great place for that

Very sorry to criticize. As with all, I get in the zone at times.

This is a place all ideas thrive! Even those I don't like.

Sorry brother, hope there are no hard feelings, truly.

That's OK. I don't take anything personally, because I understand the tremendous operating range of human emotions. As long as someone isn't personally threatening my family, any and every negative thing said to me, or about me, is A-OK.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Based on my understanding, a key aspect of r&d for the MOAB was limiting the upward blast potential. So much of an explosives fuel is wasted on ignition 40+ feet. The key innovation was keeping the blast, structurally, below traditional explosive design. This is why it looks so "flat" in test videos, despite spreading a mile wide. I would estimate that success with MOAB is a combination of studying tests and deployment of smart and cluster/daisy chain bombs since 2003.

Russian tech is nowhere near US. If the FAOB is 4 times as large, I can't imagine it's 4x efficient. As I've posted before, we have, up our Sleeves, things putting FOAB/Nukes to an abject shame. It would just be best these things never have to be used.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Holy smokes! There's a HUGE difference between the MOAB's 492 foot blast radius shown at Wikipedia and the 1-mile radius spouted by the news media all day. Which do you think is correct, D8Tee?
edit on 4/14/2017 by carewemust because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Holy smokes! There's a HUGE difference between the MOAB's 492 foot blast radius shown at Wikipedia and the 1-mile radius spouted by the news media all day. Which do you think is correct, D8Tee?

they are just spouting out the same spec's the military always spouts off about it. without knowing the nitty gritty details and just guessing, id imagine its a matter of what your measuring. maybe the blast radius on wiki is just showing the area of complete and utter destruction and not counting the progressively less destroyed radius even though the difference between the 2 is negligible. kinda like how nukes have different radius's for determining the damage done. either way doesnt matter if your at ground zero or a ways off, your dead anyhow.
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

....table the math. It means FOAB is half efficient as MOAB per tonne.

Heat wave and damage are not at once same from blast radius.

With any other conventional weapon I wouldn't fret.

But again, military doesn't oversell potency. If anything, they sell it low.
edit on 14-4-2017 by chaeone86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yea, i dunno, I wouldn't want to be within 150 meters of that thing going off I know that much.

I do think the blast radius of the Russian bomb would be larger since it's yield is supposedly larger.

Other than that i don't have much explosives experience other than shooting up some old propane tanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

Thank-you for that thorough explanation. It looks like the only thing we know for certain is that there are probably, as you said, much larger Non-nuclear bombs being kept Top-Secret.

I'm looking forward to the time we've developed a way to eliminate a dangerous leader, without exploding a single bomb. Destroying lots of people and property, just to take out one guy, is like using dynamite to kill a fly, IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

a reply to: chaeone86

Thank-you for that thorough explanation. It looks like the only thing we know for certain is that there are probably, as you said, much larger Non-nuclear bombs being kept Top-Secret.

I'm looking forward to the time we've developed a way to eliminate a dangerous leader, without exploding a single bomb. Destroying lots of people and property, just to take out one guy, is like using dynamite to kill a fly, IMO.

ever seen the cia's ice bullet gun? its been used. ends up giving u a heart attack and once it melts away theres really nothing left but a small spot on the body of the victim
edit on 14-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

they are just spouting out the same spec's the military always spouts off about it. without knowing the nitty gritty details and just guessing, id imagine its a matter of what your measuring. maybe the blast radius on wiki is just showing the area of complete and utter destruction and not counting the progressively less destroyed radius even though the difference between the 2 is negligible. kinda like how nukes have different radius's for determining the damage done. either way doesnt matter if your at ground zero or a ways off, your dead anyhow.

Good point about how the proximity to the blast is what really matters. I saw a video the other day of bystanders getting their hats knocked off by the shockwave from a nuclear blast. They were over 3 miles away and this was just a "baby" nuke test being observed. Looked like it was around 1945 or so.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

No one said anything was over. They got control over oil and airbases and they should be bombed. Trump saw an opportunity and took care of business. This war with ISIS is ongoing it has never been over. They are a threat to the entire world period. If you let these cockroaches continue they will be in your own yard and killing your kids. They need to destroyed at every earliest possible convenience.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join