It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nm.
edit on 4/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: carewemust

This was an outpost where fighting has been getting worse. Most of the people that were there were probably fighters, not families.

That's somewhat comforting. While I don't like the idea that female ISIS fighters, and 10 to 17 year-old ISIS trainees were turned to jello today, it's collateral damage that couldn't be avoided.

You mean those budding future jihadi kids that play soccer with human heads? The ones that execute people in cold blood? Why should anyone care?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This was an outpost where fighting has been getting worse. Most of the people that were there were probably fighters, not families.

That's somewhat comforting. While I don't like the idea that female ISIS fighters, and 10 to 17 year-old ISIS trainees were turned to jello today, it's collateral damage that couldn't be avoided.

You mean those budding future jihadi kids that play soccer with human heads? The ones that execute people in cold blood? Why should anyone care?

I'm glad that (most likely) no broken bodies of women and children will be available for Anti-America CNN to show in video loops, broadcast to the world..over and over and over and...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It means he has nothing useful or informative to share. I have family in top ranks in military and on the other side politics. It's a classic arrangement.

Get us all in the room and pour some whiskey, they'll all prattle on about secrets. Political ones with secrets on influence and congressional intrigue. Military types with secrets on weapons, tactics, tec.

It's a lot of "you don't know what I know" and "you don't know what tricks we have up our sleeves".

Ask for clarifying data points- it's met with "hey fam, I said I have secrets. Wouldn't be so secret if I told you!"

These people are too busy to troll ATS with hint hint hint stuff. And our government, esp the military, is quite good at ingraining that if you have clearance, you don't go around offering substantial data points. These are my cousins, aunts and uncles. I've tried. I'm met with laughs.

With the sophisticated intelligence surrounding people's computer use and networks, a real person attempting to inform on ATS would be found and their entries nuked that very moment. They'd be jettisoned and lose all clearance. Our intelligence community is not incompetent.

So. He's a fancy actor imho, who enjoys attention and has read enough conspiracy to sound fancy. If he had strong data points to provide, and the weight on his conscience to disclose even the smallest iota to ATS... where is the real reveal?

If I had clearance and felt a duty to disclose, I'd do it all at once from one secure machine and run for the hills. Not bait and obfuscate over hundreds of posts on ATS.

It's theater.
edit on 13-4-2017 by chaeone86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All in all, it seems like the perfect bomb for a big, dumb low-T dork-waving contest. Overly flashy and completely impractical for most targets; a full squad of A6's might have delivered eight times the boom without all the fuss.

Hopefully, the bad guys are NOT back up and running tomorrow morning.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Didn't BILL CLINTON try to kill Osama Bin-Laden in this part of the world, but his bomb was too small?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Sigh.

Good lord! An ISIS stronghold that normal people would have nothing to do with. And ISIS backed into a corner. Boobey trapping everywhere there might be a path to their hideout.

THERE ARE NO CIVILIANS THERE!!!

Can you understand that? Please...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

And just for fun, I've been told we have much greater than the MOAB in our non Nuke stock too. Game changing tech. But on follow up I am told it's not for me to know. Even after a couple High ball whiskies. These people are trained to resist the worst forms of torture before disclosure. You think me over pouring changed anything? No.

A real intelligence or experimental weapon participant would. Not. Be. On. Here.

Enjoy your teenage dream.

edit on 13-4-2017 by chaeone86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sigh.

Good lord! An ISIS stronghold that normal people would have nothing to do with. And ISIS backed into a corner. Boobey trapping everywhere there might be a path to their hideout.

THERE ARE NO CIVILIANS THERE!!!

Can you understand that? Please...

Sigh.

Good Lord! I never said there were CIVILIANS there.

Perhaps you're tired. I understand. Sleep tight 2nite!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Drinking beer on my birthday!!!

D'oh!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Didn't BILL CLINTON try to kill Osama Bin-Laden in this part of the world, but his bomb was too small?

LOL
Nobody "tried to kill" Tim Osman aka OBL, he died of natural causes after a lengthy service as Boogyman Extraordinaire for the CIA.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Its your Birthday?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Drinking beer on my birthday!!!

D'oh!

Well, in that case...stay up late and ENJOY your birthday to the fullest! It might be your last, if too much chit hits Trump's fan this year.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
RUSSIA has a FOAB (Father Of All Bombs) bomb that supposedly 4 times more powerful than our MOAB.

""The US just dropped a 21,600-pound conventional bomb called the Massive Ordinance Air Blast AKA the "Mother of All Bombs" (MOAB) in Afghanistan, but Russia has a bigger one. 

The "Father of All Bombs," (FOAB) is four times bigger than the MOAB. It's a thermobaric bomb with a destruction radius of nearly 1,000 feet and a blast yield of nearly 44 tons of TNT.

Thermobaric weapons differ from conventional bombs in that they combine with atmospheric oxygen to greatly extend the blast radius.

Developed in 2007, the FOAB explodes in midair, igniting a fuel-air mixture. It vaporizing targets and collapses structures, producing blasts and aftershocks as powerful as a small nuclear blast but without the same radioactive fallout.""

SOURCE: www.msn.com...

What I don't understand is how can the Russian FOAB only have a 1,000 foot "blast radius", while our USA MOAB has a blast radius of 5,280 feet (1 mile)???
edit on 4/13/2017 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Please go live a real life. You are on here too much. Gain experience and perspective. You fire off replies to near every thread that it feels you are a bot. Every minute. Quite so much.

Please go gain actual life experience. See how your brothers and sisters struggle. Gain knowledge. Then come back. This is not meant to be cruel. It's just experience informs better than reaction.

And all I ever hear from you is reaction.

I just began a contract with a firm whose IT is supported by an Iraqi refugee. He worked for the US govt 2004-2016. At about 2010 things changed. He had death threats. Isis took over. Threatened his life and his 4 kids. Now his ESL daughter is top 10 at her school. If he stayed he would be a target for torture. He had top secret clearance. In trump
America he is considered a threat. Why would he keep to himself all the classified information? If I were him and the organizations I worked for told me to take a hike, id sell them out. I would protect my family first.

This is a real world application.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When will people learn that ISIS is a ideology? You can drop a bomb on ideas. We need to take care of home and leave the middle east and other countries alone. Period!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
16 million dollars apparently

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chaeone86

HEY!
Thank-you for the advice. I will sell my income-producing assets, and transition to the "real world", as you suggest. Maybe even experience a taste of the joy and thrill you're obviously immersed in!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Emancipation Proclamation by Vaporization.

I wonder what Obama thinks about Trumps resolve.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Emancipation Proclamation by Vaporization.

I wonder what Obama thinks about Trumps resolve.

I think you are mistaking a trigger happy military staff, one bomb and a pointless attack on a small airbase in the middle of nowhere as resolve. How about Trump's claim he would have a solid, ironclad solution to defeat ISIS in 30 days? Where is that resolve? Where is the plan? Oh.. he dropped a single bomb. I guess that was it? Brilliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join