It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Muslims protest 'sharia' vigilante in Cedar-Riverside area

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Abdullah Rashid is making patrols suggesting what the community needs to do to keep in line with sharia law. He is telling people not to drink, use drugs or interact with the opposite sex. He has sparked anger among the local residents and Muslim leaders who want him to stop. Abdullah Rashid also suggests women should wear a jilbab, and he is recruiting others to help.

Man "patrolling" to impose what he calls "the civil part of the sharia law" has community leaders, police on watch.
A man trying to impose what he calls “the civil part of the sharia law” in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis has sparked anger among local residents and Muslim leaders.

Abdullah Rashid, 22, a Georgia native who moved to Cedar-Riverside last year, has been making the rounds in the Somali-dominated neighborhood, telling people not to drink, use drugs or interact with the opposite sex. If he sees Muslim women he believes are dressed inappropriately, he approaches them and suggests they should wear a jilbab, a long, flowing garment. And he says he’s recruiting others to join the effort.
www.startribune.com...

The council on American-Islamic relations say this doesn't reflect the community at all.
Minneapolis police received reports from residents about Abdullah Rashid wearing a green uniform that says “Muslim Defense Force” and “Religious Police” and has two flags associated with ISIS and other terrorist groups. The police are monitoring the situation.

“What he’s doing is wrong and doesn’t reflect the community at all,” said Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Minneapolis police received reports in February from concerned residents who saw Rashid in a dark green uniform that said “Muslim Defense Force” and “Religious Police” and had two flags associated with ISIS and other terrorist groups.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What a Bozo. I would think at least this would be Disturbing the Peace, or something.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So what is going to happen when this Sharia Law meets vigilante law??

That's when things are going to get real interesting here in the good ole USA....

edit on 13-4-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I am surprised he hasn't had a physical altercation yet. It is usually a bad idea to tell people how to live especially when you are in a costume.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I honestly don't care if he is politely making these suggestions to his own community, but if there is any force or violence or intimidation involved then I'm 100 percent against it.

To me, it seems no different than the Amish policing their own communities and men and women.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He must be a convert?

Dude looks like an Irish Leprechaun!

St Patrick's day was last month bro

Anyways, he won't get far with that agenda...not around there at least (I hope).

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He can dress up however he wishes and make suggestions to people who wish to stop and listen.

He's no better or worse than a street corner preacher telling people to REPENT!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I understand the whole free speech thingie, but if he stopped you more than once, for not wearing a jihab, for example, wouldn't that border on harassment?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I honestly don't care if he is politely making these suggestions to his own community, but if there is any force or violence or intimidation involved then I'm 100 percent against it.

To me, it seems no different than the Amish policing their own communities and men and women.

-Alee

You can't find any major differences between the Muslim and Amish communities?

These people are going to keep pushing until real Anericans (read as not liberals) eventually snap. We aren't of the same disposition of western Europeans who allowed their country's to be forever enriched by Muslims.
edit on 13-4-2017 by GoldenMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenMan

-Alee

These people are going to keep pushing until re Anericans will eventually snap. We aren't of the same disposition of western Europeans who allowed their country's to be forever enriched by Muslims.

That is not at all what I said, but thank you.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Muslim leaders: Please stop doing this, we can't get away with that until we become a majority.

He has his freedom of speech and the more he tells others what to do the more people will be informed as to what is really expected inside Muslim society.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Just smile, nod your head, and walk away.

The same that you'd do for any crazy person.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

-Alee

I'd agree, but some may find his use of "two flags associated with ISIS and other terrorist groups" as somewhat intimidating or threatening.

I'm glad, and frankly shocked, that our local muslim community is outraged at this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're right. ( I have to get used to this new grown-up DB.)

but if he kept it up I would probably have a full blown southern woman type hissy fit on him. I hate it when peeps presume to tell me what to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

-Alee

I'd agree, but some may find his use of "two flags associated with ISIS and other terrorist groups" as somewhat intimidating or threatening.

I'm glad, and frankly shocked, that our local muslim community is outraged at this.

Fair enough! If it makes his own community even uncomfortable then I'm glad they are speaking out! I must have missed the part about the flags.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

-Alee

These people are going to keep pushing until re Anericans will eventually snap. We aren't of the same disposition of western Europeans who allowed their country's to be forever enriched by Muslims.

-Alee

Well that's the assumption made when you claimed this is "no different than the Amish policing their own communities and men and women."

To me, they are very different, as Muslim policing involves cutting of hands, stoning people to death, burning people alive inside animal cages, forcing women to cover themselves head to toe, throwing gays off buildings, and more.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

but if he kept it up I would probably have a full blown southern woman type hissy fit on him. I hate it when peeps presume to tell me what to do.

Go off on him.

If he wants to share what he thinks, then obviously he wants to hear what everyone else thinks.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ha ha, these people left the sandbox to come to the USA for freedom, and he's bringing in the very oppression they wanted to escape!

can't help wonder if he's some Euro convert. sometimes outsider converts are the most diligent (fanatical).

hope they shut their doors in his face.

some preacher standing on the corner calling for repentance is at least impersonal. if he comes down off his soapbox and knocks on my door and tells me to repent we'll have a problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Except telling other people to pay for the poor s healthcare and abortions?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

-Alee

-Alee

Well that's the assumption made when you claimed this is "no different than the Amish policing their own communities and men and women."

To me, they are very different, as Muslim policing involves cutting of hands, stoning people to death, burning people alive inside animal cages, forcing women to cover themselves head to toe, throwing gays off buildings, and more.

Then I'd recommend you don't assume what I think- but that's not my problem.

Did the article say this guy was going around cutting off hands? No it did not. Is he burning people or stoning them? No, so what hes doing, suggesting people follow their religous laws, is in my eyes not a whole lot different. I never said I viewed them as exactly the same either.

LOL

-Alee

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join