It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tough question for chemtrail believers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

it sounds very nice?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

it sounds very nice?

There is some soot that comes out of the engine, too, due to the combustion of the jet fuel, but the stuff you see is almost all water.

But one of the concerns with contrails (a concern that has been voiced since at least the 1960s) is that the long-lasting and spreading contrails create a cloud cover that artificially diminishes the sunlight. Those man-made clouds may also contribute to the greenhouse effect by creating a blanket that holds heat in.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

originally posted by: network dude
What are these trails going to accomplish? Why were they sprayed? I'd like to know the thought process that it takes to justify believing these lines were intentionally put there.

The aliens are all perverted peeping toms who always WATCH us and never show themselves.

So we naturally put up a white curtain labelled 'FU' on the upside of the fake clouds.

That was funny...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: network dude

What are these trails going to accomplish? Why were they sprayed? I'd like to know the thought process that it takes to justify believing these lines were intentionally put there.

They were intentionally put their by the airline industry. But you just exemplified the designed conundrum. Its not jet exhaust its "mystery spraying".

so a plane can intentionally create those lines at will?

No silly, the airlines fill the skies with pollution, not the planes.

if they dont use the planes, how do they get the bad juice up there?

If we're talking cloud seeding with silver iodide they sometimes do that with rockets or flares on mountain tops.

yea, but we aren't.

Dumb question anyway. What 'bad juice' ?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
First off, your post is one in a long line of baiting with false setups, and clearly you are not actually looking for an answer, what you are doing is using your truth, no chems, as the premise behind, 'see, no chems because there is no reason for it."

First off, it is possible that things happen on the planet that you are not informed about, either because you have not read every single thing ever written, or been in ever meeting every held on the planet, or because you are the actual subject of the action rather then the instigator. Prison inmate never get to be in meetings about new rules being implemented, or about funding, or about anything at all and neither are grunt soldiers, so the fact that billions are not involved in meetings about chems is not unreasonable.

More importantly, the "no chem" folks are rather intellectually lazy in that they believe there is just one, single, sole, answer to the question and because they believe that all things must have one obvious answer they use the given answers given by some people to knock down the chems existence. "they can't modify the weather so their can't be chems, I know this because science says..."

They are use for several purposes, not just one. This is hard for people to accept for some reason, that things can act in several ways not just one simple way.

1. They are often used to control weather, though this is not the exclusive reason.
2. They are often used to drop viral agents as well as other DNA altering agents, though this is not the exclusive reason.
3. Those doing the actions have been told they are saving the planet by reducing the effects of global warming though solar reflection, thereby making them heroes instead of demons.
4. the main purpose is to abate, or at least restrict, consciousness raising energy emitted from the Sun and the galactic center. This cuts off the human population from consciousness raising energies designed to put those who are ordering the chems out of business on the planet.

The later is the most important, but because most people on the planet believe they are just bodies, waiting to die, in a place where there is nothing working to externally alter their DNA or control them, or their consciousness expression, the notion of the chems being one component of this elaborate action is simply another stupid notion coming from tinfoil hats.

BTW, the chems do not actually work in area of number 4, as the energy that the nickle and barium (reflective chem components) fail to have the desired effect, though it would seem the majority of chem "deniers" (love that trigger word) don't care if their DNA is altered at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

hmm. ok.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Taken in the northeast has been a daily occurrence for at least 2 years or more.

s1380.photobucket.com...
edit on 13-4-2017 by gimcrackery because: shorten the link

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Um, thank you for the lesson. I am not quite sure what your point is though. Yes, contrails are most commonly produced at cruising altitude -- I believe over 25,000 feet. That does vary with weather conditions though; specifically temperature and humidity. It should be pointed out that those contrails dissipate very quickly and the contrail follows the plane at a fairly constant length/volume; unlike "chemtrails," which linger, grow and expand -- not dissipate.

If you are thinking, however, that it's not possible for a plane to produce contrails while ascending and/or descending, you are mistaken. Because of my usually arid climate, contrails are not as common here as elsewhere -- and not nearly as common as "chemtrails"! -- so they are more likely to catch my eye when I see them. And pretty much any time and all the time I can look up and see a plane approaching from the north or south and turning into their final descent... and when conditions permit, with contrails. I will also say that planes ascend and descend at varying speeds and angles, sometimes obviously so.

All of which is very different than the flight patterns of the high-altitude planes producing the "chemtrails" which repeatedly criss-cross the sky in a relatively small region with no apparent destination... which is the more important point.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A NASA proposition

To combat global warming

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
A method is disclosed for reducing atmospheric warming due to the greenhouse effect resulting from a greenhouse gases layer. The method comprises the step of seeding the greenhouse gas layer with a quantity of tiny particles of materials characterized by wavelength-dependent emissivity or reflectivity, in that said materials have high emissivities in the visible and far infrared wavelength regions and low emissivity in the near infrared wavelength region. Such materials can include the class of materials known as Welsbach materials. The oxides of metal, e.g., aluminum oxide, are also suitable for the purpose.

edit on (4/13/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

While I'm still not clear what types of contrails you see from planes ascending from and descending towards your local airport (again, because a plane on approach to, or has recently taken off from, an airport rarely flies at the altitude of most contrails), I'm not sure how that makes higher altitude trails that are in a criss-cross pattern more likely to be "chemtrails".

Planes flying along the aviation jet airways usually cruising at 30,000 to 37,000 feet can make contrails, and those contrails can be parallel to each other (due to multiple "lanes" along the same jet airway) and criss-cross each other (due to jet airways that intersect each other).

I guess I don't understand why the criss-crossing trails are less likely to be contrails? How can you tell by looking at a trail that crosses another that it came from a plane with no apparent destination? I mean, it's headed somewhere, right?

Granted, a racetrack pattern may appear to be a plane with no apparent destination, but racetrack patterns are used as holding patterns, often due to weather delays at the destination airport.

edit on 2017/4/13 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

a reply to: doobydoll

what gives them anymore credibility than anonymous posters on ATS? is it because they dressed the part?

Because these people are not anonymous? lol.

People in the video can be identified and their credentials checked out?

I would give them a bit more credibility than some anonymous people on an internet forum.

*No disrespect intended to anyone on this board, sincerely.

so you checked these folks out? How many of them turned out to be real?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Um, thank you for the lesson. I am not quite sure what your point is though. Yes, contrails are most commonly produced at cruising altitude -- I believe over 25,000 feet. That does vary with weather conditions though; specifically temperature and humidity. It should be pointed out that those contrails dissipate very quickly and the contrail follows the plane at a fairly constant length/volume; unlike "chemtrails," which linger, grow and expand -- not dissipate.

it should be pointed out that nowhere is there an explanation for what you just described in science. Contrails, much like their natural cousins, clouds, can linger and persist as long as conditions allow. The old lie about "contrails dissipate very quickly" is just that, a lie. Now if you can back up that claim with some science, I will consider myself "schooled". And please understand, I'm not trying to be argumentative on this, I'm stating verifiable facts. If you need me to, I can site several sources that state exactly what I said about the persisting trails.

That is the crux of the chemtrail argument and it's false, yet the theory still seems to have leggs, like a centipede.
I also think that is the reason no two believers will offer the same theory, if they offer one at all, they just "know".

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

it should be pointed out that nowhere is there an explanation for what you just described in science. Contrails, much like their natural cousins, clouds, can linger and persist as long as conditions allow. The old lie about "contrails dissipate very quickly" is just that, a lie.

A lie? Seriously??? No. Either you're just ignorant and do not want to believe anything that you have not seen for yourself, or you do know and are lying for your own purposes.

Science: Contrails appear and dissipate in direct relation to the amount of water vapor present and the temperature. Obviously, such conditions will vary by region and weather. Seattle, for example, with its very humid and relative coolness of the climate will produce much different results than Phoenix, with its very dry and warm climate. So I would expect a plane flying at high altitude over Seattle will have a longer contrail than a plane flying at high altitude over Phoenix, because the contrail will not dissipate as quickly in the wet cold air over Seattle as it would in the warm and dry air over Phoenix.

However, regardless, contrails from high altitude flying planes maintain a consistent length behind the plane. Let's say twice the length of the plane. It does not remain and grow longer and wider as the plane travels. The visible contrail follows the plane and remains a constant length.

As opposed to the "chemtrails" I am talking about which remain and grow longer and longer right behind the plane as it travels and slowly expand. And, as I've said, I have watched multiple planes fly in a grid pattern and literally criss-cross the sky, leaving behind "chemtrails" which expand into cloud cover.

There are a ton of images available showing the difference. Like here. You can also find plenty of "chemtrails" laid in a grid pattern here.

Call me a liar again if you wish, but remember when you point that one finger at me, you have four others pointing right back at you. Our words will stand on their own merit.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It seems to me that the whole discussion about wether or not "Chemtrails" are real is a distraction from the fact that our skies are severely affected by air traffic.

I don't care what you want to call it, fact is that air traffic is causing more cloud cover. Clouds that would not have formed, at least not in this amount, without the planes.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

it should be pointed out that nowhere is there an explanation for what you just described in science. Contrails, much like their natural cousins, clouds, can linger and persist as long as conditions allow. The old lie about "contrails dissipate very quickly" is just that, a lie.

A lie? Seriously??? No. Either you're just ignorant and do not want to believe anything that you have not seen for yourself, or you do know and are lying for your own purposes.

Science: Contrails appear and dissipate in direct relation to the amount of water vapor present and the temperature. Obviously, such conditions will vary by region and weather. Seattle, for example, with its very humid and relative coolness of the climate will produce much different results than Phoenix, with its very dry and warm climate. So I would expect a plane flying at high altitude over Seattle will have a longer contrail than a plane flying at high altitude over Phoenix, because the contrail will not dissipate as quickly in the wet cold air over Seattle as it would in the warm and dry air over Phoenix.

However, regardless, contrails from high altitude flying planes maintain a consistent length behind the plane. Let's say twice the length of the plane. It does not remain and grow longer and wider as the plane travels. The visible contrail follows the plane and remains a constant length.

As opposed to the "chemtrails" I am talking about which remain and grow longer and longer right behind the plane as it travels and slowly expand. And, as I've said, I have watched multiple planes fly in a grid pattern and literally criss-cross the sky, leaving behind "chemtrails" which expand into cloud cover.

There are a ton of images available showing the difference. Like here. You can also find plenty of "chemtrails" laid in a grid pattern here.

Call me a liar again if you wish, but remember when you point that one finger at me, you have four others pointing right back at you. Our words will stand on their own merit.

first off, I didn't call YOU a liar, I said the statement of contrails don't persist is a lie. It's something that non-thinkers grab onto and don't bother to investigate. So lighten up on that.

science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

Short-lived contrails look like short white lines following along behind the plane, disappearing almost as fast as the airplane goes across the sky, perhaps lasting only a few minutes or less. The air that the airplane is passing through is somewhat moist, and there is only a small amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. The ice particles that do form quickly return again to a vapor state.

Persistent (non-spreading) contrails look like long white lines that remain visible after the airplane has disappeared. This shows that the air where the airplane is flying is quite humid, and there is a large amount of water vapor available to form a contrail. Persistent contrails can be further divided into two classes: those that spread and those that don't. Persistent contrails look like long, narrow white pencil-lines across the sky.

and finally:

Persistent spreading contrails look like long, broad, fuzzy white lines. This is the type most likely to affect climate because they cover a larger area and last longer than short-lived or persistent contrails.

Contrails form when moist air is condensed through the engine and it freezes as it exits the engine since the air is -40 or colder. The condensed frozen trail can attract more moist air and grow, or it can be spread by the winds, but if the air stays at -40 or colder (as it does at that altitude) then please explain the process where the frozen condensed moist air can melt. In -40 degree air.

I am saying that those lines in the sky are likely contrails. Even the ones that persist. Once you know the science behind this, and you fully grasp it, you realize there is no need for fantasy chemtrails to explain what you see.

If you are certain you are right, please ask a weatherman or anyone else educated in the field. Basing your knowledge of what you see and hear from conspiracy people alone is not a wise thing to do at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChipForBrains
It seems to me that the whole discussion about wether or not "Chemtrails" are real is a distraction from the fact that our skies are severely affected by air traffic.

I don't care what you want to call it, fact is that air traffic is causing more cloud cover. Clouds that would not have formed, at least not in this amount, without the planes.

that is being studied and has been for a while now.
link to google scholar page

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Yes, so what is your point exactly?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChipForBrains

the point is, you cared about this enough to post this:

It seems to me that the whole discussion about wether or not "Chemtrails" are real is a distraction from the fact that our skies are severely affected by air traffic. I don't care what you want to call it, fact is that air traffic is causing more cloud cover. Clouds that would not have formed, at least not in this amount, without the planes.

to which I replied with some information regarding your post.

If you need more clarification, please ask.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It came across as being somewhat dismissive, or downplaying the point that I made by saying that they already have been looking at this "for a while now".

Maybe I misinterpreted.

Do you agree with what I posted?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join