It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tough question for chemtrail believers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

What are these trails going to accomplish? Why were they sprayed? I'd like to know the thought process that it takes to justify believing these lines were intentionally put there.

They were intentionally put their by the airline industry. But you just exemplified the designed conundrum. Its not jet exhaust its "mystery spraying".

so a plane can intentionally create those lines at will?

No silly, the airlines fill the skies with pollution, not the planes.

if they dont use the planes, how do they get the bad juice up there?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

what gives them anymore credibility than anonymous posters on ATS? is it because they dressed the part?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

I agree but its a good indication of the improbability of chemtrails.

If one were to spray chemicals one needs to know precise air pressure recordings, ppm (parts per million) dispersal and humidity. Why do you think crop dusters fly so low? Because moisture solidifies at higher altitudes, so all you would get is harmless sleet in the sky and when there is a high pressure system in the region you may as well forget about it.

Chemtrailers know little about weather which is why they are constantly debunked.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I know -- I don't believe -- I KNOW that multiple planes will often fly in a grid pattern over our skies and leave trails in a criss-cross pattern which do not dissipate but expand across the sky. I have watched it happen many many times, especially as the sun rises early in the morning. I KNOW the trails left behind are not the same as the trails left by airplanes taking off and landing from the airport. This isn't a belief, but firsthand knowledge.

contrails are man made cirrus clouds. They form at about 6 miles up. The visible exhaust you see when a plane takes off is very different. so I completely agree with you.

As for the rest, I don't "know" chemtrail don't exist, but I do know for a fact that contrails do, and to date, every picture of a line in the sky I have seen looked like a contrail. And I have yet to meet a person who can see chemicals with the naked eye from 6 miles away, though many have claimed that power.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What are these trails going to accomplish? Why were they sprayed? I'd like to know the thought process that it takes to justify believing these lines were intentionally put there.

They were intentionally put their by the airline industry. But you just exemplified the designed conundrum. Its not jet exhaust its "mystery spraying".

Sure, but we are discussing the actual white contrails that some call "chemtrails". The visible white trails.

If you are talking about the pollution from jet exhaust (like the pollution from car exhaust), then that pollution is happening whether a contrail is forming or not. Most of the time planes do not create contrails -- but they are always creating jet engine exhaust.

One good thing about it is that jet engines are highly clean and efficient, and cars and industrial factories account for much much more of the greenhouse gasses in our atmosphere than planes do. Sure, planes do add to the overall amount of greenhouse gasses, but the world's cars and factories should be of a much bigger concern to anyone.

And like I said, that's not what a contrail is. Granted, a contrail does make for more cloud cover, and I guess you could call extra cloud cover "pollution", but the contrail itself is mostly water that was already in the atmosphere. The plane added only a small amount of that water.

edit on 2017/4/13 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

You're not supposed to talk about pollution, just mystery spraying.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If we're talking cloud seeding with silver iodide they sometimes do that with rockets or flares on mountain tops.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The aliens are all perverted peeping toms who always WATCH us and never show themselves.

So we naturally put up a white curtain labelled 'FU' on the upside of the fake clouds.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

As for the rest, I don't "know" chemtrail don't exist, but I do know for a fact that contrails do, and to date, every picture of a line in the sky I have seen looked like a contrail.

I cannot speak to pictures. I don't really look at chemtrail photos. I just know what I've seen for myself. Because I'm within visual distance of the airport's flight path, I can and have literally observed the difference between typical contrails of the airlines and the so-called "chemtrails" of the planes flying in a grid pattern at the same time. I have lived close to an airport the majority of my life. There is a visible and lasting difference. I have no idea what that difference is though.

And I have yet to meet a person who can see chemicals with the naked eye from 6 miles away, though many have claimed that power.

Fair enough. But also, to be fair, there have been reports of chemical substances left on the ground after "chemtrails" appeared. Since that isn't always the case though, I can only suspect that there is more than one kind of "chemtrail." For all I know, at least in my experience, it could just be plain old H20 to provide a cloud cover for military craft or maneuvers or something -- so not really a chemical at all.

So I also question the term "chemtrail" itself. I question who termed this coin... why it has been applied to any and all "chemtrails" when they are clearly not all the same. My best guess is literal disinfo agents putting out ridiculous ideas as fact which are quickly and easily debunked, and thus used to discredit anything and everything "chemtrail."

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Fair enough. But also, to be fair, there have been reports of chemical substances left on the ground after "chemtrails" appeared. Since that isn't always the case though, I can only suspect that there is more than one kind of "chemtrail." For all I know, at least in my experience, it could just be plain old H20 to provide a cloud cover for military craft or maneuvers or something -- so not really a chemical at all.

What substance could possibly be deployed 6 miles up and land close to where it was deployed? Not even bowling balls could do that, and from what is described about chemtrails, they aren't made of bowling balls.

There is a lot of wind up there.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If we're talking cloud seeding with silver iodide they sometimes do that with rockets or flares on mountain tops.

yea, but we aren't.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: doobydoll

what gives them anymore credibility than anonymous posters on ATS? is it because they dressed the part?

Because these people are not anonymous? lol.

People in the video can be identified and their credentials checked out?

I would give them a bit more credibility than some anonymous people on an internet forum.

*No disrespect intended to anyone on this board, sincerely.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What substance could possibly be deployed 6 miles up and land close to where it was deployed?

I have absolutely no idea... maybe there isn't anything... maybe there is and neither of us know about it... maybe different substances and/or combinations of substances disperse and fall in very different ways... maybe it didn't fall close to where it was deployed but fell in ways consistent with the shifting of the chemtrails... maybe varying weather factors affect these substances and/or combinations of substances in varying ways we don't know... and maybe all "chemtrails" are not deposited at 30,000 feet...

I don't know. It seems to me there are too many variables to even hazard a guess -- one way or another! I don't pretend to know anything more than what I have personal knowledge of. And the fact that the anti-chemtrail argument is always presented in a way that puts me in one big box and tells me what I think and believe is one huge red flag for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Im not a believer in chemtrails, however one of the reasons ive heard given by a chemtrail "whistleblower", was that the alleged chemicals being sprayed (supposedly aluminum and barium) are sprayed to enhance wireless communications by making the air more conductive. He cited an experiment, where you pass current through plain water and check the resistance, then add some aluminum and barium (sodium) and measure the resistance. I dont know a thing about radio waves, or how electric current corrolates to them, but IF they are real, this would seem a plausable reason.
edit on 13/4/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Here is thread that will help explain.

www.metabunk.org...

On a layman's level, have you noticed that many of the lighting strikes today emanate from the ground and go up (skyward)
?

I'll stop there as this is a very gray area.

Buck

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Nice link! I can throw that seemingly plausable explanation in with the other junk ive read/heard over the years.
Thanks for clearing that up! I hate it when i dont believe in things, but i get these explanations that i cant totally dismiss.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Those are stratus clouds so it's no mystery that at that altitude a plane would leave extensive contrails in the midst of moist air.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I know what it is. My friend told me. it is freezing up there and gasses coming out of engines are freezing as a line.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

As for the rest, I don't "know" chemtrail don't exist, but I do know for a fact that contrails do, and to date, every picture of a line in the sky I have seen looked like a contrail.

I cannot speak to pictures. I don't really look at chemtrail photos. I just know what I've seen for myself. Because I'm within visual distance of the airport's flight path, I can and have literally observed the difference between typical contrails of the airlines and the so-called "chemtrails" of the planes flying in a grid pattern at the same time. I have lived close to an airport the majority of my life. There is a visible and lasting difference. I have no idea what that difference is though.

I'm not sure how close you mean when you say you are close to an airport, but a plane does not reach cruising altitude (the altitude most contrails are produced) until AT LEAST 30 to 50 miles after it takes off.

If you are within 30 miles of an airport, then any contrails you see are most likely coming from planes that are not arriving or departing that particular airport, but are instead over-flying you coming from from elsewhere and going to elsewhere.

edit on 2017/4/13 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta
I know what it is. My friend told me. it is freezing up there and gasses coming out of engines are freezing as a line.

Yes and no.

Some of the water that is freezing into ice crystals you see in a contrail are from the engine. However, in a long-lasting and spreading contrail, some of the ice forming the contrail was from moisture that is already present in the air. The ice crystals in the contrail create nucleation points onto which additional moisture can attache to and freeze into additional ice crystals.

Not only that, but much of the moisture coming out of the back on the engine is moisture that was already in the air that was sucked into the front of the engine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join