It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a fan of science, but the Big Bang doesn't seem realitstic to me.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: droid56

Most lay people will agree with you (and me), but scientists must invent something from nothing to explain everything otherwise, they have no basis for existence. Funny, though, how they create the Big Bang theory to explain us but deny the reality of UFOs. I think that tends to show how humans are stuck on seeing themselves as masters of the universe despite gross ignorance of the same.

The reason they know the Big Bang is real is because of light having a finite speed..

we can track the universes growth nearly from the beginning. If you look back 3 billion light years away, you see the universe as it was 3 billion years ago..

So it was quite easy to track its progress over the eons.. with the Big Bang they are only really speculating about the initial cause and very earliest parts..

After that we can literally just look far away and see what was happening.

What evidence do you have that light has a finite speed
Are you saying it has always been the same, how do you know that
Imagine light has seasons, yeah it's basic but it might help you think out of the box
Summer, really slow,
Autumn, just slow
Winter, getting fast
Spring, really fast

You don't know how constant light speed was 100 years ago, never mind 1000 years ago
That's silly

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you have any evidence to suggest that the speed of light is variable? Because if you don't, then you have no reason to doubt the claim that the speed of light is constant. I trust Einstein over you. They clocked the speed of light back in Ancient Greece, by the way.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

key word is Theory. that's all they are. and the answers accommodate the question in this OP.

Its theory's that have got us to being this advanced, without theories and trial and testing them we still be in the dark ages. So really its not stupid, its testing the water to a greater intelligence of the cosmos in this instance.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Imagine light has seasons, yeah it's basic but it might help you think out of the box

if I remember correctly I think you a devoted Christian. and you use the sentence "thinking outside the box" that's the type of thinking that religion is against. next it will be common sense and logic, which again does' not sit will with religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

What happens before the Big Bang seems to be the real issue the current theory fails to address.

That being said, what ever did happen will always remain a mystery simply because of the unobservable nature of the problem in any kind of meaningful manner.

Chances are we live in a multiverse comprised of an infinite amount of universe.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Chances are we live in a multiverse comprised of an infinite amount of universe.

Chances are that whatever is really true is far grander than anything we've imagined. Including this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

if I remember correctly I think you a devoted Christian. and you use the sentence "thinking outside the box" that's the type of thinking that religion is against. next it will be common sense and logic, which again does' not sit will with religion.

If I remember correctly science is repeatable observable and testable
It's not faith

People think I reply in anger, I am just incredulous about how silly people are

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Yeah theory, but so many people are saying it has evidence when there is none

It's stupid to cal it science when there is no evidence

Bring the evidence to the thread or I will happily laugh at the childish comments provided

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes reality does seem to be rather infinite in nature.

Truth is we don't have the capacity to understand the grand scheme of the universe or the ability thus far to even design/build the tools to address the larger questions pertaining to the subject in question.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you have any evidence to suggest that the speed of light is variable? Because if you don't, then you have no reason to doubt the claim that the speed of light is constant. I trust Einstein over you. They clocked the speed of light back in Ancient Greece, by the way.

Do you know what you are saying, do you understand science

Please go back to the kiddie pool

As for the speed of light being variable, I suggest you check out ......what's his name, curly headed hipster, German I think, pokes his tongue out, something to do with the theory of relativity, Nobel prize winner, sure he was
Friends called him Al I think
Princeton, died in 55, 1955 that is, not 2055

Buggered if I can remember his name, was it e=mc hammer or something?

Sorry, just having a bit of fun
Please laugh with me

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I believe i found this on IFLScince. The new theory is a super nova of sorts in the 4th dimension collapsed and exploded in our 3rd Dimension and poof! Big Bang.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yes reality does seem to be rather infinite in nature.

Truth is we don't have the capacity to understand the grand scheme of the universe or the ability thus far to even design/build the tools to address the larger questions pertaining to the subject in question.

Exactly. We as a species will probably never get to the point where we even understand 1% of the total universe.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I know enough about science to know that you don't refute honest questions with childish ad hominems.

As for the speed of light being variable, I suggest you check out ......what's his name, curly headed hipster, German I think, pokes his tongue out, something to do with the theory of relativity, Nobel prize winner, sure he was

Please laugh with me

I'm actually laughing at you. For one, I brought up Einstein first, so getting arrogant and snippy with me about him makes you look like you didn't read my post. And for two, Einstein's equation E=Mc^2, c is a constant that stands for the speed of light. Constant means that it doesn't change. You literally just proved that you have no clue what you are talking about.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Buddy i will be happy if we ever even manage to meet our own energy demands sustainably.

There is some hope all the same, if we ever manage to create an artificial energy based form of intelligence, that learns in an exponential manner, it may be able to fathom and address some of the larger questions and problems humanity cannot fully comprehend.

Possibly that is our evolutionary purpose in the grand scheme of things to come.

edit on 13-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I am sticking with a lot of little bangs happening all the time. Like rain drops hitting a infinite ocean.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Ah but do said bangs happen in a linear fashion, one after the other, or do they somehow interact/spawn in a non-linear manner?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Buddy i will be happy if we ever even manage to meet our own energy demands sustainability.

I doubt that is possible. Whenever we increase our energy output, we always think of new uses for that energy. Thus there will always be a limited supply of available energy to go around. If we harness the power of a star, we'll figure out ways to use all that energy. Eventually we'll be burning through stars just to fuel some rich boob of the future's interstellar vacation space ship.

There is some hope all the same, if we ever manage to create an artificial energy based form of intelligence, that learns in an exponential manner, it may be able to fathom and address some of the larger questions and problems humanity cannot fully comprehend.

I doubt things will be so simple. I have a feeling that humans will never make it off of the planet outside of just colonizing space ships that lie in orbit around the planet (as that would be far more economical than terraforming a planet). All the deep space stuff will be explored and documented by robots. That way we don't have to take up valuable space on these ships for living space, supplies, air, and water.

Possibly that is our evolutionary purpose in the grand scheme of things to come.

I doubt there is a purpose to anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I know enough about science to know that you don't refute honest questions with childish ad hominems.

Please laugh with me

I'm actually laughing at you. For one, I brought up Einstein first, so getting arrogant and snippy with me about him makes you look like you didn't read my post. And for two, Einstein's equation E=Mc^2, c is a constant that stands for the speed of light. Constant means that it doesn't change. You literally just proved that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Oops my bad
Anyway, it looks dodgy

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I did not say it would be easy or even possible, for us that is.

If there is no purpose to anything then why does order come from chaos?

The universal constant seems enough reason to assume that there is some form of underlying method to the madness of our universe. but that just my own opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Why? What makes it look dodgy to you?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join