It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a fan of science, but the Big Bang doesn't seem realitstic to me.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's silly ks
There has to be a single point in time, 1 second even, not even a day
An instant in time where evolution allows a single species to evolve into a new species

It can't happen over millions of years, it has to happen at a given point
Species don't interbreed, at one point that has to stop.
At birth even, a new species arrives

When that first egg was laid, it happened in a day, the egg didn't take millions of years to lay

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie
It's been postulated before.

Cyclical model

Big Bounce
edit on 13-4-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Why is it that one. Looks the same to me

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Evidence of reality or that its infinite?

Evidence we don't have the capacity to understand the nature or the grand scheme of the universe?

Evidence that we cannot answer most of the larger questions pertaining to the reality we experience?

Well we don't understand gravity, dark matter/energy, or even where our our consciousness originates or how it relates in it's entirety to the reality we perceive.

Don't know if that constitutes evidence, certainly lack of knowledge and understanding.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My guess is the origin of the universe is far stranger than we can comprehend at this point in our development. It might be remain so no matter how long we survive. It's a miracle that it or we even exist. I suspect as well that the key to it all is relatively simple (no pun intended), elegant if you will.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Language informs perception.

Since you don't have a dozen plus different words for different shades and tones of green, you are unable to easily discern the difference.

It is subtle to people without a large language for the color green...but can you see the difference now?

edit on 13-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Does it really matter?

I mean, the Universe has been here for:
a. 14.5 trillion years
b. Forever
c. Both of the above
d. None of the above
e. All of the above

Essay question: How does your answer affect your paradigm?

Essentially you make a very valid point: since it is close to impossible using our current level of knowledge and technology to determine definitively how/when the universe was created, and since we are "closer" to understanding today than we were thousands of years ago (but not by very much), and more importantly even if we did have 100% knowledge of everything that came into existence, it would take a VERY LONG time to utilise that knowledge to make meaningful changes to our current existence.

So, and this begs the question: from a realistic point of view, why do so many around the world choose to continually ask these questions knowing that getting an answer is close to impossible? I believe there are 3 primary reasons:

1) General curiosity of the unknown, which has always been a natural human trait, and this case is the ULTIMATE unknown

2) The vast majority of people on this world are NOT happy or satisfied with this current existence and feel knowing about our origins could significantly enable us to change things for the better, thus they keep asking and focusing on those questions: WHY are we the way we are, WHY do we do these things? What is the purpose or reason for all of this?

3) Demonstrating that knowing for certain about their origins is impossible. Using their ignorance of their origins and a lack of an objective source of morality to justify doing things that most others consider to be wrong, harmful or destructive (kind of like being amoral)

edit on 13/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Raggedyman

Language informs perception.

Since you don't have a dozen plus different words for different shades and tones of green, you are unable to easily discern the difference.

It is subtle to people without a large language for the color green...but can you see the difference now?

Vaguely, maybe, kinda, sortof
I think
It's pretty close in matching?, but the top one does seem a little lighter
Not something I would ever notice, maybe outside in the sun I might
It's not as distinct as blue and green, that's a stretch

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Gotta ask...

Hobby?

Or is your field perceptual psychology? Ophthalmology or Optical research?

Astrophysics, which touches on optics in the earlier years of study.

Also have an interest in digital photo manipulation which involves understandings of colour spaces and how we see and process them.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

If I could stand at a viewpoint where I can see the singularity of a black hole, not on the side of the black hole where the event horizon is but from where the singularity blasts out what the event horizon takes in,

I would see particles coming from 'nowhere'.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ok for you...start at the 42 minute mark:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Still not sure the number of fingers and toes we have is a rational way to base a mathematical system to describe the universe. Not to say it isn't doing very well, but still interested in alternative systems of math...

The radix you use is totally irrelevant. The algebra remains the same.

For instance, the computer you're using uses base 2. You use base 10. However, converting to other radixes is butt simple. The math still works just the same, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
5 edits and a spelling mistake by me in the title show that alcohol can have a negative impact on my writing ability.
I am currently not under the influence of alcohol so this post should not require edits.

It's a big mystery is what I believe. We should know more in the future. Drunk though I was, what I typed is still what I think is true.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
5 edits and a spelling mistake by me in the title show that alcohol can have a negative impact on my writing ability.
I am currently not under the influence of alcohol so this post should not require edits.

It's a big mystery is what I believe. We should know more in the future. Drunk though I was, what I typed is still what I think is true.

How old is the earth do you think?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Earth is billions of years old. The universe is almost 14 billion years old. Am I right?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm not a Christian, but if you are and you are a kind person, then I am happy to share this planet with you.

But I do think quantum mechanics opens the door to a hologrphic universe, though I am not willing to accept the idea that our consciousness is just digital in nature. I can't provide proof. It's just a strong gut feeling I have.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Science doesn't need "fans."

Also, questions about the veracity of a hypothesis at this level are generally offered by folks who are entering graduate programs, for a reason. They know how to do the math.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I don't see how the big bang isn't plausible.

If a black hole can suck energy/light/matter in to point nothing can escape it.

The the big bang is the beginning of the cycle.

Cause/effect.

Birth to death.

Yes , and No.

The cycles are hijacked by all manner of things, ideologies, whatever cycle this is it is now useless, over.

Black Holes are also a waste a synergy of what you actually hate here on EARTH, no need to continue.

Grab your gear, loosen your rage, and try and believe we can do more, ( Love you Neo)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
Awe...thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Science doesn't need "fans."

Also, questions about the veracity of a hypothesis at this level are generally offered by folks who are entering graduate programs, for a reason. They know how to do the math.

Really, really, I can't believe the arrogance and fatuity of some of the comments in this thread
Really, only those who have or are entering a graduate program, really
So, nobody else gets to offer anything, ask questions, comment

There is no reason, to suggests that their is a reason would indicate you see yourself as inept

Everyone can and has the right, there is no reason

Comments like yours are the reason why science has been perverted into the corporate bitch it now is.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join